STI vs EVO
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My STI was neck and neck w/ him full out. I was looking over at him and he was in ...

STI vs CBR?

My STI was neck and neck w/ him full out. I was looking over at him and he was in a tuck as low as he could get over the gas tank and the bike was screaming. He couldn't pull ahead all the way up to 130 until we both braked to avoid traffic. Anyone else experienced similar w/ a bike? My gf thinks it was a honda CBR, red and black.
    Only mods are Blitz NUR catback, Injen cold air.
    Last edited by etshulda; 10-18-2007 at 02:11 PM. Reason: misleading title and unsupported claims

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was it a ninja 250? those things are sweet!

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting post.

Mind posting your mods (you obviously have at least a catback, and a BOV).

This should be interesting.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Interesting post.

Mind posting your mods (you obviously have at least a catback, and a BOV).

This should be interesting.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Sorry to tell you this but i think the rider just sucks. i have a cbr 600rr and im pretty sure itwill smoke just about any car. 0-60 in mid 3's. top speed around 160. i really think he war probably afraid to really crack down on the throtel. the exhaust not can be decieving because redline is like 13000 rpm,s and the reall dond hit the power band will around 8-10k so a really high exhaust not could be 9000 rpm,s and there just getting into the powerband.

i could be wrong but i think the only way and sti could hand with a cbr would be in the twisties. and you would have to be a great drive.

and btw the cbr is an amazing bike and hardly and piece of ****

I Support ClubWRX
    Like I said...should be interesting.

For the viewers: Please note the classical bait tactic of the OP. Makes unssuported claims, is a first time poster, and quickly lures in someone with firsthand experience with the supposed vanquished vehicle. Not to mention the misleading and attention getting thread title.

Cudos to the OP....it could almost be like chumming for sharks.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Hmmmm

..... kids these days

Hudd is right, i have a stageII 2005 STi and roommate has a CBR 600rr which i have riden before so i do experience in both seats... So the few times we have been out(me driving my car, roommate on his bike) we will often goof around and no matter how hard i try he pulls me hard every gear. the only time that i look good is first to second at a light only because i can get the jump on him accross the intersection ... so not to be a **** but either the rider in the story was toying with you or did not know what he was doing which i doubt.

Corey
    2005 OB STI--| Stage2| 18'x8' Rota P1s| Custom Magnaflow Titanium Exhaust| H&R drop springs| Kartboy SS| K&N Drop in filter| Eclipse AVN2454| WRX wing| Front V-Limited C/F lip

Man you are right the Evo would have been totally trashed, it makes perfect sense that the STi beat it with the BOV! Your car must be Siiiiiiiick!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

going 130 on two wheels can be scarry but you get used to it eventually. the cbr can probably do 130 and the peak of third grear. then shift to 4th and its over.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    What the hell? The Evo's top end pwns the STI's. Stock for stock of course.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

^Agreed! I have owned a cbr600rr and they are by no means slow! I hope this thread is hoax....cuz the s**t is gettin real thick and I don't have my boots on!

Maybe he had 2 tanks of NOS!

Last edited by RatedReX; 10-18-2007 at 09:11 AM.
    I feel the need....the neeeeeed for speed!

Quote Originally Posted by etshulda View Post
    I havn't raced an evo. I havn't driven one. I've read a pile of reviews on the EVO and the STI, and the conclusions never actually conclude anything. I'm gonna settle the battle right now from an obscure corner of NH. I was looking for an EVO RS because 28g was all I can afford to finance. I was driving a red 04 WRX and was dissapointed in its capabilities. I wanted something that owned. Most articles state that the EVO is the clear winner for whatever reason; this posting is about what happens when I didn't get the EVO RS, but instead got an 04 STI for 26g w/ 40k miles. Of course, I would prefer it new. 2004 was what I had for the WRX, so 2004 for the STI seemed fitting. I'll sum it up real soon. In my STI's rearview mirrow, I recently saw a guy riding a wheely on his crotch rocket up an incline on the highway, doing at least 90. He pulled up next to me and reved what my gf thinks was a honda CRB (nothing amazing). In return I reved the Blitz NUR exhaust, probably intimidated him, and then we took off. I think my blow off valve almost knocked him off that piece of S*t. The STI was neck and neck w/ him full out. I remember looking over at him and he was in a tuck as low as he could get over the gas tank and the bike was screaming. He couldn't pull ahead all the way up to 130 until we both braked to avoid traffic. If I had got the EVO, he would have pulled ahead, and probably would have pulled a wheely in the process to piss me off. STI wins.
    Yeah, cuz that was smart. Your post is so convincing, I believe you should go get a job with Car and Driver. Better yet - go see your flamer Paul Walker.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

I Support ClubWRX
    Funny....I always thought the EVO had more top end and dollar for dollar usually makes alot more power.

I'm leaving this open for comdey sake only.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by RatedReX View Post

over night parts from japan

I Support ClubWRX
    On a back country road, I raced my buddy in his 99 Zx6r from a digg to 120MPH in my STG 2 WRX. Rider was 6'3" 250lbs. Closest he got to me was mid Pass side door, then I began to pull at 115mph and we both let off at around 120mph. He was flat shocked.

So moral Stg 2 WRX from a digg is >= 110HP 600cc bike.

Stg2 WRX < 750cc+ 120hp+ bike

1000CC any year will pwn joo.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast