Challanged, what do you think?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Challanged, what do you think? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was minding my business heading over to my buddies to play Halo 3 online, and I pull in his ...

Challanged, what do you think?

I was minding my business heading over to my buddies to play Halo 3 online, and I pull in his townhouse parking lot. This guy hangs his head out the window and says " That sound really good, and sounds like its eager for a race, want to have a friendly race." I said " Ahh what you driving?" he says " Not my car, my friend has an Audi S4". I told him "I'd rather not, unless he has something worth it". He comes back saying " he has a twin turbo setup, he doesn't have much of a challange around here, your wrx sounds worthy". Anyone got any info on the S4's Twin Turbo Setup? How would the following setup due against such a challange:

Invidia Up Pipe
    SPT Short Ram Intake
    SPT Air Intake Shield
    SPT Turbo Heat Shield
    Invidia Catless DownPipe
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Cobb Accessport 2.0 running the Stage 2 93 Oct Map

Thoughts? I am not going to race him unless it's a fun friendly race, and it's a safe setup.
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i wouldnt do it
    plus these do nothing for performance SPT Air Intake Shield
    SPT Turbo Heat Shield
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I did some research, the some people have done the S4 setup, with twin turbos. Having Sequential Turbos, One Small, that starts things off and one large, that comes in after a short amount of time. It seems stock they are running 250, i can ony imagion twin turbo setups.

Btw ... Temperature is Everything ....
    Previous Subarus:

The B5 S4 came from the factory with a 2.7L twin turbo V6 engine that made 250hp. If it's that car, you should race him. If he's stock or even lightly modded, you'd have a good chance at beating him. That being said, the B6/7 S4 comes with the 4.2L V8 making 340hp. If one of those has a twin turbo setup, you better run away now. Even stock those things are fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B5 S4.jpg   B6 S4.jpg   B7 S4.jpg  
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Don't the turbo S4's have a Biturbo set up instead of a twin turbo? But anyways they aren't too fast stock (250hp) but they can be modded to be fast, depends what he has done.

I Support ClubWRX
    250hp stock. Unless its an RS4 Id go for it.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

By twin-turbo he was probably incorrectly referring to the bi-turbo or sequential turbo setup that ran in the B5 and B6 S4. Assuming this is the case, you should run him. Stock or lightly modded and you have a very good chance to win... but with proper tuning and full supporting bolt on's they have been known to be rather quick.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

did I hear Halo 3?

I Support ClubWRX
    Run him. Properaly modded bi-turbo S4's are a pretty rare. In my experience, they are usually a chip and an exhaust, and a stage 2 WRX should be able to hang (at the very least). If it is just slightly modified, you should be able to take him. Make sure it is a true race...from a dig, at a track. Don't play the "frumaroll" game as you then toss away your primary advantage.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Thanks for the information guys, I will let ya know if I find out more. Or if his buddies hang their heads out the window and ask to race again.

Halo 3 FTW
    Previous Subarus:

I didn't realize that any of Audi's turbo vehicles used sequential turbos. It's really a waste of technology to me; too much complication for not enough gain. If you ever try to work on a Mk4 Supra's stock setup you'll see what I mean. A pair of plain ol' twins is so much easier.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

the b5 s4 has the 2.7l ko3 biturbo setup.if the car is stock,you will walk him bad.if he's chipped and exhaust it'll be a run for your money.those cars tuned go a very long way.the b6 s4 however came w/ the 4.2l v8 engine. you shouldn't be worried.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#105
    2007 WR Blue Subaru WRX STI
    mods- 3in.catless T/B exhaust,(Fujitsubo Super T1 axle/bac,InvidiaV2catless D/P)untuned, 18x8.5 gunmetal Work Emotion CR's wrapped in 235/40/18 General Exclaims',blacked out headlights,Chargespeed front lip,Tein S.Techs,Grimmspeed TGV Deleates,65mm APS cold air intake,3in Agency Power turbo inlet pipe, NGK step colder spark plugs,Cusco oil-catch can,APS dual vent bov,AEM methanol injection kit,255l Walbro fuel pump

Banned
    I had an Audi pull on me on the freeway. It was raining so hard. I couldn't make out what kind of car it was though. Might not have even been a S4. I would be scared they are mean little cars

I wouldn't be worried if it were stock, my co-worker has one and it's not that fast. It's a nice car, but it's just not that impressive. And it's a pc of junk, he has had so many problems with it I wonder why he still owns it.

A buddy of mine has a S4 with the factory twin setup it's not really that fast. Way faster than an S4, but not STI/EVO territory. Should be a good race with a stage 2 WRX.

A year or so ago at my buddies shop he was installing one of APR's kits on a 2000 A4. They have some nice stuff available.

www.goapr.com
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast