Couple of questions... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Couple of questions... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What makes Saabs so overpriced then? I can't recall the specific model (I'm sure someone will speak up) that is ...

What makes Saabs so overpriced then? I can't recall the specific model (I'm sure someone will speak up) that is the same engine/chassis, but has a different body and is so much more expensive than our car.
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

9-2X Aero I believe it is called.
    http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/saab92x06.jpg

Saabaru.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Saab used to be overpriced because it was in over its head by trying to compete with the likes of the 3-series, c-class, volvo, etc...
    Hence why you never saw a lot of them.

Now, the pricing has become more practical and they have some pretty good ideas going on over there.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by langridge View Post
    What makes Saabs so overpriced then? I can't recall the specific model (I'm sure someone will speak up) that is the same engine/chassis, but has a different body and is so much more expensive than our car.
    You could buy a 92x a year or two ago for much less then a wrx....and they have insane warranty's.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    You could buy a 92x a year or two ago for much less then a wrx....and they have insane warranty's.
    When the price of the 9-2X dropped it was such an amazing deal. I had to fight so hard not to pickup a black one... Only thing that stopped me was that they were hard to find in 5spd around here.
    My ex g/f bought a 9-2X though with a good amount of options for only $19k!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    The 9-2X was a great deal down here too. I actually made an effort to go out and look into one, but the local Saab dealer made several critical mistakes so I kept my bugeye.

Many Saab dealers do not understand that the 9-2 was not the first Saab that's not "really" a Saab, and in fact it continues a non-Saab Saab tradition of sorts. Plus, almost all of them did understand that they could make more money selling other models, and this didn't help 9-2 sales in my area -- their car salesman mentality did the rest, and now they split their time between swatting flies in spotless but customer-free showrooms and wondering how they're going to unload rebadged GM SUVs the size of three Saab 99s. Fitting.

The more I think of it the more a shame it seems. The 9-2 has better lamps, better sound deadening, and probably better wheels than the bugeye, plus it has the quicker steering rack fitted.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 10-13-2007 at 09:29 AM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.