MS3 vs WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

This is a discussion on MS3 vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just wanted to some up what this thread was about let me know if I got it right. You ...

  1. #16
    Registered User BigB007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,539
    I just wanted to some up what this thread was about let me know if I got it right. You got an 08 mazdaspeed3 which is a nice car, you love wrx's and sometimes wish you had one but you beat them daily on your commute to school.

    I am not sure what your purpose of a post was on this forum, please help.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User Lightbulbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Baghdad, Iraq
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    Yeah. You win. What was I thinking getting a car that was easy to mod, built with superior safety in mind ( http://www.pyrcz.com/ ), and full-time AWD. God, what an abysmally poor choice I have made! Rescue me, MS3boi! Help me with the error of my ways! Teach me that torque steering, FWD, limited-production cars are the way to go! Let me sit at home in the snow, rather than toil away in the frigid weather of the winter months with the traction I've so enjoyed over the past 60K miles! Please teach me the street racer's creed! Speed, and only speed is the true worth of a car! I will forsake my love of driving gravel and dirt mountain backroads and replace it with parking lot meets, popped collars and street racing!

    This thread made my lunch break great. Thanks!
    Quoted for truth....
    You said just about everything i wanted to say without breaking out the e-peen
    Essayons!
    21B

    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2580544 <-- My car.

  4. #18
    Registered User Janus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    ... I will forsake my love of driving gravel and dirt mountain backroads and replace it with parking lot meets, popped collars and street racing!

    This thread made my lunch break great. Thanks!

    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

  5. #19
    Registered User wrxwalsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Spring/ Arlington
    Posts
    593
    well a couple of points are wrong here, an rsx with bolt ons will not beat a wrx, a civic si with bolts on will not beat a wrx, a gti will not beat a wrx, oh and a stage 2 wrx will beat a MS3 hands down (without the torque steer). go to the board where MS3's belong and talk all the trash you want about wrxs.

    Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

    Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

  6. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    195
    is it me or do popped collars and boy spelled "boi" go hand in hand?

    (no offense to big boi as i likes me a lil' outkast now and again)

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxwalsh View Post
    well a couple of points are wrong here, an rsx with bolt ons will not beat a wrx, a civic si with bolts on will not beat a wrx, a gti will not beat a wrx, oh and a stage 2 wrx will beat a MS3 hands down (without the torque steer). go to the board where MS3's belong and talk all the trash you want about wrxs.

    Matt
    ya they will beat a stock wrx n still be cheaper. its all about straight street racing.

    pop yo colla'z up yo!

    point of the thread was to share my experience with the wrx, and to compare the wrx to the "world" as the topic states. why does everyone get angry when a car is able to beat theirs?

  8. #22
    Registered User BigB007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by MS3boi View Post
    point of the thread was to share my experience with the wrx, and to compare the wrx to the "world" as the topic states. why does everyone get angry when a car is able to beat theirs?
    I'm not angry and I don't care if a car is able to beat mine there is always someone faster. I asked what the point was because it seemed like you came on here to just attack the wrx which is not nice, I am happy with the choice I made and I think that's all that matters.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

  9. #23
    Registered User ElBartoRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chester Co. PA
    Posts
    1,348
    Hey everyone, I figured I would chime in since I owned a WRX and now own a MS3...

    first to the OP, you gotta show a little more respect when you come on a car specific forum and start talking about how your car is 'better' and cheaper than the WRX. The WRX and the MS3 both have their pros and cons. The aftermarket is much much better for the WRX and it won't take much to even up those ms3 vs. WRX odds. Obviously WRX owners are gonna take it personally when you com in with that tone.

    second, just to quiet any misconceptions. The MS3 has next to no torque steer due to the electronic torque control, which basically limits boost and throttle position in 1st and 2nd gear.

    a stock MS3 is faster than a stage 2 2.0 WRX on the highway. Obviously AWD wins the launch. I know this because I just traded my stage 2 WRX for a MS3 which I drive 80 miles a day round trip on the highway. Yeah its FWD...we all know.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 12-07-2007 at 11:08 AM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by MS3boi View Post
    well, i got my mazdaspeed3 for $23500 out the door. the wrx is what, $25000 base? i own wrx's with a cheaper car, and i may not be able to beat the STi, but my car costs over $10,000 cheaper than an sti, and is able to get similiar 1/4 times. the ms3 has been known to get mid 13's stock. with exhaust and intake, im sure its STi territory.
    My '04 WRX Wagon was $20,000...new...out the door. Not sure where you are getting $25K from. Learn to shop around and you can get good prices.

