STI vs NISMO Z - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs NISMO Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Supposed to be for form-fitting comfort. I enjoyed the shifter feel and placement on the Z I drove... but the ...

Supposed to be for form-fitting comfort.
    I enjoyed the shifter feel and placement on the Z I drove... but the tranny is still no S2000
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the nismo z is around 40k and i dont think its worth it
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Supposed to be for form-fitting comfort.
    I enjoyed the shifter feel and placement on the Z I drove... but the tranny is still no S2000
    Yeah, the shift boot on my G was similar, but didn't bother me. It was a notchy tranny, though, given that it was not made by Subaru.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    the nismo z is around 40k and i dont think its worth it
    The base model starts at like 27 or 28k plus the nismo pakage is basically a body kit so if you buy the base model and then build it up when your done it will be pretty quick and you still would have been under 40 grand
    Last edited by Feezor; 10-23-2007 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feezor View Post
    The base model starts at like 27 or 28k plus the nismo pakage is basically a body kit so if you buy the base model and then build it up when your done it will be pretty quick and you still would have been under 40 grand
    The Nismo package is also a significant upgrade in suspension using Nismo parts...as well as Rays Engineering Rims, which aren't cheap, but are pretty light for 19s...plus they have pretty good tires as well on those rims...not to mention an "upgraded" sportier interior...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Ya im saying if your going to build it up anyways if you start with the base model then build it the way you want it then you will be around the same 40 grand and it will be done your way but if you like the suspension the way it is on the nismo then yeah I can see that as a good reason but If your planning on changing it anyways it would be cheaper to go with the base model sorry about the confusion that what i meant to say in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Feezor View Post
    Ya im saying if your going to build it up anyways if you start with the base model then build it the way you want it then you will be around the same 40 grand and it will be done your way but if you like the suspension the way it is on the nismo then yeah I can see that as a good reason but If your planning on changing it anyways it would be cheaper to go with the base model sorry about the confusion that what i meant to say in the first place
    Its all good dude ...I think I was just tired and more picky about it.

It probably would be cheaper to throw good coils, sways, and strut bars for that suspension yourself...but you are paying for dealer markup for a Nismo edition...its the name.

Kinda like how most STI Limiteds had pretty crazy markup to start...it was branded as something "special." Even though it was the same performing car as a regular STI...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

yup good that was my point if your going to spend 40 grand on a car i would rather have it done my way with the parts I want rather than a dealer stock cause for 40 grand all you buying is the "name" of the parts

$40k is too much for that car IMO.

I would rather have a 335ic which will perform quite similarly with more room and a better interior.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I wouldn't pay 40k for a Z.

Most of the people on the Z forum who have bought the nismo seem to be either diehard Z or nissan (or both) and bought it mainly for the exclusivity factor.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Well the one in the picture is sort of poofed up if you push it down its less noticeable.
    Definitely major poo***e.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Its all good dude ...I think I was just tired and more picky about it.

It probably would be cheaper to throw good coils, sways, and strut bars for that suspension yourself...but you are paying for dealer markup for a Nismo edition...its the name.

Kinda like how most STI Limiteds had pretty crazy markup to start...it was branded as something "special." Even though it was the same performing car as a regular STI...
    I just went and checked out a SWP STI LTD, 10k on the ODO and they're asking $35k. The said part is someone out there will probably pay it.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Definitely major poo***e.

I just went and checked out a SWP STI LTD, 10k on the ODO and they're asking $35k. The said part is someone out there will probably pay it.

Haha...poo***e looks like major foreskin on a chode shaped shifter

That is sad...I'll sell you mine for $30k

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Haha...poo***e looks like major foreskin on a chode shaped shifter

That is sad...I'll sell you mine for $30k
    I'd say we have a deal. Now, if I could only around that pesky little thing called sales tax...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I wouldn't pay 40k for a Z.

Most of the people on the Z forum who have bought the nismo seem to be either diehard Z or nissan (or both) and bought it mainly for the exclusivity factor.
    you're right man. I test drove a used 05 nismo, supposedly with everything cams, intake, exhaust, every possible thing that nismo offered, and an 06 the rev-up, well no significant difference. I delayed my purchasing and here came the 07, the all new HR motor, which i bought, and dont regret. But my point is that Z is deffinitely not so mod friendly. i prefer a regular enthusiast which i've got, for below $30 000, and as soon as the twin turbo is released i will be able to get a pretty good configuration for 10 G. So , to me it is pintless to get a higher trim Z if you want the crude performace. I also drove an Evo VIII, in 98 degree weater, and it felt limp. Several weeks later the dealer let me drive an Evo IX SE, it was in the mid 70*, and it felt way faster than the VIII. They told me that this is normal with turbocharched car, Does the STI have the same issue, if i can call it an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    you're right man. I test drove a used 05 nismo, supposedly with everything cams, intake, exhaust, every possible thing that nismo offered, and an 06 the rev-up, well no significant difference. I delayed my purchasing and here came the 07, the all new HR motor, which i bought, and dont regret. But my point is that Z is deffinitely not so mod friendly. i prefer a regular enthusiast which i've got, for below $30 000, and as soon as the twin turbo is released i will be able to get a pretty good configuration for 10 G. So , to me it is pintless to get a higher trim Z if you want the crude performace. I also drove an Evo VIII, in 98 degree weater, and it felt limp. Several weeks later the dealer let me drive an Evo IX SE, it was in the mid 70*, and it felt way faster than the VIII. They told me that this is normal with turbocharched car, Does the STI have the same issue, if i can call it an issue?
    Yeah I got a 06 base model myself and added a nismo lsd and 3.9fd later I'm happy with the performance. Those 07's are putting down some pretty good times.

Turbo cars usually have more of a "sense of speed" because of the inherent traits of a turbo power band.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast