VW R32 vs. WRX/STi - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 123

This is a discussion on VW R32 vs. WRX/STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi Obviously just slap on a 20g on the STI and it changes it once again. Haha ...

  1. #61
    Registered User VDUBHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Diamond Bar CA
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Obviously just slap on a 20g on the STI and it changes it once again.
    Haha true..

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Registered User VDUBHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Diamond Bar CA
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Oh lord. Please let's not start down this road.
    reread what i wrote. i am not saying anything about the STI's (percieved) flaws. i am merely making a case for the mk5 R32 as a daily driver.

    the mk5 R32 is entirely different as well, yet people are totally discounting it.

  4. #63
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,742
    Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    reread what i wrote. i am not saying anything about the STI's (percieved) flaws. i am merely making a case for the mk5 R32 as a daily driver.

    the mk5 R32 is entirely different as well, yet people are totally discounting it.
    This IS a WRX forum, and we all know about VW many of us have owned them...
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  5. #64
    Registered User etshulda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NH USA
    Posts
    609
    http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/

    This is worth a read. Dan Neil recently reviewed the new STI if you wanna check that out after the R32.

  6. #65
    Registered User VDUBHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Diamond Bar CA
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    This IS a WRX forum, and we all know about VW many of us have owned them...
    I understand that, People seem to allways say that.

    I obvously like the cars our I wouldent be on the fourms, just putting some 2sence in on the topic..

  7. #66
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    reread what i wrote. i am not saying anything about the STI's (percieved) flaws. i am merely making a case for the mk5 R32 as a daily driver.
    No need to reread; you completely missed my point. You brought up the concept of "slapping a supercharger on" to even the odds. The thread was started about stock R32's and STI's. You can build a Yugo that will destroy the STI, too, with enough mods.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  8. #67
    Registered User Fastscooby2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    No need to reread; you completely missed my point. You brought up the concept of "slapping a supercharger on" to even the odds. The thread was started about stock R32's and STI's. You can build a Yugo that will destroy the STI, too, with enough mods.
    Well actually it was the standard WRX and R32, the 0-60 and 0-100 are almost identical, with the WRX being a nat quicker. Although on a rolling start I can see how the R32 may win. The STI is way ahead of both cars on both counts. All being standard

  9. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    Ive got a buddy of mine who says he has his heart set on getting an 04 VW R32 after he saw one on the highway the other day. I try to "SELL" a suby to anyone who is in the market for a new car just by informing them on how much of a bad*** car they are, you know. I know little about the R32 but can they be compared to a WRX of even and STi I dont think thats realistic but maybe they have more than i think. I believe they are a 3.2 V6 AWD 6speed with about 250hp stock plus only a 2door hatch.
    What do you guys think
    It's a torquey FWD open differential car. Like all VW's its also plagued with needing repairs and is full of overly complicated German engineering. It's also heavy for a 2 door hatchback.

    WRX's are more reliable, have better traction, and better accelleration. The VW is more refined and ergonomical.

    The VW is for guys who buy their clothes at Nieman Marcus and like to be seen by girls pulling up to a Starbuck's. The WRX is for guys who actually know how to work on their car.
    Last edited by Flanker; 02-07-2008 at 03:10 PM.

  10. #69
    Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Deptford, NJ
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    They dident focus on just horse power wich i think they should of a little more with the R32, the R has incretible intearer and handling... About the WRX and STI's being a bit faster, I would just slap a suppercharger on it to change all that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    It's a torquey FWD open differential car. Like all VW's its also plagued with needing repairs and is full of overly complicated German engineering. It's also heavy for a 2 door hatchback.

    WRX's are more reliable, have better traction, and better accelleration. The VW is more refined and ergonomical.

    The VW is for guys who buy their clothes at Nieman Marcus and like to be seen by girls pulling up to a Starbuck's. The WRX is for guys who actually know how to work on their car.
    The R32 is AWD, do your homework, n00b.
    2006 Panty Dropper

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

  11. #70
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastscooby2000 View Post
    Well actually it was the standard WRX and R32,
    No, actually the OP says

    "I know little about the R32 but can they be compared to a WRX of even and STi"

    and the STi is even mentioned in his thread title.

    Not really relevant to what I was saying, anyways...meh.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  12. #71
    Registered User yo vanilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    appleton, wi
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post

    The VW is for guys who buy their clothes at Nieman Marcus and like to be seen by girls pulling up to a Starbuck's. The WRX is for guys who actually know how to work on their car.

    if that isn't the most misinformed thing i've ever heard. shoot, personally i've still got vw parts in my garage, and i've got friends with piles and piles of parts including things as large as spare engines. hit the *****tex and you'll see a million build/repair threads.

    say what you will about that certain collar-poppin part of the vw crowd, but the vast majority of the vw guys out there are NOT wallet mechanics.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

  13. #72
    Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Plains of Eastern Montana
    Posts
    12,365
    I Support ClubWRX
    Worth mentioning that a R32 busted into the top ten (another right behind in 11th) at the Solo STX finals this year. With another full year of prep I think this platform will be in contention (as the 3 series BMW already is!)

    a very capable platform any way you slice it
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

  14. #73
    Registered User ZACK777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,368
    *UPDATE*
    My buddy is still shopping around for a car, and he has now informed me that, like always, the wife has the last word and after having her drive the R32 (both an 04 and a newer 07 or 08, he cant recall which) She said that she did not like either, so they then test drove the new 08 wrx sedan and hatch. She did not like the hatch but did however favor the sedan. He said that sadly the STi nor the R32 is in his future, as long as he stays married that is Although she did like the sedan, he says it don't fit their life style and are now looking at crossovers and awaiting the arrival of the 09 forester, Thanks for all of your guys insight on this topic, and I will keep you informed on what he ultimately decides on.
    Zack
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

  15. #74
    Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Deptford, NJ
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    *UPDATE*
    My buddy is still shopping around for a car, and he has now informed me that, like always, the wife has the last word and after having her drive the R32 (both an 04 and a newer 07 or 08, he cant recall which) She said that she did not like either, so they then test drove the new 08 wrx sedan and hatch. She did not like the hatch but did however favor the sedan. He said that sadly the STi nor the R32 is in his future, as long as he stays married that is Although she did like the sedan, he says it don't fit their life style and are now looking at crossovers and awaiting the arrival of the 09 forester, Thanks for all of your guys insight on this topic, and I will keep you informed on what he ultimately decides on.
    Zack
    Crossovers? Oh noes!

    WAPCE
    2006 Panty Dropper

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

  16. #75
    Registered User ZACK777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Crossovers? Oh noes!

    WAPCE
    Hey Im trying to sell them a Subaru but she don't like what she has driven yet, They did test drive a new Tribeca but she said it felt too big, I guess the new forester is the last chance Ive got for having a friend with a suby
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •