Stock 04 wrx vs stock 07 350z
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

This is a discussion on Stock 04 wrx vs stock 07 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok well i got a 5 speed 04 wrx .. i just have exhaust. an AUTOMATIC 350z wants to race ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    278

    Stock 04 wrx vs stock 07 350z

    Ok well i got a 5 speed 04 wrx .. i just have exhaust. an AUTOMATIC 350z wants to race , im just curious as to how fast the automatic ones are. who you think would win all in all?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User RatedReX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    32
    Do you really not know the answer to this?

    IMO, I would have to say that the 350z would take you without breaking a sweat.
    I feel the need....the neeeeeed for speed!

  4. #3
    Registered User jma_1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    905
    only one way to find out: go race. in a sanctioned environment, of course.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

  5. #4
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,768
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedReX
    IMO, I would have to say that the 350z would take you without breaking a sweat.
    300+hp vs 227hp?

    I'd say that's a safe bet
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  6. #5
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    I have 06 350Z and had an 05 WRX. The Z will win most likely. The Auto isn't that much slower than the manual and it will reduce the chance of driver error.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  7. #6
    Registered User Micah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ocean Grove, NJ
    Posts
    4,142
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I have 06 350Z and had an 05 WRX. The Z will win most likely.
    +1

    I have a 05 350Z and a 2002 WRX.

    stock wrx - lose
    stage 1 wrx - lose
    stage 2 wrx - drivers race (WRX from a dig, 350Z from a roll)
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    278
    alright cool thanks . he may beat me but atleast i can say that my mommy didnt buy my car!

  9. #8
    Registered User jma_1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    905
    just out-mod him and win. but bringing his mom into the mix could work, too.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

  10. #9
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Well you could also create a snowy drag strip somewhere, or have some sort of cargo/passenger capacity contest.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  11. #10
    Registered User Micah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ocean Grove, NJ
    Posts
    4,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. View Post
    alright cool thanks . he may beat me but atleast i can say that my mommy didnt buy my car!
    to which he could counter:

    mine love me
    mine aren't poor
    Uck-Fay, Ou-Yay

    Avoid that - save some dough, and pick up an uppipe, downpipe, and Engine Management - at Stage 2, you'll have a solid chance.

    If you simply can't wait - WEIGHT REDUCTION. No people in the car with you, get all the crap out of it. Empty Trunk and Glovebox, 100 pounds is equal to 10 horsepower or a tenth of a second in the quarter mile.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

  12. #11
    Registered User wrxisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Angels Camp, CA
    Posts
    0
    my stage 2 rex beat an 03 6sd 350Z.. they arent that fast.. also raced a G35.. also not that fast.. from a roll, they both beat me, but from a dig they had almost no chance
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

  13. #12
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    my stage 2 rex beat an 03 6sd 350Z.. they arent that fast.. also raced a G35.. also not that fast.. from a roll, they both beat me, but from a dig they had almost no chance
    Well you are at stage 2. The OP was asking stock for stock.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  14. #13
    Registered User wrxisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Angels Camp, CA
    Posts
    0
    i know.. i was backing up the statements on a stage 2 vs a 350Z


    but stock for stock... damn.. u better hope he breaks somethin..
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

  15. #14
    Registered User Micah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ocean Grove, NJ
    Posts
    4,142
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    i know.. i was backing up the statements on a stage 2 vs a 350Z


    but stock for stock... damn.. u better hope he breaks somethin..
    They're built tough as hell. Very solid cars. Drivetrain can take quite a bit from the stock power output. They don't last under much boost for long, and as a result, most kits run low boost. I just don't think they are worth modding because it requires a built block to do it right. My WRX has roughly $27k invested in mods at this point, but a large chunk of that is labor and shipping. Also, I've never had to build the engine. The biggest expense so far has been the transmission. If I could start over, I might have just put the money into the 350Z. The APS Extreme Kit would be mine.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

  16. #15
    Registered User rr1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    They're built tough as hell. Very solid cars. Drivetrain can take quite a bit from the stock power output. They don't last under much boost for long, and as a result, most kits run low boost. I just don't think they are worth modding because it requires a built block to do it right. My WRX has roughly $27k invested in mods at this point, but a large chunk of that is labor and shipping. Also, I've never had to build the engine. The biggest expense so far has been the transmission. If I could start over, I might have just put the money into the 350Z. The APS Extreme Kit would be mine.
    aps tt = pure sex
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •