03 Stg 2 Wagon vs. Audi S4 wagon - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 03 Stg 2 Wagon vs. Audi S4 wagon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; They really aren't that impressive. The V8 S4 (B6/B7, 2004+) is 340 hp, but weighs something crazy like 3,800 lbs. ...

They really aren't that impressive. The V8 S4 (B6/B7, 2004+) is 340 hp, but weighs something crazy like 3,800 lbs. Audis generally weight a LOT, my A4 weighs about 3,600, and that's without the stereo and me! They still move quite nimbly for fat cars though.

Now the 2000-2002 S4 (B5) has the 250hp 2.7L bi-turbo V6 and will get 320hp with just a chip. Throw in the next size up turbo (K04, same as the Euro RS4 cars of the time) and you're looking at the 450 hp range on pump gas. Those are the ones to look out for. Or the newer RS4's too. They are also a V8 but with 420hp. Audi V8's sound incredible. Lots of vids on Youtube, no i don't feel like posting any right now. Gimme a break, it's 5am and i'm sippin coffee! :P
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT!
    2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    Very problematic POS. She's for sale!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a V8 S4 and although it was very quick on highway speeds, 0-60 times were not much better than 5.4 secs. I always felt that it was the underpowered car of its segment.
    2008 BMW M5 (E60) V10
    2005 S4 4.2 L V8 Black (traded)
    2002 WRX- (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by KwanDDS View Post
    I had a V8 S4 and although it was very quick on highway speeds, 0-60 times were not much better than 5.4 secs. I always felt that it was the underpowered car of its segment.

Yup when compared to the other german performance division cars (AMG & M) the Audi S series cars do not stack up in the power and performance category.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingjibus View Post
    I figured it out. He held up 4 then he held up 8. He was trying to intimidate me with his extra cylinders.....
    He was probably conveying to you it was a V8 not the bi-turbo V6. I'm guessing he figured you wouldn't know since you were in a Subaru. I would only know b/c I am into VW/Audi's and owned a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Booya View Post
    They really aren't that impressive. The V8 S4 (B6/B7, 2004+) is 340 hp, but weighs something crazy like 3,800 lbs. Audis generally weight a LOT, my A4 weighs about 3,600, and that's without the stereo and me! They still move quite nimbly for fat cars though.

Now the 2000-2002 S4 (B5) has the 250hp 2.7L bi-turbo V6 and will get 320hp with just a chip. Throw in the next size up turbo (K04, same as the Euro RS4 cars of the time) and you're looking at the 450 hp range on pump gas. Those are the ones to look out for. Or the newer RS4's too. They are also a V8 but with 420hp. Audi V8's sound incredible. Lots of vids on Youtube, no i don't feel like posting any right now. Gimme a break, it's 5am and i'm sippin coffee! :P
    Yeah, the V8 S4 is a pig. Not much room for modding either. Even FI is pain because that V8 seems to take up every nook and cranny in that engine bay. A nicely done V6TT is the way to go, although I wouldn't use it as a daily driver.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

The new M3 and the C63 AMG are small sports sedans/coupes to watch out for.
    I wouldnt mind taking them on, although car and driver got a ridiculous time of 3.9 sec for the C63 AMG on 0-60
    2008 BMW M5 (E60) V10
    2005 S4 4.2 L V8 Black (traded)
    2002 WRX- (traded)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.