    A true Impreza enthusiast buys these cars because of its rich rally heritage. We take our cars to the empty deserts/snow fields just to hold-on while we take them sideways. They are fun, easy to control and leave the driver with a firm sense of safety regardless of what the weather has to dish-out at you. From what you have written, it is very clear why Imprezas are not for you since your interest lies solely with driving on tarmac...and in a straight line.

    BTW, street racing is pathetic regardless of the car you own/drive. Take it to the track if you want to race someone, where you do not risk other's lives just to make-up for whatever identity crisis you feel are lacking in. Be it peer-pressure, bragging-rights...whatever...do not bring any of that to the streets!

  11. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    Hey everyone, I figured I would chime in since I owned a WRX and now own a MS3...

    first to the OP, you gotta show a little more respect when you come on a car specific forum and start talking about how your car is 'better' and cheaper than the WRX. The WRX and the MS3 both have their pros and cons. The aftermarket is much much better for the WRX and it won't take much to even up those ms3 vs. WRX odds.

    second, just to quiet any misconceptions. The MS3 has next to no torque steer due to the electronic torque control, which basically limits boost and throttle position in 1st and 2nd gear.

    a stock MS3 is faster than a stage 2 2.0 WRX on the highway. Obviously AWD wins the launch. I know this because I just traded my stage 2 WRX for a MS3 which I drive 80 miles a day round trip on the highway. Yeah its FWD...we all know.
    i have respect for subaru. ill show some more respect though. finally, someone who can back me up on this...the ms3 is an amazing car, and it is faster than even a st II wrx.

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    I'm not angry and I don't care if a car is able to beat mine there is always someone faster. I asked what the point was because it seemed like you came on here to just attack the wrx which is not nice, I am happy with the choice I made and I think that's all that matters.
    ya i would be happy with your car as well. im just happier with my ms3. where i live, NY, the snow is cleared very fast by trucks, so i hardly even drive in too much snow. the highways are covered for a very short period of time. but the wrx is a cool car.

  13. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by encryptedzion View Post
    My '04 WRX Wagon was $20,000...new...out the door. Not sure where you are getting $25K from. Learn to shop around and you can get good prices.

    A true Impreza enthusiast buys these cars because of its rich rally heritage. We take our cars to the empty deserts/snow fields just to hold-on while we take them sideways. They are fun, easy to control and leave the driver with a firm sense of safety regardless of what the weather has to dish-out at you. From what you have written, it is very clear why Imprezas are not for you since your interest lies solely with driving on tarmac...and in a straight line.

    BTW, street racing is pathetic regardless of the car you own/drive. Take it to the track if you want to race someone, where you do not risk other's lives just to make-up for whatever identity crisis you feel are lacking in. Be it peer-pressure, bragging-rights...whatever...do not bring any of that to the streets!
    when another driver of a car revs at you at a red light, or if they try and toy with you on the highway, you gotta show them whats up. even if i owned a wrx, i wouldnt go off roading with it too much, im not trying to mess my car up. the wrx is a tuned down version of the rally car isnt it?
    the MS3 handles very well on tarmac may i add.

  14. #28
    Registered User BigB007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by MS3boi View Post
    ya i would be happy with your car as well. im just happier with my ms3. where i live, NY, the snow is cleared very fast by trucks, so i hardly even drive in too much snow. the highways are covered for a very short period of time. but the wrx is a cool car.
    Unfortunately my neighborhood is the last place to be plowed and I have to navigate two hills before I get to it which means awd is required to make it home in the snow and I always see others with fwd or rwd struggling.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

  15. #29
    Registered User wrxwalsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Spring/ Arlington
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by MS3boi View Post
    when another driver of a car revs at you at a red light, or if they try and toy with you on the highway, you gotta show them whats up. even if i owned a wrx, i wouldnt go off roading with it too much, im not trying to mess my car up. the wrx is a tuned down version of the rally car isnt it?
    the MS3 handles very well on tarmac may i add.
    umm... i dont know about you but you dont, you can be mature and blow them off like the idiot that they are, regaurdless if you can beat them or not.

    Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

    Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

  16. #30
    Registered User ElBartoRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chester Co. PA
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by encryptedzion View Post
    My '04 WRX Wagon was $20,000...new...out the door. Not sure where you are getting $25K from. Learn to shop around and you can get good prices.
    To be fair, he was talking about MSRP, which is higher for the WRX than the MS3. 20k out the door for a brand new car is a nasty deal, but is a far cry from what people pay for the WRX on average.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 12-07-2007 at 11:24 AM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •