07 WRX or 08 GTI?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX or 08 GTI? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know this forum will be wrx biased but I am going to look at a WRX limited tomorrow and ...

07 WRX or 08 GTI?

I know this forum will be wrx biased but I am going to look at a WRX limited tomorrow and a VW GTI. I test drove a GTI yesterday and it was nice, Ive driven an STI before but never a (regular) WRX. Anyone have experience with both or any opinions? I think the WRX is a cool car and may be leaning towards that...I'm coming out of a 2001 audi S4. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

07 WRX or 08 GTI

I know this forum will be wrx biased but I am going to look at a WRX limited tomorrow and a VW GTI. I test drove a GTI yesterday and it was nice, Ive driven an STI before but never a (regular) WRX. Anyone have experience with both or any opinions? I think the WRX is a cool car and may be leaning towards that, is it noticably quicker than a GTI both stock?...I'm coming out of a 2001 audi S4. Any help would be appreciated.

I drive a 07 wrx and i can tell ya that i raped a GTI... if that helps
    07 WRX TR
    Spt intake, cobb stg II, Turbo Xs TBE

My Ride

Hawk-Eye Alliance #113

I've had a Civic SI and two Sentra SE-Rs before. Also had an 06 impreza and now an 08 WRX. My sister in law has a modded VR6 GTI that is pretty quick. I used to have a G60 supercharged VW corrado that became a money pit. The thing for me is that once you go AWD you won't want to go back. I like my 08 WRX better than any other car I've had. The GTI is in my opinion a ho-hum front wheel drive 2.0 liter turbo, been done a million times.
    Last edited by fasteddie888; 10-21-2007 at 02:39 PM.

I think I am leaning towards the wrx anyways, I like the extra power it has over the GTI and the AWD is great. Hey I noticed in you pic it looks like you have HID's, can you tell me where and what kind to get for this car? I would really like to add a set instead of the halogens

I Support ClubWRX
    Moving to the comparison forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

The GTI is a nice car. My wife drives an 06 GLI pacakge 2, and the car is awesome. It's interior is incredible, it has dual zone climate control, heated seats, and it's all of very high quality. That being said, she came home a couple days ago and said, "The next car I get needs to be AWD." I asked her why and she said cause when she wants to go fast in the GLI she just spins her tires. I tried to get her into a Legacy GT, but that didn't work out. The VW is nice, but it's not a Subaru. I just hope the GLI lasts as long as I know my WRX will.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Banned
    hate gtis .. everyone has them and they look like garbage to me .. other than interior look cheap and FWD . cool

Gti

exterior visual, performance, and price for maintance/repairs = WRX

interior feel = GTI

WRX FTW
    2econd2none Performance

Yah i do have HID's on mine, got them of ebay vendor was Euroefx and they are 6000k H9's gota admit man i wanted the 8000k but 6000k looks pretty awesome less attention from cop's

I think I am leaning towards the wrx anyways, I like the extra power it has over the GTI and the AWD is great. Hey I noticed in you pic it looks like you have HID's, can you tell me where and what kind to get for this car? I would really like to add a set instead of the halogens
    07 WRX TR
    Spt intake, cobb stg II, Turbo Xs TBE

My Ride

Hawk-Eye Alliance #113

comfort....GTi

AWD....WRX

you pick
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Both have similar performance (power-wise) and modability.

The GTi handles better, brakes better, and has a nicer interior and looks better IMO.

The wrx has awd and is more reliable.

Take your pick. I really liked the GTI with exhaust and chip that I drove. All around it was a much better car than a wrx.... HOWEVER, it gets annoying with first gear is useless if you go over half-throttle and that alone *might* be enough to push me towards the wrx.

BTW, considered the MS3? Priced the same and out-performs each of the above with a very nice interior.
    That would likely be my choice.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    exterior visual, performance, and price for maintance/repairs = WRX

interior feel = GTI

WRX FTW
    i agree
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Love my 06 WRX. Need a protune or new turbo or somethin though, I'm fiendin for a mod.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast