srt4 (open dp, reflash), 350z (exhaust, not sure what else), and I - street racing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on srt4 (open dp, reflash), 350z (exhaust, not sure what else), and I - street racing within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So last night after work I meet up with my younger brother and some of his friends on Route 37. ...

srt4 (open dp, reflash), 350z (exhaust, not sure what else), and I - street racing

So last night after work I meet up with my younger brother and some of his friends on Route 37. I pulled into the Super WaWa and they said they were just waiting for me and wanted to go for a drive. They had just gotten back from the track where my younger brothers Sentra Spec-V ran a 14.8@94 (with a lousy 60 foot that I can't remember) and his friends SRT4 ran a 13.8@104 (if memory serves) with an open downpipe and a reflash.

Long story short, pulled on both cars pretty hard from a 40 roll I pulled about 2 cars by 70 on the SRT4, and the 350Z was too far behind to guess. My younger brother had hopped in the car with me, and I remarked that the SRT4 was pretty quiet considering he had just the DP, when he explained it was the factory dp, it made sense. We came to a light, and mine and Frank (SRT4) both remarked to each other that our radar detectors were going off, then the light went green and we both got on it. I had a car length or so by the speed limit where I let off the throttle and stayed at 50mph, Frank overshot the mark a tiny bit - say maybe 5 mph. This was unfortunate as a cop just popped his lights on and pulled over Frank. He got a wreckless and no front plate, and I got the F out of dodge.

I'm fully convinced I got lucky because my car looks stock. I took my younger brother back to his car and called it a night.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice job not getting pulled over. I dont mind racing, up to the speed limit. Short races though.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    stock look FTW sleepers are just smarter.

Poor frank.

Wreckless for 5mph over?
    So he knew you guys were racing? you got lucky .

Nice kill BTW.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he figured it out.

Luck FTW. And the sleeper thing helped too I'm sure, however the big old white F4 Mid Atlantic sticker in my back window might have been enough to get unwanted attention.... fortunately it wasn't.

Last time Frank and I raced, I blew my trans. So he's still ahead of the game, it cost me 4100 between parts and labor to fix my trans. His ticket after fighting it in court will still be well under a grand.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.