Challanged, what do you think? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Challanged, what do you think? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He'll walk on you....

He'll walk on you.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Jeez Thanks lol
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

Don't do it, they are tough little cars. An APR performance chip and exhaust will boost engine output+ 50HP & +50ft of tq or something like that.
    2007 OBP WRX LTD
    Cobb Accessport v2 Stage 2
    McCulloch 5000K HIDs h7
    DDM Slim 3000K HIDs h3
    HKS Carbon-Ti Exhaust
    Whiteline 24mm adj. FSB
    Invidia v2 bellmouth downpipe
    Pioneer Avic-D3 w/ CD-I200 Ipod cable & CD-R55 remote

Vez
    From my limited knowledge, it should be a driver's race. I thought the newer S4s were comparable to the WRX and the RS4 was comparable to the STI. Is that a fair comparison or am I way off?

HALO 3 FTW!
    ...almost have the katana!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

that is a fair comparison.i used to own an audi and the tunes for these cars do a lot. like i said if he's tuned and w/ an exhaust,it should be a very very good race. but if he's stock.you have nothing to worry about.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#105
    2007 WR Blue Subaru WRX STI
    mods- 3in.catless T/B exhaust,(Fujitsubo Super T1 axle/bac,InvidiaV2catless D/P)untuned, 18x8.5 gunmetal Work Emotion CR's wrapped in 235/40/18 General Exclaims',blacked out headlights,Chargespeed front lip,Tein S.Techs,Grimmspeed TGV Deleates,65mm APS cold air intake,3in Agency Power turbo inlet pipe, NGK step colder spark plugs,Cusco oil-catch can,APS dual vent bov,AEM methanol injection kit,255l Walbro fuel pump

No matter what, just remember: Its is OK to lose.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

If it is a APR chipped S4 you will loose. See the timeslip. I got a great launch but he caught me and passed. Chip only.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...10#post1997310
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez_ View Post
    If it is a APR chipped S4 you will loose. See the timeslip. I got a great launch but he caught me and passed. Chip only.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...10#post1997310
    Um....I wouldn't call a 13.4 something to write home to momma about. A stage 2 rex can easily top this with a decent driver.

Race him. Stop the magazine racing
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Um....I wouldn't call a 13.4 something to write home to momma about. A stage 2 rex can easily top this with a decent driver.

Race him. Stop the magazine racing
    Um...do you see his 60ft and his trap speed? He bogged the launch and still managed a 13.4. If he had a decent launch he could easily get into the high 12's.
    So, yeah, I say race him and see, but be realistic about your chances.

Oh, and my time is about average for stage 2. Though it can be done, there arent a lot of people getting much better...
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

I Support ClubWRX
    sorry...my wasn't directed at you per se. I just get tired of all of the woulda, could, shoulda stuff that comes out when folks start bench racing. For instance, even with the time slip you posted of your brother's S4, proof right in front of our eyes, you are saying stuff that is basically woulda, coulda, shoulda. I'm more about did, done, finished

For instance, I can easily rip off low 13 sec slips on a stage 2 WRX with a good clutch. But that doesn't mean everyone can or that I always do so. Just like your brother in his S4. Maybe his clutch can't handle a full launch and thus, he will always bog.

Point is, none of it means a thing until the rubber hits the road.

I remember being at the track against an S4 supposedly chipped, exhaust, and some sort of head work. Very arrogant owner. After ripping him a new one down the track, it was all "I bogged, look at my trap", etc. I won though, and yet he was still back there bench racing...even after it was just proven to him that my car was faster in the quarter.

To the OP, again...go race him and stop the insanity
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 10-12-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

The only S4 I saw at the track had a chip and exhaust. Mid 13s with a consistent 104-105 trap. A normal stg. 2 WRX won't ge that high.

Be sure to start from a dig...
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

Weight...weight...weight..that audi is heavy as hell..but still no slouch..my buddy has an 02 s4..we run often...he is always in my rearview...it opens up nice on the highway though...he also has an automatic...makes a big difference...the 6 spd's are a tad quicker.

Is it true though that since my buddies s4 is auto..that he doesn't loose boost in between shifts so he should be quicker after the intial dig since he doesn't have to rebuild boost after each shift??? talking tenths of a second but still..is it true?

I think it is pretty unanimous--

go from a dig if he isnt modded and you can drive, you got it.

even a well modded 1.8t will leave a stg2 WRX in the dust when it comes to top end.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxdude View Post
    Weight...weight...weight..that audi is heavy as hell..but still no slouch..my buddy has an 02 s4..we run often...he is always in my rearview...it opens up nice on the highway though...he also has an automatic...makes a big difference...the 6 spd's are a tad quicker.

Is it true though that since my buddies s4 is auto..that he doesn't loose boost in between shifts so he should be quicker after the intial dig since he doesn't have to rebuild boost after each shift??? talking tenths of a second but still..is it true?
    Hop in his car and watch the boost gauge. He doesn't need to lift his foot from the throttle when the AT changes gears, but that isn't all there is to it. The AT is going to have shift points to deal with, and generally an auto has less available gears than a manual. The shift points can be changed, but the differint ratios cannot.

Now if it's an DSG type gearbox, then you have the best of both worlds, as they typically have the proper number of gears, and in the case of the new Audi TT, can shift gears in 2 hundreths of a second. How much power these transmissions can take.....? They tend to weigh almost double the weight of a manual. Using two computer controlled clutches instead of a torque converter(as found in a typical AT) results in less parasitic loss as compared to an AT.
    Last edited by Micah; 10-13-2007 at 03:17 PM.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12