STI vs NISMO Z - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs NISMO Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sorry for the hi-jack since infinity is coming out with a g37 with over 300hp is nissan going to follow ...

sorry for the hi-jack

since infinity is coming out with a g37 with over 300hp is nissan going to follow with the 350z ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    you're right man. I test drove a used 05 nismo, supposedly with everything cams, intake, exhaust, every possible thing that nismo offered, and an 06 the rev-up, well no significant difference. I delayed my purchasing and here came the 07, the all new HR motor, which i bought, and dont regret. But my point is that Z is deffinitely not so mod friendly. i prefer a regular enthusiast which i've got, for below $30 000, and as soon as the twin turbo is released i will be able to get a pretty good configuration for 10 G. So , to me it is pintless to get a higher trim Z if you want the crude performace. I also drove an Evo VIII, in 98 degree weater, and it felt limp. Several weeks later the dealer let me drive an Evo IX SE, it was in the mid 70*, and it felt way faster than the VIII. They told me that this is normal with turbocharched car, Does the STI have the same issue, if i can call it an issue?

I was not aware that they had a Nismo package in 05...I know Nismo has always made parts for it, so was it just all the Nismo parts specially thrown into the car, and then called a "Nismo package" by a non-dealer or something?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    sorry for the hi-jack

since infinity is coming out with a g37 with over 300hp is nissan going to follow with the 350z ?
    Probably theres tons of speculation on when. I heard 2011?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Most recent Car and Driver is saying that the 350z will most likely get the same 3.7L engine, will be shortened up and lightened to compete with the Porsche/Z3/S2000 market...and might be dubbed the "370Z"
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    i was under the impression of 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Most recent Car and Driver is saying that the 350z will most likely get the same 3.7L engine, will be shortened up and lightened to compete with the Porsche/Z3/S2000 market...and might be dubbed the "370Z"
    hummm that would be cool
    i think theres a vid on here some where
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    i was under the impression of 09
    Yeah there was something on the Z forum about it being 2011 recently but no idea if its true sometime between 2009 and 20012 I guess.

I bet the next Z will be a bit more expensive as they sell a lot fewer base models than they do the higher models.
    FORZA FERRARI

well, most of the Nissan dealerships are taking pre-orders for 2008 350Z, which is exactly the same as 2007. i think they just tinkered with the colors and now the Z is offered in couple of extra colors, but on the other hand i heard that there is not going to be daytona blue anymore. however, yeah, people expect by 2009 the Z to get the G37'z motor, but since the VQ35HR and VQ37VHR are not substantially different, i don't think there will be any drastic improvement in the performance. If you actually take a look at statistics of G37, for instance when it was compared to BMW 335I , the G did not get any better numbers than the Z. 0-60, 1/4 , 0-100, pretty similar to the Z, i think it has to do alot with the G being pretty porky, but hey it's a luxury sports car, it has beautiful interior, and available options

well, most of the Nissan dealerships are taking pre-orders for 2008 350Z, which is exactly the same as 2007. i think they just tinkered with the colors and now the Z is offered in couple of extra colors, but on the other hand i heard that there is not going to be daytona blue anymore. however, yeah, people expect by 2009 the Z to get the G37'z motor, but since the VQ35HR and VQ37VHR are not substantially different, i don't think there will be any drastic improvement in the performance. If you actually take a look at statistics of G37, for instance when it was compared to BMW 335I , the G did not get any better numbers than the Z. 0-60, 1/4 , 0-100, pretty similar to the Z, i think it has to do alot with the G being pretty porky, but hey it's a luxury sports car, it has beautiful interior, and available options
    +1...it is great performance for the luxury.

C&D was also saying that it would get the upgraded engine, but it wouldn't be a significant change...I did see spy shots somewhere of the testing of the "new" Z and it was actually noticeably smaller...hmmmm

I did see spy shots somewhere of the testing of the "new" Z and it was actually noticeably smaller...hmmmm
    That would be good. The current Z does a pretty good job of dealing with its heft and size but smaller could only be better. The trunk/hatch space is not all the usable they could easily cut a little length out of that without making much of a difference.
    FORZA FERRARI

The 3.7 should be in the Z by 2009/2010 and will be a bit different from the G37 motor. Plus, the Z is considerably lighter than the G37 which boasts 330hp. I would suspect the Z by then to have 335/340hp and weight a few hundred lbs less. This means that very low 13's (maybe even high 12's) can be expected from the car.

The 07' Z will go mid 13's @ 105mph with 303hp. I would like to see high 12's @ 108 from the new one with the 3.7
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    The 3.7 should be in the Z by 2009/2010 and will be a bit different from the G37 motor. Plus, the Z is considerably lighter than the G37 which boasts 330hp. I would suspect the Z by then to have 335/340hp and weight a few hundred lbs less. This means that very low 13's (maybe even high 12's) can be expected from the car.

The 07' Z will go mid 13's @ 105mph with 303hp. I would like to see high 12's @ 108 from the new one with the 3.7

Should be do able a select few have gotten low 13's dead stock with 07's, so maybe with the future Z we could see consistent low 13's and a few high 12's.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post

the 07 has 306 hp , and 275 rwhp , and roughly 235rwtq. if you make a comparsion between the rev-up (2006 model) which is rated at 300hp, and it gets 250 rwhp ,and 220 rwtq,and the 07 HR motor , this is huge imprevement, and the 07 is rated only 6 hp more , but actually gets 20 -25hp. and the best time i've seen so far on a stock Z is 13.3, traped at 104mph,

the 07 has 306 hp , and 275 rwhp , and roughly 235rwtq. if you make a comparsion between the rev-up (2006 model) which is rated at 300hp, and it gets 250 rwhp ,and 220 rwtq,and the 07 HR motor , this is huge imprevement, and the 07 is rated only 6 hp more , but actually gets 20 -25hp. and the best time i've seen so far on a stock Z is 13.3, traped at 104mph,
    I don't understand..... This in no way negates my post
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Does anyone actually drive the Z in the snow? I would have bought one if my friend that has one didn't complain so much about driving it in the rain/snow. That and no backseat turned me off. It sure is good looking though. This car evolved nicely, I may bite the bullet and get one eventually.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Does anyone actually drive the Z in the snow? I would have bought one if my friend that has one didn't complain so much about driving it in the rain/snow. That and no backseat turned me off. It sure is good looking though. This car evolved nicely, I may bite the bullet and get one eventually.
    There some people that do on the Z forums. Having the enthusiast model or above with lsd and Traction control would help along with some snow tires. People have driven RWD cars in the snow for ages......I'm just glad I don't have too.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 10-26-2007 at 08:10 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast