stg 2 06 wrx vs gt500
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on stg 2 06 wrx vs gt500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; on the streets of africa somewhere in the jungle. i hav a friend whos dad has a shelby gt500 and ...

stg 2 06 wrx vs gt500

on the streets of africa somewhere in the jungle. i hav a friend whos dad has a shelby gt500 and i pretty much wanted to see what they hype about this car was.

So we lined up the light turns green and......

i jumped about 3 car lengths from a dig, held about 2 car lengths after 2nd, and by the end of 3rd he pulled about 4 car lengths on me then i just quit lol.

shelby gt500 >>>> stage 2 2006 wrx lol
    Cobb stage 2 WRB 2006 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_wrx View Post
    on the streets of africa somewhere in the jungle. i hav a friend whos dad has a shelby gt500 and i pretty much wanted to see what they hype about this car was.

So we lined up the light turns green and......

i jumped about 3 car lengths from a dig, held about 2 car lengths after 2nd, and by the end of 3rd he pulled about 4 car lengths on me then i just quit lol.

shelby gt500 >>>> stage 2 2006 wrx lol
    Nice death. With a turbo upgrade you could take him, however with a blower upgrade he would return the favor.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

He blew the race.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Bet he was surprised when you took him off the line like that.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

hm...

lets compare.

WRX:
    -$25k list price
    -225HP
    -AWD

GT 500:
    -$41K list price
    -500HP
    -RWD

shoulda known going into this one...
    2econd2none Performance

Well... you just didn't have enough to take him on. No shame on that.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Nice death. With a turbo upgrade you could take him, however with a blower upgrade he would return the favor.
    + 1
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

yeah its one of my best friends dads car, i already told him when i do a turbo swap i want a re-match lol.
    Cobb stage 2 WRB 2006 WRX

the only downside to this whole thing is if you look at the gt500 wrong it gains hp. u can run into the deep 10s on the stock blower and make 650-700+whp
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Take it to the track and with a good number of turns you can take him. Those things handle like poo. 4000lbs for a so-called sports car.

A co-worker has one. It's crazy fast in a straight line. It pulls like crazy. He even says it handles for $hit though. He won't mod his as it is an "investment" to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    It must be on the Subway diet. Did you name it Jared?

Quote Originally Posted by tarbaj View Post
    Take it to the track and with a good number of turns you can take him. Those things handle like poo. 4000lbs for a so-called sports car.

A co-worker has one. It's crazy fast in a straight line. It pulls like crazy. He even says it handles for $hit though. He won't mod his as it is an "investment" to him.

Umm, it's not a sports car, it is a muscle car/pony car, a Mustang has never been a "Sports car". The car was made to be a straight line beast, and the handling is not as bad as everyone wants to believe either. Yes, she is a heavy ass pig, but that is the way that 99% of all newer cars are going unfortunately. Even the GTR will be 3800 lbs, there is just too much safety and technology in the new cars to keep the weight down.

Do you really think you could get a 500 HP (with a lot more power potential) car that weighs 3000 lbs (or less) and handles like a miata for $45,000? When they make that car, let me know, I want it.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    Umm, it's not a sports car, it is a muscle car/pony car, a Mustang has never been a "Sports car". The car was made to be a straight line beast, and the handling is not as bad as everyone wants to believe either. Yes, she is a heavy ass pig, but that is the way that 99% of all newer cars are going unfortunately. Even the GTR will be 3800 lbs, there is just too much safety and technology in the new cars to keep the weight down.

Do you really think you could get a 500 HP (with a lot more power potential) car that weighs 3000 lbs (or less) and handles like a miata for $45,000? When they make that car, let me know, I want it.
    I understand your point, but the weight that many of the aforementioned cars possess would keep me away as well. I was disappointed when I saw how heavy the GT500 was going to be. Kudos to Chevy for at least keeping the Corvette to under 3200 lbs.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Nice death.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I was disappointed when I saw how heavy the GT500 was going to be. Kudos to Chevy for at least keeping the Corvette to under 3200 lbs.
    +alot

The c6 vette is $45,000 3200lbs and 400 hp and handles very well. The C6 zo6 is 500hp and 3100 lbs but is $75k.

In my area the gt500 is going for around $75k anyways, so the z06 would be a good comparison and meet your criteria Juice33.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast