Edmunds Video: '08 WRX vs. '07 MS3 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Edmunds Video: '08 WRX vs. '07 MS3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex This was about MS3 vs WRX. Why has it become 2 pages of the wrx's ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    This was about MS3 vs WRX.

Why has it become 2 pages of the wrx's interior and tranny
    I blame Trainrex.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

like i said, i work for Mazda. And recently the Mazdaspeed3 has had a manditory recall due to emissions. Which has resulted in a lose of power for the MS3.

so this most likely means that the 2008 WRX is now faster, if that matter to you.
    2econd2none Performance

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    like i said, i work for Mazda. And recently the Mazdaspeed3 has had a manditory recall due to emissions. Which has resulted in a lose of power for the MS3.

so this most likely means that the 2008 WRX is now faster, if that matter to you.
    All MS3's were recalled due to emissions? Interesting.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    All MS3's were recalled due to emissions? Interesting.
    +1
    I'd be interested in hearing more about that. It IS relevant to the thread.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Here's the only relevant info I found. Looks like they don't have any performance numbers for the new Reflash.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3417495
    Quote Originally Posted by MS3Chik
    check engine light
    the monitor function used to detect short fuel trim maximum threshold stategy is inoperative due to the lack of this monitor function the obd system is not capable of detecting the malfunction that causes the adaptive control exceeded.
    and:
    due to the variety of friction between the variable swril shutter valve and position switch the shutter valve actuator may not be able to fully drepress the position switch. this is especially true during cold ambient temps and will cause the malfunction indicator light to illuminate.
    EDIT : Oh yea, I wanted to point out that the MS3 is Mazda's top-of-the-line go fast compact car, while the WRX is Subaru's Middle of the line compact. Mazda went all out on the 3, while Subaru held back because it had to appeal to a broader market.
    Later Subaru can go all out on the STI. I know the STI is a lot more expensive, and a different market, but, that's where the Subaru Badge shines brightest on the track.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 10-03-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok_60 View Post
    Oh, the weekness of the stock tranny in the wrx can be fixed pretty easily with a stage 1 or two clutch. And while you have the tranny out you might as well put in a light waight fly wheel. I did both to my rs and it was solid after words.
    Ummmm....

Wouldn't upgrading the clutch, meaning the clutch holds better, therefor transferring power to the transmission, thus increasing the chance that you'd tear teeth off a gear from the upgraded power?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ummmm....

Wouldn't upgrading the clutch, meaning the clutch holds better, therefor transferring power to the transmission, thus increasing the chance that you'd tear teeth off a gear from the upgraded power?
    Yeah, I started to say something right after he posted, then decided it wasn't worth the effort.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

From what I've read in that mazdas247.com thread, there has been ALOT of recalls: engine mount recall, numerous reflashes (one mainly in discussion is the emissions recall) to the PCM on the MS3, MS6 and CX7...

It may only pertain to CA emissions regulations, from what I read on page 2? Regardless, it looks like there were several different recalls. Recalls suck.

My brother almost bought an MS3, and dared to toy with the thought of test driving teh f4st4rrr Caliber SRT-4. He hated both, bought a temporary beater, an '88 4WD S-10 and now we're looking for a compatible (late 80's - early 90's) LS series V8 and doing teh all-mighty swap. I think he made a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ummmm....

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yeah, I started to say something right after he posted, then decided it wasn't worth the effort.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure this whole forum felt the same way. It would take way too much effort to make right out of all that post's wrong.
    Last edited by farBeyondDriven; 10-03-2007 at 02:07 PM.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

dont worry it looks like were in the same boat here at camp fasterorsxz!!!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=122859

i dont which is more of a dissapointing follow up the new wrx or the srt4. ill go with the srt4.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure this whole forum felt the same way. It would take way too much effort to make right out of all that post's wrong.
    You're right...I just had to say something because it was just so blatently wrong...

It was summed up earlier perfectly with: fail.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Edmunds.com
    Then there's the torque steer. The tear-the-wheel-from-your-hands-with-the-violence-to-snap-knuckles torque steer.

Don't misunderstand. We know that any front-driver making this much power is going to suffer some torque-influenced directional challenges, but — trust us on this one — this is crazy.
    Haha, sounds like torque steer coulddddddd be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    dont worry it looks like were in the same boat here at camp fasterorsxz!!!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=122859

i dont which is more of a dissapointing follow up the new wrx or the srt4. ill go with the srt4.
    I definitely do not like the new WRX but I wouldn't go that far. I would say the new WRX looks "bland" and the Caliber SRT-4 looks horrific AND handles like a yacht. As of yesterday I would possibly prefer the MS3 over them (actually, I probably wouldn't I don't like hatches), but then I heard today about the nice little handful of recalls that come standard. New WRX looks like the best option. Personally, I'll wait for the new mid-level turbo Lancer if it's AWD or the Evo X.
    Last edited by farBeyondDriven; 10-03-2007 at 04:08 PM.
    2006 Panty Dropper

Banned
    Moron #11
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 10-05-2007 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post

EDIT : Oh yea, I wanted to point out that the MS3 is Mazda's top-of-the-line go fast compact car, while the WRX is Subaru's Middle of the line compact. Mazda went all out on the 3, while Subaru held back because it had to appeal to a broader market.
    Later Subaru can go all out on the STI. I know the STI is a lot more expensive, and a different market, but, that's where the Subaru Badge shines brightest on the track.
    People are much more prone to classify cars by price rather than where the car stands in the companies product line.

Comparing the MS3 and the WRX makes sense... Which is why every magazine does it that way. Comparing the MS3 and the STi would be retarded.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

For me, its really about bang for buck. MS3 takes the cake in this cat and mouse game. Subaru still hasnt stepped it up in price competetiveness, the looks have really turned me off a lot, and I'll take the stock handling of MS3 over the WRX. If I had a choice right now, it'd probably be the MS3.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

Quote Originally Posted by CaRboNaDo View Post
    For me, its really about bang for buck. MS3 takes the cake in this cat and mouse game. Subaru still hasnt stepped it up in price competetiveness, the looks have really turned me off a lot, and I'll take the stock handling of MS3 over the WRX. If I had a choice right now, it'd probably be the MS3.
    word
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast