08 WRX vs 90 Talon TSi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 WRX vs 90 Talon TSi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mike05STi If I understand this statement correctly, not quite. Teh 02/03 bugeye and 04/05 blobeye WRXs have ...

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    If I understand this statement correctly, not quite.
    Teh 02/03 bugeye and 04/05 blobeye WRXs have 2.0 liter engines in them.
    i think he was saying every wrx WITH the 2.5L not that every wrx HAS a 2.5L
    2econd2none Performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPanda View Post
    Awd DSM at ~260whp is around low 13's high 12's.

A 16g is not a stock turbo. It is on the Evo's. But not on DSMs. A 14b with extra fuel and good suspension plus bolt on's will get you a 12.9 pass. I'm almost there.

A fully supported 16g, on stock block maybe with cams + tuning, should get you a low 12 sec pass

So if you drive a 16g DSM that runs 14's...pretty much go shoot yourself lol. Of course if the tranny is ****ed than you won't get far with the setup.

well i guess my friends car was messed around with cuz when we took his turbo out it was a 16g...

But a 08 wrx, even lightly modded should not touch a 16g DSM.
    i know what the DSM is capable of, i mean they got some nice ones in Vegas. not too many around the Chi where i live.
    2econd2none Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    i know what the DSM is capable of, i mean they got some nice ones in Vegas. not too many around the Chi where i live.
    You're crazy...I'm from chi! go to ChiTownDsm.com its our forum. We have a lot of nice cars!

Last edited by SlowPanda; 11-07-2007 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the driver of the 08' WRX.

The Talon is faster, plain and simple. A talon with those mods is capable of much better than low 14's, especially if it is pumping out 260whp. A stock wrx is only putting down 200-205whp and both cars weigh about the same with the talon being slightly lighter.

If anything, I would say the Talon is a low13sec car and you're having trouble driving it and should have beaten him by more.
    Learn to drive that thing and you will be putting 4-5 cars on your buddies 08' wrx.
    I always find myself cringing at comments made by fanbois and a few posts before i am ready to start commenting back donnie always beats me to it and says it better then i can

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    If I understand this statement correctly, not quite.
    Teh 02/03 bugeye and 04/05 blobeye WRXs have 2.0 liter engines in them.
    He meant the arrogance and the fact that the 2.5L WRX are teh FAstarR according to their owners (fanbois AKa)
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

You're crazy...I'm from chi! go to ChiTownDsm.com its our forum. We have a lot of nice cars!

those cars arent even in good condition. one doesnt even have a full paint job.

the best DSM i have seen is my friends uncles 98 GSX, and it has around 550awhp. but thats with a built engine, and a huge turbo. i thing its either a gt30 or the gt35
    2econd2none Performance

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Everyone else pretty much covered what I was going to say initially reading this guys post.

My brother and I have been looking into 1st gen AWD DSM's for his daily driver. It could be a track car down the road, after our current project that I'm sure will last an eternity.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    those cars arent even in good condition. one doesnt even have a full paint job.

the best DSM i have seen is my friends uncles 98 GSX, and it has around 550awhp. but thats with a built engine, and a huge turbo. i thing its either a gt30 or the gt35
    A car can still be nice without a full paint job. It's all about what's inside brother.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    My brother and I have been looking into 1st gen AWD DSM's for his daily driver.

In my experience that doesn't go well.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX

How many miles on it? Motor worked on?
    I'm sure it was worked on extensively during it's lifespan.

A car can still be nice without a full paint job. It's all about what's inside brother.

matter of opinion i guess
    2econd2none Performance

matter of opinion i guess
    Dude I have a 16 year old car. Come on, the paint is factory. I'm not saying those cars are the best around, I was just pointing out that we too have nice DSMs around the Chicago area. Those two cars(own the 1g) are actually the least of what most of the ones look around here.

Banned
    My brother and I have been looking into 1st gen AWD DSM's for his daily driver.

I know, I know, its just obligatory at this point...

I Support ClubWRX
    Cranks on 1Gs were OK though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Where in Chicago do you live?

I have lived in Chicago (the city) as well as the surrounding suburbs all my life and I see tons of them... Many of which are very nice. In fact, my buddy used to own a 1G and I attended a few meets with him. There are some MEAN dsm's running the streets of Chi-town.

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    I always find myself cringing at comments made by fanbois and a few posts before i am ready to start commenting back donnie always beats me to it and says it better then i can

He meant the arrogance and the fact that the 2.5L WRX are teh FAstarR according to their owners (fanbois AKa)
    Thanks, I do what I can

And +1 on the second part of your post.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post

I know, I know, its just obligatory at this point...
    I am by no means saying a 1G dsm is reliable, but they do not have crank issues. That is the 2G's.
    Many 2G owners swap the 5bolt motor from the 1G and it works out quite well.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.