08 WRX vs SRT-4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 WRX vs SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sik_WRX +1 i have been wanting to race one, but i hang out with a evo9 and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    +1

i have been wanting to race one, but i hang out with a evo9 and a stage2 wrx, so most the time they jus show them up lol. i am gonna try and race one tho. cuz personally i hate srt-4s. after all ITS STILL A NEON
    A neon that punts most subarus in the hoo hoo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OGB
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    haha. like this one?
    Mods
    "If you're not breakin' ****, you're not goin' fast enough."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Quote:

You asked what it would "tell him" didn't you?
    I expected more from you YB
    Hell's ya, mad burn outs and BOV flat shifts.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    With the EBC i am only running 15% duty cycle. That will make me spike no high than 15.5 psi, depends on what gear i am in and usually spikes at 14.9-15.3. There is no detonation and i would spray some water to counter that, i do have a water/meth kit after all. I changed at what pst the waste gate will start opening. I changed that instead of turning up the boost a few lbs. The car definitely pulls harder and holds boost better at near stock boost levels. The Wideband reads rich, in the 10:1 to 10.5:1 AFR range. Not lean.

the car will throw codes at 16.5 lbs of boost and will cut off your fuel. I did that to see what the car would do and what my AFR would be. The car's computer obviously didn't like the increase in boost and the AFR was ok with the increase.

At this point, w/o tuning, i think the car is going to benefit from the few other bolt ons that are available. When tuning becomes available, it's going to be a beast.
    It's kewl you seem to be up on what is going on with the wideband.
    Got a few ? for you if you don't mind...always good to learn new stuff.

Isn't 15% duty cycle about idle rpm, not full throttle? Perhaps the reading is inverted?
    Do you know what the specs for the sample rate is on the wideband? I ask due to the slow response of some of these "meters" and the potential for gaps in the flow of AFR info.

How are you determining there is no detonation? The stock knock detection is pretty weak, and does not account for quick bursts of the throttle. Plus, the ecu combats knock by retarding timing, which can quickly raise your egt temps and compound the issue. Combined with the sample rate of a wideband, you could be getting det and not even know it. Does the wideband have any failsafes built into it to reduce boost if an "event" occurs?

Have you tried the water/meth injection yet and what were the results? It would seem you could up the boost using this.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    I expected more from you YB

Hell's ya, mad burn outs and BOV flat shifts.
    Don't talk about flatshifting around here, the 07 ringlands may start to cry.

a neons average motor life span is 40,000 miles. hows that for a punt in the hoo hoo
    2econd2none Performance

a neons average motor life span is 40,000 miles. hows that for a punt in the hoo hoo
    Proof, other than a 'friends' car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Proof, other than a 'friends' car?
    Yeah, sorry, but that sounds like a "fanboi fact".
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

OGB
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    It's kewl you seem to be up on what is going on with the wideband.
    Got a few ? for you if you don't mind...always good to learn new stuff.

Isn't 15% duty cycle about idle rpm, not full throttle? Perhaps the reading is inverted?
    Do you know what the specs for the sample rate is on the wideband? I ask due to the slow response of some of these "meters" and the potential for gaps in the flow of AFR info.

How are you determining there is no detonation? The stock knock detection is pretty weak, and does not account for quick bursts of the throttle. Plus, the ecu combats knock by retarding timing, which can quickly raise your egt temps and compound the issue. Combined with the sample rate of a wideband, you could be getting det and not even know it. Does the wideband have any failsafes built into it to reduce boost if an "event" occurs?

Have you tried the water/meth injection yet and what were the results? It would seem you could up the boost using this.
    Questions are always good, i am by no means an expert on this stuff and think it should be discussed. This is a new car and i think i am the only one on the forums trying to make an 08 wrx faster.

so... the duty cycle on the TruBoost is what you change to up the boost. You use the duty cycle to set an A and B boost amount. Right now A is set at 15% and B is set at 10%. I can switch between the two settings whenever i want to. When you increase the % the boost will increase. Like when you turn the knob on a MBC.

On the wideband i don't know a whole lot about sample rates and data response. But i do know that when i give the car fuel the AFR changes instantly

As far as detonation goes, i hooked up my friends hand held scanner thing and the ECU was not pulling timing. I can check again today since i am about to head over to his house after this post.

The boost controller does have fail safes but i am still only slightly above stock boost levels. So i haven't had a need to set them yet, i will do that today.
    Mods
    "If you're not breakin' ****, you're not goin' fast enough."

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yeah, sorry, but that sounds like a "fanboi fact".
    Yep, this isn't autos 101. People have good BS & FB detectors around here.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good thing an SRT4 doesn't come with one then.

Known fact: The SRT4 block, internals, and heads are waaaaay overengineered, and when it comes down to it, much stronger than the Subaru blocks. Sad, but true.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    As far as detonation goes, i hooked up my friends hand held scanner thing and the ECU was not pulling timing. I can check again today since i am about to head over to his house after this post.
    I don't think an OBD II port scanner can detect knock. It is something that needs to be logged or detected with a knock light

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    I don't think an OBD II port scanner can detect knock. It is something that needs to be logged or detected with a knock light
    We logged the overall timing with the scanner before the mods. To get an idea of the advance timing the WRX runs from the factory.
    Last edited by AndrewsBoots; 11-12-2007 at 11:59 AM.

wow 3 pages without it being locked, a new record. in stock form with a good driver the neon srt4 (have to distinquish now between the caliber)will go 13.8-14.0 at 98-101mph. so if you know your not that fast especially off a roll ur beating the driver (which is sometimes better) and not always the car. esp if the car is not 100% which now is normal having 4yr old models out there.

anything can happen on the street and what looks good on paper doesnt always come tru. scott care to relasp on the day you brought the almighty stage 2 sti over to my house. how'd that work out for ya?

there is now 3 reported 100,000 mile plus big turbo (400whp) stock engine care reported with less then 3psi compression lost. so you can throw that out the window as well.

this is what ya gotta watch out for.

RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    this is what ya gotta watch out for.
    What are we looking at

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast