Edmunds Video: '08 WRX vs. '07 MS3
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Edmunds Video: '08 WRX vs. '07 MS3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anyone seen this video? I wasn't surprised. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6PGMi89qRo...

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar

Edmunds Video: '08 WRX vs. '07 MS3

Anyone seen this video? I wasn't surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6PGMi89qRo
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same here, the MS3 is nice, and better looking than the new WRX.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

The most disappointing attribute of the new WRX (besides the looks) is the same old weak trans. I know it's only a $25k car but I would have never bought it had I did my research. I crashed my VW, needed something ASAP and was always a fan of the WRX. Thought the smarter move would be new WRX over used STI. I was mistaken, oh well.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah,that trans is pathetic..
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

...the 08' has 224hp stock??...thats 6hp less than the '07 wrx and 3hp less than the bugeyes...the '08 has sadly decreased our moral ...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    ...the 08' has 224hp stock??...thats 6hp less than the '07 wrx and 3hp less than the bugeyes...the '08 has sadly decreased our moral ...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    The new SAE horsepower rating standards have changed. They must factor in additional accessories (e.g. - A/C, heat, power steering, etc.) into the equation. The 2.5L is generally the same as the '06/07's but there are a few changes mainly in the fuel map. Same peak HP is reached at lower RPM's.

FYI: EPA MPG rating standards have also changed.
    2006 Panty Dropper

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    The new SAE horsepower rating standards have changed. They must factor in additional accessories (e.g. - A/C, heat, power steering, etc.) into the equation. The 2.5L is generally the same as the '06/07's but there are a few changes mainly in the fuel map. Same peak HP is reached at lower RPM's.

FYI: EPA MPG rating standards have also changed.
    ...oh ok, sounds reasonable...well the '08 still has sadly decreased our moral because of it's int./ext. appearance...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    ...oh ok, sounds reasonable...well the '08 still has sadly decreased our moral because of it's int./ext. appearance...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Speak for yourself. I like a number of aspects about both the interior and exterior of the 2008 model.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Speak for yourself. I like a number of aspects about both the interior and exterior of the 2008 model.
    ...still doesn't exceed the ms3...I really don't care much about interior to be frank...but the '08's exterior is a no-no, imo...especially the rearlights...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

im sorry but AWD > FWD. I wouldnt touch another FWD. If it snows or rains where you live you need AWD.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 10-01-2007 at 06:56 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    im sorry but AWD > FWD. I wouldnt touch another FWD. If it snows or rains where you live you need AWD.
    +1

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 10-01-2007 at 06:57 PM.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    I wouldn't say you "need" AWD, even in the snow FWD will suffice. In fact, it's much harder to regain control in the rain/snow in an AWD car than a FWD/RWD car (obviously you're less likely loose control with AWD). However, I completely agree and I personally prefer AWD simply because of the launch advantage. If it didn't snow so much up here I'd get a RWD in a heartbeat.
    2006 Panty Dropper

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I wouldn't say you "need" AWD, even in the snow FWD will suffice.
    I had an RSX, it sucked in the snow. More than an inch and it was dangerous to drive. I actually had to launch it up my driveway once only to get stuck half way up due to ice.

My WRX? Bombs through anything. Hell in parking lots i look for the spot w/ the most snow and then park ontop of the snow drift.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

i think edmunds just hates all subaru's... they never give em any good rateings and AWD>FWD any day even in fl
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Banned
    This is crap!!!! Some go shoot a subaru engineer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast