Runs with 2007 381hp Tundra - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Runs with 2007 381hp Tundra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sinister There are 6 levels of boost you can dial in with the click of a button. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    There are 6 levels of boost you can dial in with the click of a button.

I put it on "Extreme Mode" and I was spinning the 325 wide 65 tall 20" rimmed tires on that bad boy through all of first, and a bit into 2nd.
    You own one?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    You own one?
    Drove to my parents house from Cali this last week and stayed with them. After I put my WRX into storage I had to borrow his truck a few times. It's my dad's. I get the speed freak gene from him. He's owned corvettes as long as I can remember. I was brought home from the hospital in one.

That truck is so sick though. And the interior is amazing. Leather thicker than a baseball glove.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

well i guess it was only a matter of time before a new tundra broke into the 13s....its a regular cab here is the video>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWbRxUpDJ_c&NR=1
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by jugger View Post
    well i guess it was only a matter of time before a new tundra broke into the 13s....its a regular cab here is the video>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWbRxUpDJ_c&NR=1
    Mods on that truck?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Intake and flowmasters.

I'm sure that eventually I'll run into a 4x4 Tundra that'll want to tangle with my Ram. I'll see how close it actually is. Of course I'm not stock, but my intake & Superchips programmer should make up the power difference nicely.

Evenaully some long tube headers and an electric fan will open things up more, with the final mod being a new cam (only ~ $350ish) and valve springs. That'll take me over 400 crank hp with 100% stock reliability.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Wait, so that Tundra hit 13's with only intake and flowmasters?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Wait, so that Tundra hit 13's with only intake and flowmasters?
    yes sir....funny thing is i found that posted on the titan forum>>>> http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/show...ghlight=tundra

i have always loved the rams and even more so the last few years...i have a friend with one and he loves it....all except the gas mileage (10-13mpg).... it was a tough choice between the ram, new chevy and the tundra.... but you can see what i went with...even happy with the gas mileage at 18mpg in mixed city/country driving
    COBB stg II

here's a video of a 4 cylinder tacoma racing a sti. http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=100428
    it seems toyota just released the TRD supercharger for the 4.0L Tacoma too.
    Last edited by Damien83; 10-29-2007 at 09:07 PM.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

Damn, these toyota trucks are kicking ass!

At least now I know that if I need a truck I can get something reliable and still pretty damn quick. Not to mention the toyota trucks handle pretty well with basic suspension stuff.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
    ALso.. NO ram except the SRT 10 will do what these tundras are capable of.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=0nGqjXfgfSg All the pace trucks have are TRD products, springs, rear sway, 22 in wheels to clear the 16" 6 piston caliper brakes
    did not find that race in the least bit impressive..sorry
    "Whatever it takes"

Damn, these toyota trucks are kicking ass!

At least now I know that if I need a truck I can get something reliable and still pretty damn quick. Not to mention the toyota trucks handle pretty well with basic suspension stuff.

The V8 Tundras are not that reliable, even their water carriers at Consumer Reports have downgraded their ratings, along with the new V6 Camries.

If you want a fast truck, get a Lightning (and can tow up to 5000 lbs) or a SRT-10. If you want a truck to haul, get a diesel Chebby or Ford.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

its true....because of a small bad batch of cam shafts around 20 new 5.7 motors grenaded...thus forcing CR to post domestic reliability ratings.
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by jugger View Post
    its true....because of a small bad batch of cam shafts around 20 new 5.7 motors grenaded...thus forcing CR to post domestic reliability ratings.
    I don't think that was the only reason, that problem was not a big enough issue to cause them to downgrade Toyota's rating.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

If you're comparing a toyota's reliability against a ford or chevy that seems silly to me. According to consumer reports, ford and chevy have pretty poor reliability even the diesel models. The other issue the Tundras have besides the crankshaft is some of them have a problem with the bed both of which are fixed under warranty. As much as they may have downgraded the Tundra or Camry, I doubt it's as bad as ford or chevy.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
    If you're comparing a toyota's reliability against a ford or chevy that seems silly to me. According to consumer reports, ford and chevy have pretty poor reliability even the diesel models. The other issue the Tundras have besides the crankshaft is some of them have a problem with the bed both of which are fixed under warranty. As much as they may have downgraded the Tundra or Camry, I doubt it's as bad as ford or chevy.
    I agree to an extent.... Toyota's trucks are still quite reliable in regards to the truck market.

However, I have heard very good things about Fords larger trucks.
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.