Runs with 2007 381hp Tundra - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Runs with 2007 381hp Tundra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21324818?GT1=10450 I am not going to get into this argument, but I think a Chevy or Ford truck will get ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21324818?GT1=10450

I am not going to get into this argument, but I think a Chevy or Ford truck will get the job done better than a Toyota. Sure the Toyota is faster and has more HP, but that is all it has on a CHevy or Ford truck IMO.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

and thats why its great to live in this country.... freedom of choice
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21324818?GT1=10450

I am not going to get into this argument, but I think a Chevy or Ford truck will get the job done better than a Toyota. Sure the Toyota is faster and has more HP, but that is all it has on a CHevy or Ford truck IMO.
    Let us not forget better braking, better handling, better gas mileage and the tow capacity is really not that much less.

It's not really an argument unless you make it one. Your personal preference is of no real concern to me, but data backs up the fact that the Toyota is superior is a relative majority of discernable aspects.

That does not make it an argument, your decision to support the purchase of a Ford/Chevy dispite the data (which makes it based solely on personal preference) would.
    And of course, you're always entitled to your own opinion but let us review all the facts first without making blanket statements.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Let us not forget better braking, better handling, better gas mileage and the tow capacity is really not that much less.

It's not really an argument unless you make it one. Your personal preference is of no real concern to me, but data backs up the fact that the Toyota is superior is a relative majority of discernable aspects.

That does not make it an argument, your decision to support the purchase of a Ford/Chevy dispite the data (which makes it based solely on personal preference) would.
    And of course, you're always entitled to your own opinion but let us review all the facts first without making blanket statements.
    But you forget important things like the frame and axels and even lift gates , which the American trucks have the Toyota beat on.

After all, even Toyota uses a Chevy to haul their race trucks, not a Toyota. So I am sure the domestics are doing something right.

I don't want to get into a pointless argument about this as I said before, I was just pointing out that the Toyota isn't as reliable as you automatically believed, just because it was a Toyota. Take it for what it is.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

My dad bought an 08 Tundra earlier this year. It is a single cab standard bed. The truck is an absolute behemoth. Mom drives an F250 quad cab and sitting next to one and other in the drive way they appear to be about the same width. After pestering the guys at TRD they said they have released the parts #'s for the TRD superchargers both HP and TQ figures are supposed to be around the mid 500's for hp and high 500 low 600 for the torque figures. I take it he wants to get one because he's been bothering me consistently to find out when you can actually buy the piece from TRD. As for the way the pickup drives its amazing it has a 6 A/T so you can be doing 70 mph on the freeway @ about 1500 rpm. The truck is no slouch either it pulls really well. I have driven other pick ups and they don't quite live up to this one. My only gripe about the truck is the traction control system takes some getting used to. All in all I think its the new performance benchmark for trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ...lostwrx View Post
    My dad bought an 08 Tundra earlier this year. It is a single cab standard bed. The truck is an absolute behemoth. Mom drives an F250 quad cab and sitting next to one and other in the drive way they appear to be about the same width. After pestering the guys at TRD they said they have released the parts #'s for the TRD superchargers both HP and TQ figures are supposed to be around the mid 500's for hp and high 500 low 600 for the torque figures. I take it he wants to get one because he's been bothering me consistently to find out when you can actually buy the piece from TRD. As for the way the pickup drives its amazing it has a 6 A/T so you can be doing 70 mph on the freeway @ about 1500 rpm. The truck is no slouch either it pulls really well. I have driven other pick ups and they don't quite live up to this one. My only gripe about the truck is the traction control system takes some getting used to. All in all I think its the new performance benchmark for trucks.
    yeah i hate the traction control when i want to get on it hard....have you figured out how to turn it off completely yet??? if not heres how>>> while stopped hit the button once and hold it in for at least 3 seconds and when all the nanny lights turn on release the button.... after that punch the go petal watch 5000 miles of rubber disappear into smoke off both of the back tires. hitting the button once and releasing it right away only partially disables it
    COBB stg II

Actually... hitting it once COMPLETELY turns off the TC and enables the ALSD. Holding it down defeats the VSC as well as the TC... In an 07 disabling the VSC ALSO disenables the ALSD. In an 08 the ALSD still functions with the VSC turned off..

while walking out of class tonight a friend and i decided to go out and line up on a road with no one on it

me= completely stock
    him= 6.6L with edge programmer fully turned up

first run we both hit it at the same time...i immediately jumped a half truck up to 30mph and slowly walked away with him a half truck behind my rear bumper at 75mph where we stayed even until 100mph

next couple of runs were at 30mph where he was in his sweet and the right gear where i just left it in D
    the result was him getting a half car jump and just staying there ahead of me until 100mph

overall i was happy with the outcome and he was impressed with how fast the tundra was stock
    Edit/Delete Message
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by jugger View Post
    while walking out of class tonight a friend and i decided to go out and line up on a road with no one on it

me= completely stock
    him= 6.6L with edge programmer fully turned up

first run we both hit it at the same time...i immediately jumped a half truck up to 30mph and slowly walked away with him a half truck behind my rear bumper at 75mph where we stayed even until 100mph

next couple of runs were at 30mph where he was in his sweet and the right gear where i just left it in D
    the result was him getting a half car jump and just staying there ahead of me until 100mph

overall i was happy with the outcome and he was impressed with how fast the tundra was stock
    Edit/Delete Message

6.6L what?

Good run though. I wonder what the outcome would be if your Tundra had a tuned ECU.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

sorry it was a 6.6L Duramax Diesel GMC
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by jugger View Post
    sorry it was a 6.6L Duramax Diesel GMC
    What year is the GMC? My neighbor has a 2004 Chevy 3/4-ton with the Duramax Diesel (not sure of the engine size), but it is made by Izusu. I was just curious of the newer GM Diesels are still built by Izusu...

I am not sure who makes the engine but his was a 2006
    COBB stg II

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234