Safest Cars Of 2008 - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Safest Cars Of 2008 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Pretty weak justification. You do know that there are lots of things that happen on a ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Pretty weak justification. You do know that there are lots of things that happen on a daily basis that you don't "see or hear", right?

Honestly, think about it. If, in your quest for local supremacy, you smack into a car with a family in it, you're going to face criminal charges and a probable civil law suit. On top of that, if you kill or seriously injure someone, you're going to have to live with that for the rest of your life.

I'm a family guy. The racer that hits my car and kills one of my kids will have me in their face for the rest of their natural existence, however short that may be.
    There are two different kids in custody in my county for manslaughter. Both were "street racing" and were in accidents where someone was killed. One of these guys is looking at up to 15 years. Keep that in the back of your mind next time you see another modded car rolling down city streets next to you.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OGB
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Pretty weak justification. You do know that there are lots of things that happen on a daily basis that you don't "see or hear", right?

I'm a family guy. The racer that hits my car and kills one of my kids will have me in their face for the rest of their natural existence, however short that may be.
    it's a very small town that i live in. if something happens, everyone knows about it. i am absolutely positive that non of my friends have gotten into an accident while racing.

as for families packed into mini vans... why would they be out well after midnight on some lonely road?

Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    This is why the Impreza is third most expensive car to insure.
    you think watching big v8's and and boosted cars duke it out on the streets can increase your insurance? racing whatever random modded car that is driving next to you is just silly.

i simply posted about how safe the 2008 WRX is and you people turned the thread into what it is now. If you want to discus street racing, pm me.
    Mods
    "If you're not breakin' ****, you're not goin' fast enough."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    it's a very small town that i live in. if something happens, everyone knows about it. i am absolutely positive that non of my friends have gotten into an accident while racing.

as for families packed into mini vans... why would they be out well after midnight on some lonely road?
    Streetracing is against the law, and the penalties are harsh. Why do you think that is? I'll give you a hint; it's not because it's "da man, keepin' you down", as most youngster's here like to view it. It's because it's inherently very dangerous.

Obviously it's going to take a tragedy for you to figure out that 90+mph on a dark road with two guys taking up both lanes isn't a good idea. Like most here who engage in the activity, you'll spend all sorts of energy on rationalizations like the one you used above.

<sigh> Whatever. I wish you well.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    good thing the 08 is so safe... but will the car you run into be as safe?

will a child lose a parent so you can streetrace?

I Support ClubWRX
    This has gone WAY off topic.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.