Couple of questions...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Couple of questions... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a couple questions... first off... I have a freind who drives a 2001 Saab 93 SE. He seems ...

Couple of questions...

I have a couple questions...

first off... I have a freind who drives a 2001 Saab 93 SE. He seems quite sure that he has the faster car. Just wondering what the rest of the subaru community thought about that.

second question... he is also quite sure that subaru is made in korea... I also dissagree with him on that becasue anything i've ever seen or read points to japan (wrx and forester) and indiana (legacy and outback) Anyone have any other info on the origin of our whips?

Another thing he was more than sure of is that 50/50 symmetrical AWD puts you at less of an advantage in the snow than whatever other AWD vehicles whether it be 60/40 or 70/30. also...

i've heard that top mount intercoolers are "worse" and front mounts... any merit to that unless you are running insane amounts of boost?

discuss~
    yup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ur friends seems to know alot

1st- race him and find out

2nd-they are made in JAPAN thats why we have JDM parts!

3rd-My suabru handles better in the snow than my Izuzu trooper all wheel drive, and anyother turck my friends drive up there in!!!

i live in the snow..and my wrx handles better than anything ive driven in it!! the third day i had my car i was in the snow!
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd probaly rank Subaru's AWD in the top 3 on the market. Audi's fine Quattro and Toyotas Haldex system (I'm fairly sure that's what it's called) is right up there with it.

As for the race who knows.

Top mounts are fine for the right applications. FMIC are bad for the wrong applications.

Subaru...made in Japan.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    I have a couple questions...

first off... I have a freind who drives a 2001 Saab 93 SE. He seems quite sure that he has the faster car. Just wondering what the rest of the subaru community thought about that.

second question... he is also quite sure that subaru is made in korea... I also dissagree with him on that becasue anything i've ever seen or read points to japan (wrx and forester) and indiana (legacy and outback) Anyone have any other info on the origin of our whips?

Another thing he was more than sure of is that 50/50 symmetrical AWD puts you at less of an advantage in the snow than whatever other AWD vehicles whether it be 60/40 or 70/30. also...

i've heard that top mount intercoolers are "worse" and front mounts... any merit to that unless you are running insane amounts of boost?

discuss~

I wanna make jokes here, but fortunately for you I am in a rather serious mood.

1) You have the faster car.

2) Subaru has an origin of Japan. Still is a Japanese company, but now many models are made in the U.S.

3) 50/50 is fine for the snow... In fact, it is what you want. The more balanced distribution of power you have, the better... Anything off balance just makes you more likely to spin.... of course, where the weight lies on the car makes a difference as well.

4) TMIC works fine on the wrx. In fact, a FMIC on a wrx that is on the stock turbo would be worse because it would cause excessive lag. FMIC's tend to be better suited for cars using larger turbo's or more specifically... more boost.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    second question... he is also quite sure that subaru is made in korea... I also dissagree with him on that becasue anything i've ever seen or read points to japan (wrx and forester) and indiana (legacy and outback) Anyone have any other info on the origin of our whips?...

discuss~

I don't understand why neither of you looked at the.. um.. "whip" to see if it says "made in..." anywhere. I can think of at least two places on the car that state country of origin. Wouldn't that settle any debate?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

DUB
    The first character of the VIN number indicates the country of origin. 1 = USA, J = Japan.

Banned
    ahhaha .. i love how SD_GR jus makes everyone look stupid with his comments .. he gives it to you nice and brief ..

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I don't understand why neither of you looked at the.. um.. "whip" to see if it says "made in..." anywhere. I can think of at least two places on the car that state country of origin. Wouldn't that settle any debate?
    Thats much more difficult than making a post evidently.

At any rate 9-3's are pretty slow.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    At any rate 9-3's are pretty slow.

I kinda like them though. I'd drive one.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The new 9-3 for next year is supposed to be AWD and have a 270hp turbo 6 cylinder.

The interior and exterior looks really nice too. I would totally get one.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I kinda like them though. I'd drive one.
    Yeah when my Dad was looking for car I test drove it with them. It was on ok car. Nothing bad nothing spectacular. The sales person kept going on about how wonderful the turn signal sounded, she said "it sounds like a quality European clock". i think the bs jaded my opinion of the car. Theres hardly any Saab dealers around here though I know of 1.
    FORZA FERRARI

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    The sales person kept going on about how wonderful the turn signal sounded, she said "it sounds like a quality European clock".
    Seriously? There is nothing more hilarious than a poor used car salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Seriously? There is nothing more hilarious than a poor used car salesman.
    Yeah car salesmen often prone to bs but I doubt I'll ever be able to top romanticizing the turn signal sounds.

The new 93 sound pretty decent.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Saab and Subaru have a lot in common. They are both symbols of well-meaning dorkiness, popular among sandal-wearing, reproducing, bicycle-and-camping-gear owning professionals that don't mind a square vehicle that's more tool than art. Both have a history in rallying and using turbo cars in harsh conditions. Both have been involved in developing cars that won the WRC (the Saab 600 was a Lancia Delta) and so on. I like Saab for their quirky convertibles and bizarre ignition and handbrake choices.

I a few cars ago i had a 97' Saab 900 SE, which runs the same engine/turbo set up as that year 9-3. I loved the car, quick, refined, and very comfortable. Now as far as performance goes, the wrx wins hands down hes running around 185 BHP. Also it was the most unreliable car i have ever owned. Saab Drivers tend to be particularly snoby about thier rides, i would race him and put him in his place.
    Last edited by RDB81; 10-12-2007 at 07:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast