DTR rex vs Camaro - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on DTR rex vs Camaro within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DUB Camero guy probably wasted 3 car lengths spinning his wheels. If it was an 80's 305 ...

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Camero guy probably wasted 3 car lengths spinning his wheels.
    If it was an 80's 305 RS then they are just plain slow. I beat one by a car length in my NA 97 eclipse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fkarkvan View Post
    If it was an 80's 305 RS then they are just plain slow. I beat one by a car length in my NA 97 eclipse.
    Yeah, they are not quick.

The incident was just humorous to me because he assumed that just because he had a V8 that made his car fast.

I remember when my buddy got his Camaro RS V8 with intake and catback for his 16th Bday. He was one of the firsts to get his license so we all thought the car was really fast. That is until I turned 16 and beat him in my mom's Grand Prix
    Turns out his car was actually only good for high 15's AT BEST but we had nothing to compare it to so initially we thought it was fast, lol.

Then again, a year later his dad got him a brand spanking new Camaro SS with full exhaust that hauled ass.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Times have changed a great deal, and thank God for that. In the '80's, there really weren't that many affordable cars that could break into the 13's/14's stock, so a 15 second car felt "fast".
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    So had to take a detour route from the bookstore (where I often study) and ended up driving through little Mexico where older 305 Trans Ams and Camaro's are plentiful.

I catch this dude at a light in his 305 V8 Camaro RS or whatever he keeps giving me hard looks. My friend got one of these as his first car so I know they are balls-ass slow and I just ignored him. He burns rubber coming away from the now green light and feels pretty good about himself I guess.

We catch another light where he then rolls down his window (I then roll down mine) and he says something along the lines of "what's in there? Don't feel bad I have a V8 and exhaust work done bro".
    Apparently he thought he had beaten me
    I held back my laughter and said I didn't give it my all but we should go again... if I go all out it should be a close race.
    He agrees and starts reving.

Light goes green, I put ~ 10 car lengths on him upto 70mph and shut it down. He flew past me and then turned off.... I never got to see his face.

DTR rex = Stage2 + protune.
    His car was maybe worth low 15's on the best day of its life.
    dood i live in Elgin [chi-town burbs] and it is total mexico out here, and this is so common it isnt even funny.

there is a mexican race team in my town, who named themselves "Team-X-Rated" they are so ghey
    2econd2none Performance

I Support ClubWRX

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    It was the neck

+1
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post

Was it that guy?
    OMG, that dude is sweet. I need to frame and hang those pics up ASAP.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice going - pick on somebody half your size next time!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post

Was it that guy?
    Camaro = Mullet!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    dood i live in Elgin [chi-town burbs] and it is total mexico out here, and this is so common it isnt even funny.

there is a mexican race team in my town, who named themselves "Team-X-Rated" they are so ghey
    I know Elgin pretty well and yeah, I could def. see that, lol.

I grew up in Bartlett (about 15min away), but it's a totally different town from Elgin.
    I am at school in the city though.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I know Elgin pretty well and yeah, I could def. see that, lol.

I grew up in Bartlett (about 15min away), but it's a totally different town from Elgin.
    I am at school in the city though.
    let me know if you are cruising sometime or something. i got 2 friends with STI and another with a WRX
    2econd2none Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    let me know if you are cruising sometime or something. i got 2 friends with STI and another with a WRX
    I used to cruise with Jason (he used to be on here as tztidwrx - or some sh!t) but I haven't seen him in a while. There are meets in schaumburg though which wouldn't be too far of a drive.

Just watch out for BrianH.
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.