06 stg.2 wrx vs M3 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 06 stg.2 wrx vs M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MengHang To me they all look the same. How do you tell a E46 from a E36?? ...

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    To me they all look the same. How do you tell a E46 from a E36?? exhaust? cooler??? bodykit??
    if your on crack u cant tell the difference, thats like saying how do you tell the difference betwn a 02 wrx and a 08.

e46 looks much bigger in person. Idk how you can mistake them.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    To me they all look the same. How do you tell a E46 from a E36?? exhaust? cooler??? bodykit??
    They're just different. How do you not tell the difference? lol
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    They don't respond very well to n/a mods at all. The car wasn't so much "fast" as it was just perfectly balanced. At best it was probably running mid 13's @ 105 with the intake, full exhaust, light-weight wheels, and ecu tuning.
    My stage2 + protune wrx has beaten it. However, the balance of the power, the feedback the car gives, and the handling just made it an incredibly enjoyable driving experience.

+1.
    I love the E46, but there is just something about the E36 that I love. I still regret to this day not just putting up with the maintenance and buying one over my bugeye.

An E36 with bolt on's, tune, full suspension, and wheels is one helluva nice car. Great blend of sport and luxury in a solid feeling Euro package.
    I still think about making the switch on a monthly basis, but it's just in my best interest financially
    The biggest difference maker on those cars is to regear them imo. My friend walked other E36's all day long and the only performance accessories he had were intake, a couple of accessory pulleys and regular 3 series gearing. I think it was 3.57 vs the stock M3's 3.27's or something. I'm probably wrong on what the stock 3 series gearing is but whatever it was made a huge difference.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I have always loved that purple color more than any other on the E36.

I had an E36 318i for almost 2 years and it was just an amazing car. It was dead slow, but handled like crazy and still cruised smooth as hell at 120mph
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I lost to a 2005 M3 the other day , but he was ahead of me all the time.
    I have a VF39, STi TMIC, gimmick turbo inlet, and the crappy Cobb map.
    So he was infront on me on a light, so it turns green an he took off driving normaly, so a shift to 2nd and I decided to pass him. BUT he suddently decided to puch it and he goes like two car a head of me. At the end of 3rd I start to catch him then I shift to 4th but I miss shifted and it was all over .
    Last edited by juanmedina; 11-16-2007 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
    I lost to a 2005 M3 the other day , but we was ahead of me all the time.
    I have a VF39, STi TMIC, gimmick turbo inlet, and the crappy Cobb map.
    So he was infront on me on a light, so it turns green an he took off driving normaly, so a shift to 2nd and I decided to pass him. BUT he suddently decided to puch it and he goes like two car a head of me. At the end of 3rd I start to catch him then I shift to 4th but I miss shifted and it was all over .
    So it wasn't the car that beat you...it was you that beat you

Frumarolls are where the E46 will potentially really give you a run for your money...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345