stg4 wagon vs 300zxTT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on stg4 wagon vs 300zxTT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First time in a very long time posting a kill, just havn't been going around racing anymore. A couple weeks ...

stg4 wagon vs 300zxTT

First time in a very long time posting a kill, just havn't been going around racing anymore. A couple weeks ago on the way to work at like 9pm, going like 70mph on the highway and a white 300zx with exhaust passes me, sounded nice, and he slowed down to get next to me.

We slowed down to 40, I was in 2nd gear right in my powerband, and we take off at 3 honks and I start pulling hard. We went to about 130 and I was about 2 buslengths in front of him. We went a few more times with the same results.

God that felt good. I havnt done that in a while.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill ! i am interested in his mods, cuz those cars dont come around often, and i wanna know if i can beat it (i am stock lol)
    2econd2none Performance

From a roll - I'm gonna say - No, you can't beat it. I think their top-end is better than ours.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

are you sure it was a tt ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    are you sure it was a tt ?
    +1

The TT's are no joke. They can be made really damn fast. I'm not sure how much power they can get on the stock turbos, but I've seen a few mildly modded ones run some sick times. They are really heavy though.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Good kill Chris!

I am not that surprised by the results here. The 300ZX is nearly 20 years old now and it is not uncommon to find many of them only running mods like exhaust, downpipes and boost controller... Which indeed make it a quick car, but Chris' WRX is pushing over 300whp on a super 16G which has decent topend and will trap at 110mph or so.

As for the dude with the stock 08' that wants to race 300ZX-TT's... Uh, prepare to get your ass kicked.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by BSRT2004 View Post
    +1

The TT's are no joke. They can be made really damn fast. I'm not sure how much power they can get on the stock turbos,
    The shop that originally did all my exhaust work specialized in 300ZX's and they had several ones there pushing nearly 500whp on the stock turbo's. The guy was explaining to me that they are capable of 25psi+ with good tuning and don't need to be switched out for a larger single turbo like the Supra' do at 400whp.

The owners 300ZX was using rebuilt and modified stock turbo's and just about every other mod imaginable and was pushing 540whp. Probably a dyno-queen though.
    Just call me Clark Kent

all this guy seemed to have was exhaust, the 2 angled cans on the back. It was a TT for sure. I pulled like i would pull on a stock sti or an sti with minimal mods.

A stock 08 would have been smoked
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    The guy was explaining to me that they are capable of 25psi+ with good tuning and don't need to be switched out for a larger single turbo like the Supra' do at 400whp.

Stock turbos aren't good for nearly that much hp. Turbos using the stock housing are. Just like the 3000GT/Stealth, most of the basic aftermarket options use the stock housings. There are 3S cars in the low 11s with turbos that could be mistaken for stock on the outside. Z's usually max out the stock twins at no more than 110 mph traps.

The Supra's stock turbos are far more capable than any other car has been. It's just when they blow (usually caused by a failure in the sequential setup) it's much easier and cheaper to replace them with one big one.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Stock turbos aren't good for nearly that much hp. Turbos using the stock housing are. Just like the 3000GT/Stealth, most of the basic aftermarket options use the stock housings. There are 3S cars in the low 11s with turbos that could be mistaken for stock on the outside. Z's usually max out the stock twins at no more than 110 mph traps.

The Supra's stock turbos are far more capable than any other car has been. It's just when they blow (usually caused by a failure in the sequential setup) it's much easier and cheaper to replace them with one big one.
    I see... I was mistaken then.

Perhaps he was just refering to the capabilities of the stock housings and rebuilding the OEM turbo's or something.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    The shop that originally did all my exhaust work specialized in 300ZX's and they had several ones there pushing nearly 500whp on the stock turbo's. The guy was explaining to me that they are capable of 25psi+ with good tuning and don't need to be switched out for a larger single turbo like the Supra' do at 400whp.

The owners 300ZX was using rebuilt and modified stock turbo's and just about every other mod imaginable and was pushing 540whp. Probably a dyno-queen though.
    Is the place your speaking of Z1 motorsports? as for the kill, nice one. I used to own a NA 90 300ZX, my first car. Good car. I still think that for a performance machine, Nissan hasn't topped it (in the states.) That will all change with the GT-R of course tho. I say that because you can get one to 500 horsepower for under 6 grand, thats garentueed... at Z1...

And finally, if you think his exaust sounded good, go find yourself a 300ZX with a stillen exaust. I've had some of the biggest "car people" i know say its the best sounding exaust they ever heard.

You want a mean 300ZX tho... http://www.z1motorsports.com/imageGa...FvsRF_PWTQ_IMG
    Of course, that thing has prolly 20k+ of mods. The wheels alone run like... 4k a set.

One of these days i'll want another 300...
    Last edited by Neff; 11-30-2007 at 11:44 PM.
    Blobeye Syndicate #98

Stock turbos on the Z32TT max out at usually around a tad over 400RWHP. That is running all the bolt ons, including but not limited to larger injectors, better side mount intercoolers, and of course, all the breathing mods, etc (@18-19PSI). The stock turbos are "efficient" to roughly 18-19PSI. They will hold 14-15PSI to redline, so they are better than the 3000GT/Stealth stockers. 400RWHP on a 5 speed Z32TT, should trap in the low/mid teens (113-115 or so).
    Last edited by 95RT/TT; 12-01-2007 at 04:20 AM.
    pearl yellow 95 RT/TT w/29K miles
    EVOIII 16G's, FMIC, and support
    awaiting tuning and dyno numbers (500AWHP on 93 octane @ 18-20PSI goal)

charcoal 91 300ZXTT 5 speed w/48K miles
    335RWHP / 377RWTQ @ 16PSI in 104 degree weather

2002 Kawasaki ZX9R stock (ready to install jet kit, and full exhaust system)

one of my best friends has a 300zx that runs an 11.3 @ 123.4

its ridiculous
    "Whatever it takes"

Great run! Your wrx I have owned a 93 zx and 2 wrx with my last one at 310 awp. I luv the wrx which handles better, ( gawd the z in the rain, forget it no rear grip) its lighter, all around pound for pound better car, easier to work on thats for sure. Try changing an O2 sensor on the passanger side of the ZX. Fook that! But the truth is a nicely modded ZX with stage 2 and all the bolt ons to go with it will from a roll pull wrx's, str4's, cobalt SS, etc.. The Z makes nice power with bolt ons, give it some JWT lovin and it moves out! My friend has a stage 3 DCR running 24 lbs of boost on his srt4 and he is right there with a well built 300, ( and there are some differences in the years also, the 96 model TT lost 15-20 HP due to the emmisions change) . The best year to find is a 94-95. we dont have any vid of his DCR vs a Z but here is a link to one i seen b4 on youtube.. well you also know how youtube is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Bt5NRFoT4
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by 95RT/TT View Post
    Stock turbos on the Z32TT max out at usually around a tad over 400RWHP. That is running all the bolt ons, including but not limited to larger injectors, better side mount intercoolers, and of course, all the breathing mods, etc (@18-19PSI). The stock turbos are "efficient" to roughly 18-19PSI. They will hold 14-15PSI to redline, so they are better than the 3000GT/Stealth stockers. 400RWHP on a 5 speed Z32TT, should trap in the low/mid teens (113-115 or so).
    The Z club that usually participates in the local 3S events didn't have cars going that quick on the stock twins so I figured 110 was about all there was. Either way, you couldn't pay me enough to work under that hood. If it ain't up top, you can forget reaching it!

My Stealth's stock twins held right at 15 (maybe a hair less) to redline with a downpipe and stock catback. At the time I did it, I was told there was no way the stockers could go that fast. If I hadn't lost $2k in the "adapter plate & 16g" fiasco, the car would have been really fun.

Click here to see our small group headed back from the track. You can tell it's been a while - check out those gas prices! There's my friend's Z (I think it was a 92 - it got totaled while sitting at a redlight), my Stealth, a BPU Supra, and my brother's single Supra w/ 505whp @ 19 psi on pump.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.