Celica GTS vs. Me - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Celica GTS vs. Me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sik_WRX i guess it would compare to the NEW (06-07) civic SIs and the Acura RSX typeS. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    i guess it would compare to the NEW (06-07) civic SIs and the Acura RSX typeS.

i raced a b18 swapped hatchy when i had my tC and still got him by half a car.
    My mother has a TC my silly brother is always trying to race the thing(I know what u are thinking but he is young). They are not in the type-s or new SI class stock or Mod for mod. Good clean daily driver but no go compared to the SI or Type S performance.
    TDC stg. 04 WrX Wagone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No surprise that you would beat the GTS, but it probably shouldn't have been such a huge margin - maybe he had a bad run? My roomate has a 2000 celica GTS with just a cold air intake and I've ran against him plenty of times (my '07 wrx w/ AP stage 1). If he gets a good launch, it'll put up a pretty good fight, especially once you get to higher speeds. The high-revving GTS motor really starts to pull once you hit 6 grand...it's surprised me a few times. I'll have just shifted to 3rd when he's topping out 2nd, and I'll see him creep up in my rear view. Of course, I'm able to hang on to the lead though...

Celicas may be "cute," but if you blow that launch, they may be the one laughing at you.
    2007 UGM WRX TR
    COBB Stage 2 - Helix catted dp + stock catback
    I'm gona need brake pads soon..

was he stock??

seriously clubwrx is becoming really really annoying. Most of you people really have no clue what a celica gts is capable of with mods. First of all they will outhandle your car stock, its like a freakn go cart.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b0O0o9tw08Q

i'd really love to see your stage 2 wrx handle this gts. All its got is bolt on's and a tune just like your stage 2's. This is same car i think it is, it also has aftermarket clutch and flywheel.

oh and the retard who posted this video on you tube, its not his car. Guy who owns or owned this car was a guy named Mike from fontana area i believe. Idk who the pretended is posting it on you tube saying its his car.
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 11-28-2007 at 10:01 AM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    seriously clubwrx is becoming really really annoying. Most of you people really have no clue what a celica gts is capable of with mods. First of all they will outhandle your car stock, its like a freakn go cart.
    Oh come one, Al. You know that WRX fanboi's are nothing new, here.

They come in waves; a kid in another thread was talking about how his WRX is superior to the competition because it's a "rally car". It falls to us to politely introduce them to Mr. Reality.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

lol, that thread was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Oh come one, Al. You know that WRX fanboi's are nothing new, here.

They come in waves; a kid in another thread was talking about how his WRX is superior to the competition because it's a "rally car". It falls to us to politely introduce them to Mr. Reality.
    Oh I missed that one!
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

He had an intake and a cat back. We raced a few times and he said that was a decent run.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    He had an intake and a cat back. We raced a few times and he said that was a decent run.
    btw my comments werent towards you. And yeah with those mods off a stop you shouldn't be having ne problems with them.

^def. didn't know if you were insulting me or not. I have seen a GTS beat a viper, don't know what he had done but he was running mid-low 12's.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

they turbo those things and go with lower compression, make a bunch of power on a car weighing around 2500lb's put on slicks (or drag radials) and bye bye. Those are rare cases, most go with bolt on's, and after a certain year you can't even use POWERFC anymore because it became drive by wire and it was no longer compatible. My brother was looking into one b4 he got his wrx and found out he had to get used to be able to do what he wanted to do what he wanted to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    was he stock??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b0O0o9tw08Q

i'd really love to see your stage 2 wrx handle this gts. All its got is bolt on's and a tune just like your stage 2's. This is same car i think it is, it also has aftermarket clutch and flywheel.

oh and the retard who posted this video on you tube, its not his car. Guy who owns or owned this car was a guy named Mike from fontana area i believe. Idk who the pretended is posting it on you tube saying its his car.

This is why I love you.

As I was saying earlier, my friends 2000 GT-S with intake, exhaust, race header, ecu w/ tune, and cam pulled on my stage2 wrx 60-110.
    That thing MOVED!

The original poster is making 240whp and the GT-S in question only had intake/exhuast so I am not surprised at the outsome.... But nor am I surprised at the overall automotive ignorance of the general clubwrx populous either
    People are just so ill-inclined to give credit where it is due if it in any way does not benefit their current situation.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    i guess it would compare to the NEW (06-07) civic SIs and the Acura RSX typeS.
    PLEASE don't make me start busting out stats here to show you how the TC (stock or mod for mod) is not match performance wise for the new civic si or the rsx-s.

Show me tc's running mid-high 60's in the slalom stock, show me tc's running low 14's - high 13's on nothing but bolt on's and a tune.

You can make a general comparison based on relative price, size, and market, but when it comes to performance, the TC just doesn't keep up.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    PLEASE don't make me start busting out stats here to show you how the TC (stock or mod for mod) is not match performance wise for the new civic si or the rsx-s.

Show me tc's running mid-high 60's in the slalom stock, show me tc's running low 14's - high 13's on nothing but bolt on's and a tune.

You can make a general comparison based on relative price, size, and market, but when it comes to performance, the TC just doesn't keep up.
    +1 The TC is an awsome car. Tons of options, an interior that will blow a WRX out of the water (cept for mabye 08, havn't gotten a good look at theirs in person) and a solid fun car. But it is FAR from fast. One has to rembemer, its a camery engine... or corolla, i forgot which. So yea, good, cheap, reliable car. Fast.... hahahahaha...
    Blobeye Syndicate #98

tC drivers are extremely annoying for me these days. There are 3 Hispanic "gangsters" at my school who - believe it or not - have the same exact tC. That dark gray metallic color with the OEM wing. But for some reason they all have the same crappy sounding fartcan AND stock wheels identically, horribly painted black I actually can't even tell between them; you'd have to memorize their license plates.

Their wheels were done horribly.. you can actually see drip spots where the paint was unevenly thick and started to droop down

Anyway, they're ridiculous. Every time one is in his car and I drive by, he either 1) revs it and holds it so it bounces off the rev limiter and drones its terrible fartcan noise or 2) burns out and shoots off. One has cut me off so dangerously before that I almost full-on rear-ended him.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    tC drivers are extremely annoying for me these days. There are 3 Hispanic "gangsters" at my school who - believe it or not - have the same exact tC. That dark gray metallic color with the OEM wing. But for some reason they all have the same crappy sounding fartcan AND stock wheels identically, horribly painted black I actually can't even tell between them; you'd have to memorize their license plates.

Their wheels were done horribly.. you can actually see drip spots where the paint was unevenly thick and started to droop down

Anyway, they're ridiculous. Every time one is in his car and I drive by, he either 1) revs it and holds it so it bounces off the rev limiter and drones its terrible fartcan noise or 2) burns out and shoots off. One has cut me off so dangerously before that I almost full-on rear-ended him.

I'm sorry dude, it must be my luck then, all the tC drivers I know are reasonable people. One is a big racer, tho thats not his race car, its a classic nova pushing 700+ horsepower before the street legal clutch was in stalled, the other is a good friend who is very level headed and knows what the car is capable of and doesn't act like its better than it is.
    Blobeye Syndicate #98

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.