Safest Cars Of 2008
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

This is a discussion on Safest Cars Of 2008 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was just watching CNN and and they talked about the safest cars of 2008. I looked a little further ...

  1. #1
    OGB
    OGB is offline
    Registered User OGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    211

    Safest Cars Of 2008

    I was just watching CNN and and they talked about the safest cars of 2008. I looked a little further into this on CNN.com and found this... Safest Cars Of 2008

    Subaru FTW!
    Mods
    "If you're not breakin' ****, you're not goin' fast enough."
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Bordua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    66
    fun and safe couldn't ask for more
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    Registered User Sik_WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    191
    good, i can go fast and worrie about not dying.
    2econd2none Performance
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #4
    OGB
    OGB is offline
    Registered User OGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    good, i can go fast and worrie about not dying.
    +1
    Mods
    "If you're not breakin' ****, you're not goin' fast enough."
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #5
    Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Vermont
    Posts
    843
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have the 07 WRX wagon.. window sticker said I had side-air bags, yet I don't see the SRS logo anywhere. My seats are leather - is that why?

    I am wondering what is different safety-wise between 08 and 07.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #6
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    17,240
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wrxs can take a lickin' .
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #7
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Subaru's have always been awesome with their safety ratings. One of the reasons I felt so good about buying the car after coming from an Integra GSR that felt cramped and unsafe.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #8
    Registered User 06WRXturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    353
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPw2JfX0jls



    subaru should buy this guy a new car, it would be good advertisement. poor bugeye, looks like one rim survived/
    Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 11-15-2007 at 09:21 PM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Great Salt City of Utah
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPw2JfX0jls



    subaru should buy this guy a new car, it would be good advertisement. poor bugeye, looks like one rim survived/
    That's nuts
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #10
    DUB
    DUB is offline
    Registered User DUB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SLT, CA
    Posts
    3,176
    Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    That'll buff right out.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #11
    Registered User koogxone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Best Coast
    Posts
    0
    OGB, it's a good thing subarus are so safe.. with you street racing 20000 cars every weekend.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #12
    Registered User koogxone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Best Coast
    Posts
    0
    sigh.. i was in your 08 wrx vs audi tt thread and saw your youtube video.. couldn't help but notice that you had a million other street racing vids. not to mention like 4 threads in WRX vs. World.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #13
    OGB
    OGB is offline
    Registered User OGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    OGB, it's a good thing subarus are so safe.. with you street racing 20000 cars every weekend.
    that's what happens in this small town i am in. i have been here for just over 2 years and haven't seen or heard of any accidents due to street racing. i really dont race alot, once maybe twice a weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    sigh.. i was in your 08 wrx vs audi tt thread and saw your youtube video.. couldn't help but notice that you had a million other street racing vids. not to mention like 4 threads in WRX vs. World.
    Those vids on my youtube account are just a very small dose of what happens on weekends here.
    Mods
    "If you're not breakin' ****, you're not goin' fast enough."
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #14
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,045
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    that's what happens in this small town i am in. i have been here for just over 2 years and haven't seen or heard of any accidents due to street racing.
    Pretty weak justification. You do know that there are lots of things that happen on a daily basis that you don't "see or hear", right?

    Honestly, think about it. If, in your quest for local supremacy, you smack into a car with a family in it, you're going to face criminal charges and a probable civil law suit. On top of that, if you kill or seriously injure someone, you're going to have to live with that for the rest of your life.

    I'm a family guy. The racer that hits my car and kills one of my kids will have me in their face for the rest of their natural existence, however short that may be.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #15
    Registered User koogxone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Best Coast
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Pretty weak justification. You do know that there are lots of things that happen on a daily basis that you don't "see or hear", right?

    Honestly, think about it. If, in your quest for local supremacy, you smack into a car with a family in it, you're going to face criminal charges and a probable civil law suit. On top of that, if you kill or seriously injure someone, you're going to have to live with that for the rest of your life.

    I'm a family guy. The racer that hits my car and kills one of my kids will have me in their face for the rest of their natural existence, however short that may be.
    +1.

    Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Those vids on my youtube account are just a very small dose of what happens on weekends here.
    tsk tsk..
    This is why the Impreza is third most expensive car to insure.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •