Stock 04 wrx vs stock 07 350z
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock 04 wrx vs stock 07 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok well i got a 5 speed 04 wrx .. i just have exhaust. an AUTOMATIC 350z wants to race ...

Stock 04 wrx vs stock 07 350z

Ok well i got a 5 speed 04 wrx .. i just have exhaust. an AUTOMATIC 350z wants to race , im just curious as to how fast the automatic ones are. who you think would win all in all?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you really not know the answer to this?

IMO, I would have to say that the 350z would take you without breaking a sweat.
    I feel the need....the neeeeeed for speed!

only one way to find out: go race. in a sanctioned environment, of course.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedReX
    IMO, I would have to say that the 350z would take you without breaking a sweat.
    300+hp vs 227hp?

I'd say that's a safe bet
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I have 06 350Z and had an 05 WRX. The Z will win most likely. The Auto isn't that much slower than the manual and it will reduce the chance of driver error.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I have 06 350Z and had an 05 WRX. The Z will win most likely.
    +1

I have a 05 350Z and a 2002 WRX.

stock wrx - lose
    stage 1 wrx - lose
    stage 2 wrx - drivers race (WRX from a dig, 350Z from a roll)
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

alright cool thanks . he may beat me but atleast i can say that my mommy didnt buy my car!

just out-mod him and win. but bringing his mom into the mix could work, too.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

Well you could also create a snowy drag strip somewhere, or have some sort of cargo/passenger capacity contest.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. View Post
    alright cool thanks . he may beat me but atleast i can say that my mommy didnt buy my car!
    to which he could counter:

mine love me
    mine aren't poor
    Uck-Fay, Ou-Yay

Avoid that - save some dough, and pick up an uppipe, downpipe, and Engine Management - at Stage 2, you'll have a solid chance.

If you simply can't wait - WEIGHT REDUCTION. No people in the car with you, get all the crap out of it. Empty Trunk and Glovebox, 100 pounds is equal to 10 horsepower or a tenth of a second in the quarter mile.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

my stage 2 rex beat an 03 6sd 350Z.. they arent that fast.. also raced a G35.. also not that fast.. from a roll, they both beat me, but from a dig they had almost no chance
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    my stage 2 rex beat an 03 6sd 350Z.. they arent that fast.. also raced a G35.. also not that fast.. from a roll, they both beat me, but from a dig they had almost no chance
    Well you are at stage 2. The OP was asking stock for stock.
    FORZA FERRARI

i know.. i was backing up the statements on a stage 2 vs a 350Z

but stock for stock... damn.. u better hope he breaks somethin..
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    i know.. i was backing up the statements on a stage 2 vs a 350Z

but stock for stock... damn.. u better hope he breaks somethin..
    They're built tough as hell. Very solid cars. Drivetrain can take quite a bit from the stock power output. They don't last under much boost for long, and as a result, most kits run low boost. I just don't think they are worth modding because it requires a built block to do it right. My WRX has roughly $27k invested in mods at this point, but a large chunk of that is labor and shipping. Also, I've never had to build the engine. The biggest expense so far has been the transmission. If I could start over, I might have just put the money into the 350Z. The APS Extreme Kit would be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    They're built tough as hell. Very solid cars. Drivetrain can take quite a bit from the stock power output. They don't last under much boost for long, and as a result, most kits run low boost. I just don't think they are worth modding because it requires a built block to do it right. My WRX has roughly $27k invested in mods at this point, but a large chunk of that is labor and shipping. Also, I've never had to build the engine. The biggest expense so far has been the transmission. If I could start over, I might have just put the money into the 350Z. The APS Extreme Kit would be mine.
    aps tt = pure sex
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.