STI vs NISMO Z
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs NISMO Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Saw the new nismo z today and I like it alot except for the rear. Just wondering if anybody in ...

STI vs NISMO Z

Saw the new nismo z today and I like it alot except for the rear. Just wondering if anybody in an sti has run with one of them I heard they are pretty fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The nismo doesn't have any more power than the regular Z just a different suspension,wheels/tires, body kit, interior etc. So its probably not any faster than a regular 07Z in a drag race. On a road course it'd be different.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 10-20-2007 at 12:08 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

cav called it, they do come with lighter rims, but the package is basically a suspension/brake upgrade
    If you ever go back in time, dont touch anything.

2005 STi
    Cobb Ap Stage Two/ Cobb Suspension Stage one.

Ya I work at a Honda/Nissan dealer and Honesty other than the suspension parts mentioned it has a body kit and I still dont think it would be a hard race for an STI. In my stock wrx i keep up with them of course partly it is driver also.

Quote Originally Posted by Feezor View Post
    Ya I work at a Honda/Nissan dealer and Honesty other than the suspension parts mentioned it has a body kit and I still dont think it would be a hard race for an STI. In my stock wrx i keep up with them of course partly it is driver also.
    Good to know, i always thought the Nismo Z had engine upgrades too.
    Stage II and loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by kiger0183 View Post
    The nismo in Japan can be had with a 3.8L
    FORZA FERRARI

All the 350z's all have the same engine belive it or not the only difference are things like the base model has no trac. control the step up has trac. control and Brembo brakes and so on and so foruth other wise the performance, they all are the same engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Feezor View Post
    All the 350z's all have the same engine belive it or not the only difference are things like the base model has no trac. control the step up has trac. control and Brembo brakes and so on and so foruth other wise the performance, they all are the same engines.
    The automatics had different engines until 07 and of course the 03-05/06/07 engines are all different.
    Base doesn't have LSD or traction control, all the others have lsd and traction control. the touring have traction control lsd and some kind of stability management.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by kiger0183 View Post
    Thats what I thought cause it looks so aggresive

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    The automatics had different engines until 07 and of course the 03-05/06/07 engines are all different.
    Base doesn't have LSD or traction control, all the others have lsd and traction control. the touring have traction control lsd and some kind of stability management.
    Yes, i agree with him, and yeah there is not much difference in the performance- engine-wise. However, the suspenssion is a killer. This car can easily stay at the rear bumper of the STI on the slaloms, and road course. I personaly have 07 enthusiast, and i ve raced an STI 06, with an intake only. Mine is completely stock. The outcome was what i expected, from a dig the sti is a bulet, cant be beaten. but on the highway we were side by side. The Z can slowly inch on the STI above 120 mph. But hey even cars, pretty even. The old motor pre-07, losses bad from an STI. I havent seen the 08's STi, i wonder what they could do.

07' Z's are doing pretty well actually. A lot of mid-high 13's @ 104/105 in stock form it seems.

That is def. STi territory, but I would still give the edge to the STI seeing as how traction is its friend.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I just have one question...why are the shift boots so freakin big on 350z's and G35s??? Its such a short shifter, so why is the boot look like its way too big?

I just had to throw that in there since we were on the topic of the Nismo Z and I was looking at pics...

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I just have one question...why are the shift boots so freakin big on 350z's and G35s??? Its such a short shifter, so why is the boot look like its way too big?

I just had to throw that in there since we were on the topic of the Nismo Z and I was looking at pics...

yep, they are gigantic and i dont like this either, but i dont really care. However, to me it looks like a trash bag. I ordered a beautiful one, supposedly manufactured by NISMO. but why did they leave the Nismo model with stock shift knob, who knows. hey STI's knob is too long

Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    yep, they are gigantic and i dont like this either, but i dont really care. However, to me it looks like a trash bag. I ordered a beautiful one, supposedly manufactured by NISMO. but why did they leave the Nismo model with stock shift knob, who knows. hey STI's knob is too long

Haha...Thats what she said Seriously I have always thought that, but the throws are all pretty short which is cool. I might invest in the Kartboy shifter to lower the lever about an inch and a half or so...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Well the one in the picture is sort of poofed up if you push it down its less noticeable.
    FORZA FERRARI

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast