STI vs NISMO Z - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on STI vs NISMO Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex I don't understand..... This in no way negates my post I don't think he was ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I don't understand..... This in no way negates my post
    I don't think he was actually trying to negate your post...just coincide with it perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    There some people that do on the Z forums. Having the enthusiast model or above with lsd and Traction control would help along with some snow tires. People have driven RWD cars in the snow for ages......I'm just glad I don't have too.
    I love driving RWD in the snow...as long as you have the Good Driver mod going...you should be alright. Knowledge of how to drive safely in snow is the best thing you can do...and a Manual RWD is 5x better than an Automatic RWD
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I love driving RWD in the snow...as long as you have the Good Driver mod going...you should be alright. Knowledge of how to drive safely in snow is the best thing you can do...and a Manual RWD is 5x better than an Automatic RWD
    Yeah I drove a mustang to tahoe in the snow once. It was interesting but I'm not really a snow person at all and I can't imagine doing it everyday if I lived in an area that snowed. Plus it gets the car dirty and we can't have that.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Yeah I drove a mustang to tahoe in the snow once. It was interesting but I'm not really a snow person at all and I can't imagine doing it everyday if I lived in an area that snowed. Plus it gets the car dirty and we can't have that.
    I only had an e36 BMW, so it wasn't all that prestigious for keeping clean...but I loved it. So comfortable and the weight really helped it. I had to deal with some tough hills in Northern Jersey when I had it too...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    !(Donnie's Post)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    !(Donnie's Post)

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    There some people that do on the Z forums. Having the enthusiast model or above with lsd and Traction control would help along with some snow tires. People have driven RWD cars in the snow for ages......I'm just glad I don't have too.
    I had a Mustang and I hated it in the snow. Apparently the base model Z's are just as bad. My friend said his sucks pretty bad even in the rain. Bottom line, rain/snow sucks.

!(Donnie's Post)
    That's the uber leet programmer's way of negating a post. A '!' turns true to false or vice versa. It also is used for other things similar like variable existence, etc. which I don't feel like explaining. Software nerds FTW.
    Last edited by farBeyondDriven; 10-26-2007 at 10:22 AM.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

!(Donnie's Post)
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    That's the uber leet programmer's way of negating a post. A '!' turns true to false or vice versa. It also is used for other things similar like variable existence, etc. which I don't feel like explaining. Software nerds FTW.

Well in that case....

!(Donnie's Post)
    Nerd.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

My friend drives his Z in the snow. He just throws some heavy stuff in the trunk and gets dedicated snow tires. He says it does decently but he still has to be uber-careful.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

it is not meant to negate your post. I was just stating facts, i was vague, i meant the HR motor is rated at 306hp at crank, and it gets 275 rwhp.

Does anyone actually drive the Z in the snow? I would have bought one if my friend that has one didn't complain so much about driving it in the rain/snow. That and no backseat turned me off. It sure is good looking though. This car evolved nicely, I may bite the bullet and get one eventually.
    well, i drove mine only once, when i went to a nearby moutain, it was recently. I have toyo's 285/30 19 inch in the back , and i did fine, the snow i had to go through was only an inch. I mean it's not going to be as good as your STI's and Wrx's, but if you're careful, and have good tires, you are fine, however, ice is a different question. and i began to realize that the clutch is one of the things they have not even tried to improve. i might end up getting a new one soon.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    well, i drove mine only once, when i went to a nearby moutain, it was recently. I have toyo's 285/30 19 inch in the back , and i did fine, the snow i had to go through was only an inch. I mean it's not going to be as good as your STI's and Wrx's, but if you're careful, and have good tires, you are fine, however, ice is a different question. and i began to realize that the clutch is one of the things they have not even tried to improve. i might end up getting a new one soon.
    I'm pretty sure any wheel-equipped vehicle would be teh suck in the ice. I will rarely drive during an ice storm because, well, that's just a death trap. I have an ongoing struggle with wanting a RWD, mostly in the summer. I absolutely love the new Z's and Mustangs. Luckily, winter is approaching and that will reinforce my AWD decision.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I'm pretty sure any wheel-equipped vehicle would be teh suck in the ice. I will rarely drive during an ice storm because, well, that's just a death trap. I have an ongoing struggle with wanting a RWD, mostly in the summer. I absolutely love the new Z's and Mustangs. Luckily, winter is approaching and that will reinforce my AWD decision.
    I know, but still you gotta drive sometimes, however, somebody mentioned the Traction control, i don't want to re-read all the posts, so i can quote what they said. however, i had to turn it off, in the snow couple of time because it completely killed the throttle. and sometimes whan you let the gas, the rear tires tended to slow down the car but if you hit an ice patch, it tended to slide, so it is an advantage, but it as well can be disadvantage. so it's so so

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234