VW R32 vs. WRX/STi - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

This is a discussion on VW R32 vs. WRX/STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex The wrx does not even compare to the R32. It would take stage2 + full ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    The wrx does not even compare to the R32. It would take stage2 + full suspension + brake upgrades for a wrx to hang (performance wise) with an R32.

As for the STi, the R32's braking and handling are on par, but the power just isn't there.
    Of course, what it lacks in power it makes up for with refinements and creature comforts.

As a daily driver, I was quite impressed with the R32 I rode in that had aftermarket Navi, exhaust, intake, and ecu. The exhaust note is of something you might associate with a $200,000 exotic.
    I have to completely disagree
    My buddy has the r32
    And it does not match up against the wrx in my opinion
    It may have more power
    But
    The r32 is heavier (trust me, look at the specs)
    And personally, I think the r32 does not sound that good.
    A wrx would have no problem at all walking over an r32
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    R32 is not worth its price...AT ALL, even the guys at the dealership admited that to me. and they said that its not much quicker at all than the mkV.
    lol its not faster at all. I did some runs with a friend that has an 08 R32 and from a dig he'll take me by eat me by about 3 cars(bc im just spinning the tires through 1st and part of second) and then ill catch up and get him pretty bad, from a roll he will have half car jump on me then ill walk him pretty damn hard. im only Stage 1(just reflash) and an inktake, I have a dp but not on yet. The R32 isnt all about straight line performance, so many people base their judgements of the R32 on that. Its the all around package, its luxury meets sporty. plus that thing can handle VERY well, contrary to what some people may say. And they are not that expensive, with the incentives that they are throwing out, the GTI comes out to be about 1k-2k cheaper, if that.

I have an 06 GTI 6 Spd
    Last edited by julito04; 04-02-2008 at 12:47 PM.

the R32 is nice.. nothing feels as solid as a german car

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789