07 WRX vs. 04 GTO w/LS2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 07 WRX vs. 04 GTO w/LS2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i finally gave in and raced my friend's GTO saturday night. we went to road near where i live ...

07 WRX vs. 04 GTO w/LS2

so i finally gave in and raced my friend's GTO saturday night. we went to road near where i live that we've marked two points on that are almost exactly a quarter mile apart. we raced from a 20 roll the first time and he had me by 1 length. the second race was from a dig and he only beat me by a fender. even though i lost i still had alot of fun. i thought i did pretty good considering he had a 100-120hp advantage. we also both about crapped when we though we saw a cop camping in a driveway on the way back
    07 OBP WRX

"Hang on, let me turn on the cams..."

AIM: Genesisdude

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i think one of two things, the GTO needs a driver mod, or
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

this is the 5.7L he is talking about, i have driven an automatic once before and it was kinda sluggish. but then again it was automatic. i can see this happening if he raced the 5.7L automatic...
    2econd2none Performance

naw, it's a manny cause i've driven it. and it might be a 5.7, he just told me it had an LS2 engine in it, i dont know anything about the LS engines so i wouldnt be able to tell either way. and its not BS, i promise.
    07 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    naw, it's a manny cause i've driven it. and it might be a 5.7, he just told me it had an LS2 engine in it, i dont know anything about the LS engines so i wouldnt be able to tell either way. and its not BS, i promise.
    it has to be 5.7L they didnt make the 6.0L until 2006
    2econd2none Performance

well i guess that definitely narrows it down then.
    07 OBP WRX

The LS2 is the 6.0L, the LS1 is the 5.7L. 04 GTOs came with the LS1 5.7L. So did your friend do an engine swap or is he just spewing out bs? If it was the LS1 and not the LS2 then a 2.5 WRX flashed to stage 1 could probably keep up with it. A stage 2 2.5 would probably beat the LS1 Goat. And the LS2 was released with the 05 GTOs and continued to the 06s.
    Last edited by ismegamanthere; 11-12-2007 at 03:48 PM.

he must be confused about it, cause he's not the type to spew BS. ill be sure to correct his thinking next time i see him.

i guessed that with about another 20-30hp i would have outrun him, so as soon as i go stage 2 ill be sure to demand a rematch.
    Last edited by Metallus; 11-12-2007 at 03:48 PM. Reason: details...
    07 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post

i guessed that with about another 20-30hp i would have outrun him, so as soon as i go stage 2 ill be sure to demand a rematch.
    Just make sure he doesn't mod as well.

Those cars respond ridiculously well to basic mods.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

not bad grass hopper
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

an LS2 swap wouldn't be very cost effective for 50hp gain. He could a lot more with an exhaust and tuning on the LS1.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    an LS2 swap wouldn't be very cost effective for 50hp gain. He could a lot more with an exhaust and tuning on the LS1.
    I agree.

The LS1's still make some pretty impressive numbers with basic mods and tuning.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    This is true, tune, exaust, and headers, CAI, and your past a stock ls2.....BTW I see you have a Goat......You have the 455 package from SLP?
    GTO M6 black on black,Harrop Rear Diff. cover,BMR SFC's, BMR Half-shafts, BMR Axle-stubs, BMR 3.5" Aluminum Drive-Shaft, B&M sport shifter, Magnacharger (high helix upgrade),90mm FAST TB, SLP ceramic LT headers, SLP Loudmouth 2 exaust, Methanol kit spraying @ 3psi and up..

I raced a black 05 GTO from a 40mph roll a few weeks back. That poor guy lost by bus lengths He actually wanted to go again but racing on public roads FTL!
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    it has to be 5.7L they didnt make the 6.0L until 2006
    Slight correction: both the 05 and 06 had the 6.0 LS2. 04 was the only year to use an LS1.

If your friend's goat was an 04 (no hood scoops, single outlet exhaust), then he has the 5.7 LS1 unless he did a full engine swap, which would be absolutely stupid. Are you sure of the year of his car?
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.