MS3 vs WRX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on MS3 vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; lemme introduce myself, my name is RJ, and i drive an 08 mazdaspeed 3. it has 263hp and 280 ft/tq. ...

MS3 vs WRX

lemme introduce myself, my name is RJ, and i drive an 08 mazdaspeed 3. it has 263hp and 280 ft/tq. it is a very fun car to drive. so i drive about 20mins to class everyday, and there are quite a few cars on the road that i get to race. there are a ton of wrx's. i raced one on the highway, from 60 to 120, and i blew it away. from a dig tho, the wrx gets its infamous jump with its awd, but after the end of 2nd, im continously pulling away. i love the wrx, and would have gotten one if not for the recent model change

i plan on upgrading my ms3 with some coilovers, exhaust and intake. its a lot of power in this small car. sometimes i wish i had an 04 or 06 aspen white wrx tho

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    at 263hp it would seem that your mazdaspeed is a little over-matched for an unmodified wrx yet it doesn't have the nut to compete with an sti so i'm not sure what statement you are making here.

Quote Originally Posted by yashuone View Post
    at 263hp it would seem that your mazdaspeed is a little over-matched for an unmodified wrx yet it doesn't have the nut to compete with an sti so i'm not sure what statement you are making here.
    well, i got my mazdaspeed3 for $23500 out the door. the wrx is what, $25000 base? i own wrx's with a cheaper car, and i may not be able to beat the STi, but my car costs over $10,000 cheaper than an sti, and is able to get similiar 1/4 times. the ms3 has been known to get mid 13's stock. with exhaust and intake, im sure its STi territory.

Banned
    so for 1500 bucks we get awd and a cooler car

and if you want to race in the snow (or dirt) i'm sure you could find plenty of wrx owners to take you up on that challenge.

seems like you made your way to the wrong forum... here you go...
    http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/

so for 1500 bucks we get awd and a cooler car

and if you want to race in the snow (or dirt) i'm sure you could find plenty of wrx owners to take you up on that challenge.

seems like you made your way to the wrong forum... here you go...
    http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/
    i dunno...if im gonna spend $1500 extra, id want a faster car.

lol race in the snow or dirt? im talking about streetracing/drag racing, not rally and honestly who challenges another car to a snow or dirt road race? "YO i lost...but race me when it snows out, or lets race in the woods or something" im talking practical racing.

dont get me wrong, i think the wrx is a pretty cool car, but its way overrated. for example, on the highway, the rsx-s with i/h/e will beat the wrx. the new si with bolt ons beats the wrx. the gti beats the wrx. the gti and si are about 5 grand cheaper than the wrx. its a good car, just overrated.

Troll............................................. ...........
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MS3boi View Post
    i dunno...if im gonna spend $1500 extra, id want a faster car.

lol race in the snow or dirt? im talking about streetracing/drag racing, not rally and honestly who challenges another car to a snow or dirt road race? "YO i lost...but race me when it snows out, or lets race in the woods or something" im talking practical racing.

dont get me wrong, i think the wrx is a pretty cool car, but its way overrated. for example, on the highway, the rsx-s with i/h/e will beat the wrx. the new si with bolt ons beats the wrx. the gti beats the wrx. the gti and si are about 5 grand cheaper than the wrx. its a good car, just overrated.

Oh my word, MS3boi has pwned the whole WRX community!

Something something huge manatee...

Please keep street racing.
    Last edited by mbs627; 12-07-2007 at 09:54 AM.

Banned
    im talking practical racing.

oh that kind

oh that kind
    ya, not challenging others to a snow/dirt race. I challenge YOU to a dirt/snow race! wait a few days for the snow to pile up though.

the new MS3 is the wrx killer, yet cheaper.

I have no desire to race in a straight line or race in general I just wanted something awd with reliability and some get up and go, I guess that's why I'm here.

I guess my suggestion would be to close thread?
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Id take my "OVERRATED" wrx over any mazda, anyday, PERIOD.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Banned
    and honestly who challenges another car to a snow or dirt road race?

I challenge YOU to a dirt/snow race!

Banned
    Nah, don't close it. lts see how many people can get butthurt from
    MS3BOI's posts

LMAO....i was talking about a WRX owner challenging the other car LOL!!! jeez maybe its just u, but u WRX owners sure are cocky till u get beat lol and yashuone, u arent too smart either huh? brain doesnt function too fast, just like your WRX

Banned
    ya, not challenging others to a snow/dirt race. I challenge YOU to a dirt/snow race! wait a few days for the snow to pile up though.

the new MS3 is the wrx killer, yet cheaper.

Yeah. You win. What was I thinking getting a car that was easy to mod, built with superior safety in mind ( http://www.pyrcz.com/ ), and full-time AWD. God, what an abysmally poor choice I have made! Rescue me, MS3boi! Help me with the error of my ways! Teach me that torque steering, FWD, limited-production cars are the way to go! Let me sit at home in the snow, rather than toil away in the frigid weather of the winter months with the traction I've so enjoyed over the past 60K miles! Please teach me the street racer's creed! Speed, and only speed is the true worth of a car! I will forsake my love of driving gravel and dirt mountain backroads and replace it with parking lot meets, popped collars and street racing!

This thread made my lunch break great. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast