stg4 wagon vs 300zxTT - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stg4 wagon vs 300zxTT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by John M Click here to see our small group headed back from the track. You can tell ...

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Click here to see our small group headed back from the track. You can tell it's been a while - check out those gas prices! There's my friend's Z (I think it was a 92 - it got totaled while sitting at a redlight), my Stealth, a BPU Supra, and my brother's single Supra w/ 505whp @ 19 psi on pump.
    WOW when was that? 1.27 a gallon???? well for us 1.47 but still!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #98

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heh heh - probably sometime in the spring of 2003. How I wish gas was that cheap again! When I'm not driving the Legacy I have a 2003 Ram w/ the Hemi and it gets under 10 mpg in town the way I drive.

What's funny is everyone that was too cheap to pay for premium then would think nothing of those prices now.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

haha cool... yeah but the tt 300zx are no joke i remember seeing top gear i think and they were showing that some of the older z's were beating ... the 350z... haha like the 260z and the 300zx tt
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

Either way, you couldn't pay me enough to work under that hood. If it ain't up top, you can forget reaching it!
    Both the 3000GT/Stealth and the 300ZX are a ***** to work on. But I agree, the Z is worse.
    pearl yellow 95 RT/TT w/29K miles
    EVOIII 16G's, FMIC, and support
    awaiting tuning and dyno numbers (500AWHP on 93 octane @ 18-20PSI goal)

charcoal 91 300ZXTT 5 speed w/48K miles
    335RWHP / 377RWTQ @ 16PSI in 104 degree weather

2002 Kawasaki ZX9R stock (ready to install jet kit, and full exhaust system)

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Stock
    It's just when they blow (usually caused by a failure in the sequential setup) it's much easier and cheaper to replace them with one big one.
    The first mod they do is remove the sequential spool.. and the 300 can boost almost as far as the supra turbos, it just does it much more reliably. Ill take that over a few HP up top..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

My brother's was an auto and it would have been almost unbearable in true twin mode with the stock trans setup. When he went single, he also put in an SP transmission and Precision torque converter which would have made "true twin" much more livable. That's the same reason he went with the SP57 turbo - small but very good response and drivability. 120 mph traps on pump still isn't anything to sneeze at; it's just not the best for dyno bragging rights.

Now that the Supra is sold I still tell him to grab a LGT and see what he can do with it.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.