Acura TL vs WRX video - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Acura TL vs WRX video within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by John M The WRX runs a deliberatly undersized turbo so it doesn't hurt the sales of the ...

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    The WRX runs a deliberatly undersized turbo so it doesn't hurt the sales of the STi. They claim it's for spool but I'll bet there isn't 300 rpm difference between the cars.

Compared to the STi, yeah.... My statement was more directed at a stage2 wrx spooling quicker than your typical upgraded turbo like the VF39, VF30, VF34, etc...

Of course, I wouldn't mind (much like yourself) waiting an extra 500rpm's to get power if it meant a turbo that actually produced solid topend and power that didn't taper off so drasticalliy after 5k rpms.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Of course, I wouldn't mind (much like yourself) waiting an extra 500rpm's to get power if it meant a turbo that actually produced solid topend and power that didn't taper off so drasticalliy after 5k rpms.
    Once I had changed my driving style to match my 34's power band, it was a joy to drive. You just had to remember that nothing much was going to happen below 3200rpms. I'm sure it would have been better with a Protune.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Once I had changed my driving style to match my 34's power band, it was a joy to drive. You just had to remember that nothing much was going to happen below 3200rpms. I'm sure it would have been better with a Protune.
    Yeah, no doubt a 34 is going to have more to offer, even if you have to wait a bit longer for power. My td04 is basically max'd out at this point on a stage2 + protune (albeit a conservative tune) and making just short of 240whp. I get pretty darn quick spool that I am rather happy with compared to stock.... but that not making power to redline thing just really gets me.... So annoying The AP + protune helped that out a lot though.

I would much rather prefer a VF-series turbo, but I don't think people give a properly modded stage2 rex enough credit. From what i've driven of my friends VF22 wrx (while much faster than me) I still prefer my setup for daily driving. Of course, though, the 22 is known for lag.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Yeah, no doubt a 34 is going to have more to offer, even if you have to wait a bit longer for power. My td04 is basically max'd out at this point on a stage2 + protune (albeit a conservative tune) and making just short of 240whp. I get pretty darn quick spool that I am rather happy with compared to stock.... but that not making power to redline thing just really gets me.... So annoying The AP + protune helped that out a lot though.
    So, going completely OT
    You recommend the Protune for Stage 2? I just found out about a Protuner that's 9 miles from my house. For a couple hundred, I could get it done. I'm still debating it, given my car has 75K on the clock. Did you post up a thread about the before/after of your Protune?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    So, going completely OT
    You recommend the Protune for Stage 2? I just found out about a Protuner that's 9 miles from my house. For a couple hundred, I could get it done. I'm still debating it, given my car has 75K on the clock. Did you post up a thread about the before/after of your Protune?
    Yeah, I made a thread in the tuning section about my thoughts/experiences adding the protune.

I def. recommend it, particularly if you intend on staying with the td04 for a while. It will quicken spool time, create a smoother powerband, and pull harder to redline... Not to mention is typically safer for your car than a basic OTS map.

I guess the best way to describe it (which i've used before) is that going from stock to stage1 (the differences noticed) are quite similar to what you experience when going from stage2 to a stage2+protune.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post

My buddy (and mechanic) ryan's TL has a Comptech S/C and some exhaust and suspension mods. It's pretty quick.
    Yeah, but he paid threw the nose for that blower, only to gain 30 or so horse.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.