Stock 02 wrx vs. stock 99 jetta
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock 02 wrx vs. stock 99 jetta within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so a friend of mine drives a jetta and everytime we talk about cars it always comes down to him ...

Stock 02 wrx vs. stock 99 jetta

so a friend of mine drives a jetta and everytime we talk about cars it always comes down to him saying "my jetta could beat that in a race" it doesnt matter what kind of car were talking about thats what he says. and i don't understand why since he has no turbo or any kind of mods for that matter. and he thinks cause the speedometer goes up to 160mph that it can do 160mph. i just got my wrx not too long ago and now hes telling me his jetta could beat it. what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not even close... Check this website out:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...Z-60times.html

you can see that the stock 99 Jetta GLS had a 0-60 time of 7.8seconds, with a 1/4 mile at 16.0 seconds. Your 02 WRX is 5.7 and 14.4.

Like I said... not even close. You should take him up on a challenge - you will have bragging rights for years (or he is just pulling your chain).
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

theres a drag strip somewhere in my state but im not sure where. if i find it ill have to take him on. i could street race him but id rather do it the legal way on the drag strip.

Just tell him you'll race him for pinks then take his car. See how fast he is riding the bus to work.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

i was reading this, hoping there was a punchline, based on the title. nope, never happened. go race.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.