stg 2 sti vs 6.0 gto....

This is a discussion on stg 2 sti vs 6.0 gto.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I haven't been to the track in a while, i usually don't race on the street, but I was ...

stg 2 sti vs 6.0 gto....

So I haven't been to the track in a while, i usually don't race on the street, but I was rolling to a stoplight and already the guy in the blue GTO stopped at the light was revving.... There was no traffic in front of us, straight road ina 45mph zone...maybe not the smartest but I took the bait. Light turned green and of course I bogged, but he did too..... soooo I bogged less badly apparently b/c I was up 1/4 car when boost hit. Banged a perfect 1-2, he was at my bumper by the end of 2nd. I hit 3rd, only went till about 70. When i let off, just behind my rear bumper. The kid in his passenger side was just staring at me as he went into the next left turn lane. Felt pretty good, even thoguh I know it was dumb.... I know it was a 6spd, looked pretty stock, and I know the kid couldn't drive (how do you bog a 6.0L?), but even soooo, got the adrenaline going!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good stuff
    thoes gto's are kinda heavy
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Yeah, and the driver looked fatter than me!!! But his passenger was a skinny sob....haha

Quote Originally Posted by 05Wagon View Post
    Yeah, and the driver looked fatter than me!!! But his passenger was a skinny sob....haha
    well just be careful
    try not to break the law to much
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

They sound pretty nice. (6.0L) Nice run.

He probably bogged by not slipping the clutch enough, but then again with 6.0 shouldn't really matter that much lol.

He was probably afraid of launching too hard and destroying his IRS. That is definately a driver's race on the street, so you were the the better driver of the two of you. Good kill.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

good run man. Deff a drivers race, and you came out on top

uke
    wheel hop is a pain with the IRS in the goat. My one outing at the track wasn't pretty, as I was hopping all over the place.

Also, giving too much gas = roasting tires, not helpful in a race.

It's an art I'm still learning myself.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    He was probably afraid of launching too hard and destroying his IRS. That is definately a driver's race on the street, so you were the the better driver of the two of you. Good kill.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

alex? what is he left the tcs on? answer, the reason he wasnt catching you after 40mph and the reason for a bogged launch. cant go no where when the rear brakes are being applyed. ok so it wasnt as funny as it was in head. anyway. but with 400hp on tap and traps in stock form reaching 110. i would think he would of caught up. either way thats why any thing can happen on the street. ne time slips?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    alex? what is he left the tcs on? answer, the reason he wasnt catching you after 40mph and the reason for a bogged launch. cant go no where when the rear brakes are being applyed. ok so it wasnt as funny as it was in head. anyway. but with 400hp on tap and traps in stock form reaching 110. i would think he would of caught up. either way thats why any thing can happen on the street. ne time slips?

As for the race, nice kill. Though I imagine you probably would've gotten somewhat spanked if the guy had been a better driver.
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 11-01-2007 at 01:57 PM. Reason: EDIT by the mods

Quote Originally Posted by ismegamanthere View Post
    As for the race, nice kill. Though I imagine you probably would've gotten somewhat spanked if the guy had been a better driver.
    Not with a Stg. 2 STI...they can trap in the 109 range. That's far from spanking distance for a 6.0 GTO...
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

Quote Originally Posted by vortmax View Post
    Not with a Stg. 2 STI...they can trap in the 109 range. That's far from spanking distance for a 6.0 GTO...
    Really? Damn, I take that back.