Runs with 2007 381hp Tundra
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Runs with 2007 381hp Tundra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Has anyone had any runs with a new tundra sounds like it maybe a close race stock for stock (not ...

Runs with 2007 381hp Tundra

Has anyone had any runs with a new tundra sounds like it maybe a close race stock for stock (not STI)..

some regular cabs have ran low 14s at high 90smph stock....for a full size 4X4 stock truck thats not bad...
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I want one. I got a ride in an extended cab version with the top-of-the-line V8 and I was very impressed.

If I was in the market for something larger and more utility based I would seriously consider one along side with the FXT, Trailblazer SS and SRT8 Jeep.

My friends RSX-S got beat by a new Tundra V8 with exhaust upto ~ 80mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

There are plenty of Dodge Ram regular cabs running low 14s with nothing but a programmer. Give 'em headers (like the Tundras have stock) & exhaust and a $300 cam and they're in the 13s, and that's before they're sprayed.

The Tundra is nice mechanically. I couldn't live with the interior, particularly the split-personality dash. Gimme my Ram and the $10k+ savings and I'm happy.

The performance is close enough that I wouldn't back down from a Tundra if they wanted to play, assuming it was a quad cab 4x4 like my Dodge. My programmer / intake should even the field nicely.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Banned
    I don't know but I am in love with the new Tacoma's as well

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    There are plenty of Dodge Ram regular cabs running low 14s with nothing but a programmer. Give 'em headers (like the Tundras have stock) & exhaust and a $300 cam and they're in the 13s, and that's before they're sprayed.

The Tundra is nice mechanically. I couldn't live with the interior, particularly the split-personality dash. Gimme my Ram and the $10k+ savings and I'm happy.

The performance is close enough that I wouldn't back down from a Tundra if they wanted to play, assuming it was a quad cab 4x4 like my Dodge. My programmer / intake should even the field nicely.
    Yeah, its getting common for trucks to be as quick as standard cars now. The Nissan Titan has been seen hitting mid 14's completely stock as well.
    My dad has a Ram double-cab 4X4 with headers, ecu, intake, full exhaust, and lift and its pretty quick. Granted, it's not about to touch my stage2 wrx, but for a truck it has good pickup.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I've driven almost a half million miles in all sorts of Ram's workin for Skip... mostly Cummins and I can say the ride and comfort is night and day in the Tundra... They drive like a Camry.. Except with 381 HP and 401 torque I've done about 15,000 miles this year towing 7-10K lbs, working the http://www.toyota.com/tundraproveit/ shows, and about 25,000 miles unloaded. Where the Tundra starts at, imagine if you do the same to it as the Ram.. or.. for abit more $$$$ the TRD supercharger..

ALso.. NO ram except the SRT 10 will do what these tundras are capable of.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=0nGqjXfgfSg All the pace trucks have are TRD products, springs, rear sway, 22 in wheels to clear the 16" 6 piston caliper brakes

I ran one at my track a while ago. He was running consistent 14.7's. All stock with little more than 1k on the ticker. He was just there to see what it would do as a baseline. Neat trucks.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

well trading my WRX in for a new tundra 5 months ago was a sad day...the stg II that was on it definitely made it feel faster than the tundra but with the WRX back to stock the tundra feels just as fast…. As of right now there are no programmers available for the tundra and when the supercharger comes out it will cost close to $5,000 for only 100 hp…$50 for each hp seems alittle steep.
    COBB stg II

Your basic mods won't do as much in the new Tundra because it's already highly optimized from the factory. You may gain a few hp from an intake becuase most of us are more willing to live with noise in exchange for max power where factory NVH engineers want it all gone.

I'd be skeptical of any gains from exhaust work since the thing already comes with headers. I doubt you'll ever see a programmer or chip for them because have you ever seen one for any other Toyota vehicle?

All supercharger kits cost $5k. I'm convinced this is because it's an "accepted" figure, not that they're actually worth nearly this much. Moving from 400 to 500 hp is a big jump and most people wanting to do so will be willing to pony up the cash.

The most interesting news about that engine is that it'll also be found in the Lexus SUV that's based on the 4Runner. That means you *could* have a 380hp 4Runner, already avaialble with 275hp / AWD / 5spd auto, if Toyota decides to make it available. That could be an fun ride.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Your basic mods won't do as much in the new Tundra because it's already highly optimized from the factory. You may gain a few hp from an intake becuase most of us are more willing to live with noise in exchange for max power where factory NVH engineers want it all gone.

I'd be skeptical of any gains from exhaust work since the thing already comes with headers. I doubt you'll ever see a programmer or chip for them because have you ever seen one for any other Toyota vehicle?

All supercharger kits cost $5k. I'm convinced this is because it's an "accepted" figure, not that they're actually worth nearly this much. Moving from 400 to 500 hp is a big jump and most people wanting to do so will be willing to pony up the cash.

The most interesting news about that engine is that it'll also be found in the Lexus SUV that's based on the 4Runner. That means you *could* have a 380hp 4Runner, already avaialble with 275hp / AWD / 5spd auto, if Toyota decides to make it available. That could be an fun ride.
    that is the very saddening thing i have come to realize...i could easily spend $2k on exhaust, headers, intake, and a programmer when it comes out and maybe just maybe i might get an extra 25 hp out of it...unlike my old wrx that needed a downpipe and a reflash for under 1k and and get 50hp increase... i guess if i really wanted a vehicle like that i should have bought a turbo diesel of some sort
    COBB stg II

i bet you could do some kind of propane or meth kit on that truck, get some nice gains with it.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

Quote Originally Posted by jugger View Post
    that is the very saddening thing i have come to realize...i could easily spend $2k on exhaust, headers, intake, and a programmer when it comes out and maybe just maybe i might get an extra 25 hp out of it...unlike my old wrx that needed a downpipe and a reflash for under 1k and and get 50hp increase... i guess if i really wanted a vehicle like that i should have bought a turbo diesel of some sort
    Exhaust and programmer could probably get you into low-mid14's which is pretty damn impressive for a lightly modded full-size truck IMO.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by jma_1000 View Post
    i bet you could do some kind of propane or meth kit on that truck, get some nice gains with it.

You mean lighting a propane fire under the ass of a meth addict who is pushing the truck?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    You mean lighting a propane fire under the ass of a meth addict who is pushing the truck?
    Yeah.. that's what I go out of that convo too...

My Father's F350 King Ranch is faster than snot with just a programmer and full exhaust... Takes many passenger cars to the bank. (still can't touch the sinister subaru though )
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by jma_1000 View Post

i thought those kits were for diesel engines
    COBB stg II

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast