MY06 wrx v. 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee? would i win? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on MY06 wrx v. 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee? would i win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you will only win if your driving is better than your punctuation....

you will only win if your driving is better than your punctuation.
    --== Hawkeye Alliance Member #096 ==--

2007 OBP STi
    Shorty Shifter, Boost Gauge

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    cuz everyone knows that four re92s cannot possibly provide enough traction for the tire spinning monster that is a stock wrx
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbleiweiss View Post
    i killed an 01 mustang v6 the other day from a roll of like 25 just throwin it out there lol!
    Thou shalt not brag about beating v6 mustangs. It's a rule.
    +1
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

cuz everyone knows that four re92s cannot possibly provide enough traction for the tire spinning monster that is a stock wrx
    i know what a beast, i ripped right through the tread in a month
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

dude just do it i have the same car but stage two and i raced a supercharged jeep and i mashed it just try to stay away from rolls but even then with a jeep you should still win. JUST DON'T BE STUPID

"The 5.9 liter engine in stock form cranks out 245 hp and 345 ft. lbs of torque. It propels the 4200 lbs of luxury SUV from 0 to 60 in 6.8 seconds. 1/4 mile time is 15.2 seconds" (Motor Trend Jan, 1998)

that's quick for a jeep, but a wrx should def beat it, especially if you're going to be stage one by then...don't put any money on it though ha

r3x
    i miss my 5.9 DAMN YOU FOR HITTING MY JEEP

haha ok thanks for all the opinions guys im feelin pretty good about this! lol i talked to him for today and i asked "so when are we racing" kinda sarcastically he said his jeep was in the shop for a broken alternator he dropped it off at the dealership today how long do u think that will take to get fixed?
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

haha ok thanks for all the opinions guys im feelin pretty good about this! lol i talked to him for today and i asked "so when are we racing" kinda sarcastically he said his jeep was in the shop for a broken alternator he dropped it off at the dealership today how long do u think that will take to get fixed?
    LoL... probably the day you sell your WRX... or something of the like
    Blobeye Syndicate #98

if you dont beat him im gonna be SO PISSED., i live in a small town in north dakota, and EVERYONE has massive huge turbo pickup
    this one guy who is supose to have the fastest pickup in town (has like 800 hp and 1,000 tq) so he says, and i walked the crap out of him. jeeps are fattys, i say you got it in the bag...............but if you lose

I Support ClubWRX
    Thou shalt not brag about beating v6 mustangs. It's a rule.
    +12

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    First off, this is a verbal warning not to dodge the swear filter in the tech forums. We let things slide a bit in OT, but nowhere else.

Secondly, please turn your humor detector on. Tegs is having fun with you.
    Nice Avatar, what do you call it? Platy-pus eye? Are you making an innuendo with the bold?

Hey I spun all four for a short time at the track.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
    you will only win if your driving is better than your punctuation.
    QFT

hey guys i have what i think is a really easy money-making oppertunity on my hands.. i just got an 06 wrx about a month ago and am loving every minute of it right now i've got ap stage one w/ a cat back in the mail.. it would be the dp in the mail except their on back order so ill just get one when its back in stock... but enough about me lol this guy i know has a 1998 5.9 jeep grand cherokee with a throttle body and headers and an exhaust besides the headers the exhaust is just a catback i think but im not sure it might be the whole system he wants to race me and is getting rather cocky about it i proposed a little wager *or a lotta wager if he's up to it* i said id match whatever he puts down but if he puts down a low number it means he's nervous lol i think i have a pretty damn good shot at beating him considering a 1000 lbs less and have more hp and only 40ftlbs torque less than his stock idk what the parts he has on would give but i would like to know if u guys think this is a joke race and i should milk it for all i can get im in no way friends with the guy and would like nothing more than to race for slips lol *watching too much of the fast and the furious* any opinions would be appreciated i should have the cat back on to race him! but still sadly no dp til mid january!
    AN SRT8 Jeep would pwn you because of 3 little letters a one number.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Nice Avatar, what do you call it? Platy-pus eye? Are you making an innuendo with the bold?
    Very perceptive, young padawan.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Neff View Post
    LoL... probably the day you sell your WRX... or something of the like
    hah thats what im thinkin too! when i saw him today he saw my car for the first time and didn't say a word lol he was surprisingly quiet instead of the uh.. meanie? *trying to be nice and not swear! your welcome rayfields lol* he used to be lol its probably b/c i've bulked up alot since then and he's scared of my amazing wrx lol

rayfields im likin the platypus-eye lol that and bigbird-eye r tied for first lol
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

My buddy has a 98 5.9L, pretty rare cars. It definitely has a lot of power but I've never seen him race it. As quoted earlier, motor trend says it runs low 15's. I imagine even with all the mods it probably wouldn't break 14. You should beat it, but they're really fast SUV's for how old they are.

Quote Originally Posted by ww_Crimson View Post
    My buddy has a 98 5.9L, pretty rare cars. It definitely has a lot of power but I've never seen him race it. As quoted earlier, motor trend says it runs low 15's. I imagine even with all the mods it probably wouldn't break 14. You should beat it, but they're really fast SUV's for how old they are.
    my old Jeep with a 5.9, headers, catless exhaust did 14.8 w/ 31" swamp tires and a 3inch lift
    NEWENGLAND F4
    Mod List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.