stage 1 '07 wrx vs. stage 1 2005.5 audi a4 2.0T

This is a discussion on stage 1 '07 wrx vs. stage 1 2005.5 audi a4 2.0T within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an 07 wrx with cobb's AP stage 1 93. I finally got to go for a drive with ...

stage 1 '07 wrx vs. stage 1 2005.5 audi a4 2.0T

I have an 07 wrx with cobb's AP stage 1 93. I finally got to go for a drive with my buddy and his 2005.5 audi a4 2.0T 6 speed with an APR stage 1 chip tuned to 250 hp, 300 ft/lb at the crank. We found a two lane, pulled even, and did a roll from 1st gear (I was at about 3 grand). I immediately pulled ahead by half a car and continued to pull through 2nd and 3rd. He was impressed at how fast I was, and complained about how heavy his car was. Anybody ever ran into an a4 that was quick?
    2007 UGM WRX TR
    COBB Stage 2 - Helix catted dp + stock catback
    I'm gona need brake pads soon..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you have a 2.5 liter torque monster compared to a 2.0 audi. are you/him really that surprised? is your trunk completely shaved? i know the 06/07 trunks have 2 holes in it for the badge. also looks like the lock cylinder on the trunk is gone as well. you swap to an 04/05 trunk or have the holes filled in?

nice run ... not supprised
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Good run... sounds about right.

If he gets a tbe and retunes that ecu for stage2 he could probably hang with you pretty well from a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

well, I wasnt surprised with the win - I knew my car was much, much lighter and probably had a bit more at the wheels. I think my buddy was just a little disappointed with his performance...he spent about a grand for his tuning and also a whole lot more for his car.

I assume you're talking about my avatar...its just a photoshop with the trunk shaved like that. My actual trunk still has the subie badge as well as the "WRX" badge, and the keyhole. I love the clean trunk look though!
    2007 UGM WRX TR
    COBB Stage 2 - Helix catted dp + stock catback
    I'm gona need brake pads soon..

Yeah, if your friend wants to get the most out of his car, tell him to invest in a tbe, intake, and a new tune... and if he has the money, a better i/c.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Good run... sounds about right.

If he gets a tbe and retunes that ecu for stage2 he could probably hang with you pretty well from a roll.
    so what if the audi had tbe, intake, and chip for stage 2 and the wrx added a downpipe and flash, who would win?

Quote Originally Posted by p01ntb1ank View Post
    so what if the audi had tbe, intake, and chip for stage 2 and the wrx added a downpipe and flash, who would win?
    Given equal driver skill the wrx should walk all over it.
    Just call me Clark Kent

For less than a grand, get a tbe and flash stg 2. Then you will continue to own him...

Going from stg1 to stg2 is an amazing difference. I dyno'd 222hp and 278 ft lb at the wheels w/ a similar setup.

I was considering trading my wrx in the other wk for an 07 STi, but with the cash I have in my car and
    big increase in monthly payout, I decided not to (yet). When I really thought about it, a stg2 wrx is not that bad of a performer, plus I know my car is cherry and well maintained.
    Last edited by Pavia; 10-10-2007 at 02:32 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    For less than a grand, get a tbe and flash stg 2. Then you will continue to own him...

Going from stg1 to stg2 is an amazing difference. I dyno'd 222hp and 278 ft lb at the wheels w/ a similar setup.

I was considering trading my wrx in the other wk for an 07 STi, but with the cash I have in my car and
    big increase in monthly payout, I decided not to (yet). When I really thought about it, a stg2 wrx is not that bad of a performer, plus I know my car is cherry and well maintained.
    All good and rational points for keeping your wrx... but you still cannot compare it to the STi.
    My wrx is running beefed up brakes, suspension, tires, power mods, etc... and sadly the STi still feels SO much better to drive
    Just call me Clark Kent

All good and rational points for keeping your wrx... but you still cannot compare it to the STi.
    My wrx is running beefed up brakes, suspension, tires, power mods, etc... and sadly the STi still feels SO much better to drive
    Next year, if they come out with a new STi SEDAN (say after the hatchback thing is spent) or if there are still 07 STi's available, I will rip off the mods and trade my WRX up for an STi.

One thing I learned was the dealership didn't give a crap about the add-ons. The only thing they asked about was a BOV (which I would never do).
    But, the $8K in primo suspension, audio, exhaust, tires, and rims didn't change the trade-in value at all. That's why I put it off. Plus, I still have a 12 sec (high) Goat if I want to go crazy.

BTW... The 8K includes some bad decisions that are still sitting in my garage (ie, Konig Hotswap rims)
    Last edited by Pavia; 10-10-2007 at 05:07 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    STI was just a different car.. definitely more powerful feel. I commute 35 miles each way per day in Vermont. I couldn't see that commute in the STI - it was real rough feeling. The WRX (stock) is calmer and more comfortable - at least the 07 models anyway.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett