06 stg.2 wrx vs M3 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 stg.2 wrx vs M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wrx2-13.5 sti2-12.8...

wrx2-13.5
    sti2-12.8
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    wrx2-13.5
    sti2-12.8
    stage 2 sti's can do better then 12.8 and stage 2 wrx's can do better then 13.5
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Thumbs up

So the 2008 STi's are quicker than Stage 2 STi's of previous years? Pretty good numbers published for 2008.

I do miss having a turbo.
    2008 BMW M5 (E60) V10
    2005 S4 4.2 L V8 Black (traded)
    2002 WRX- (traded)

2008 sti doesn't exist. 2007 sti's don't hve vf39 its a different thats a little different vf 40 something. It does have slighlty better numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    2008 sti doesn't exist. 2007 sti's don't hve vf39 its a different thats a little different vf 40 something. It does have slighlty better numbers.
    VF43...tenth of an inch larger diameter wastegate opening is the ONLY difference from the VF39. Also has shorter gearing which is better for the quarter mile (trap in 4th as opposed to 5th with <07 STIs), Redesigned heads allow for better cooling and the ECU is more adaptive (crappy stock tune however)...

I ran a 12.73 with my 2007 STI Stage 2 with a 1.70 60ft...With better shifting I could be into high 12.6s.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

taller

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    taller
    you're right...my bad...I thought that didn't sound right when I said it
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

yeah with my sti i'd finish my 1/4 mile runs in 5th. I saw numbers for the vf43 and they just had higher torque numbers for a tuned stage 2, it was over on nasioc.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    yeah with my sti i'd finish my 1/4 mile runs in 5th. I saw numbers for the vf43 and they just had higher torque numbers for a tuned stage 2, it was over on nasioc.
    Yeah thats where I had seen the very first protune numbers for the 07s on a Limited as well back before the AP came out for them. Some shops were just doing custom tunes. The TQ numbers are kickass!

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    That thread on NASIOC that Doug from TopSpeed started showed an '07 STI making crazy hp (330ish?) and torque (375ish?) with TBE, headers and custom tune. Don't quote me on those figures, but I'm almost positive it was in that range.

Mike, did you ever make it to Atco since your tune?
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    That thread on NASIOC that Doug from TopSpeed started showed an '07 STI making crazy hp (330ish?) and torque (375ish?) with TBE, headers and custom tune. Don't quote me on those figures, but I'm almost positive it was in that range.

Mike, did you ever make it to Atco since your tune?
    Yeah I remember that thread. It was damn impressive. They upped the Boost pretty high though, 23-24psi if I'm not mistaken?

Not yet

I can only ever go on the past couple Thurs when I haven't had soccer games...and its rained. Now I have soccer on Thurs nights and I've been so busy on Fridays, I haven't been in town even. I would go right now from work if I wasn't so damn exhausted. I even have soccer games on Tuesdays, but tonights is 11pm...I can't do this Friday either because i have a banquet to go to...

Saturday morning maybe?

I figure I only got a month left to try. The last day we went last year was Dec. 10th right?

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Yeah, they close around the 10th - 12th of December, somewhere around then. I gotta go at least one more time this year.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post

Exactly what bolt-ons are you talking about? I've read the E46 M3 doesn't have significant potential until you go FI. Never really read much into the E36 M3's motor except a few articles on how great it responds to boost.
    They don't respond very well to n/a mods at all. The car wasn't so much "fast" as it was just perfectly balanced. At best it was probably running mid 13's @ 105 with the intake, full exhaust, light-weight wheels, and ecu tuning.
    My stage2 + protune wrx has beaten it. However, the balance of the power, the feedback the car gives, and the handling just made it an incredibly enjoyable driving experience.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I'm still way more impressed with an e36 than I have been with the e46.
    +1.
    I love the E46, but there is just something about the E36 that I love. I still regret to this day not just putting up with the maintenance and buying one over my bugeye.

An E36 with bolt on's, tune, full suspension, and wheels is one helluva nice car. Great blend of sport and luxury in a solid feeling Euro package.
    I still think about making the switch on a monthly basis, but it's just in my best interest financially
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I had the pleasure of driving an E46 for about 9 hrs straight. They don't feel fast but i can assure you they are. Their speed is incredibly linear, so you never really feel a burst of power like you do with the WRX (duh, FI vs. NA). Shortly after this adventure, my wifes care broke down. The same friend (who owned both E36 and E46 at the time) let me drive the E36 for a week while i figured out what was wrong with her car. M3's are a driving experience that i feel i will never have in a WRX. They don't need to be the fastest car on the road... but they are damn near the funnest/most comfortable/sportiest/most amazing/etc.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by IECaliwrx View Post
    Yeah me too I ran one from a roll actually. We went from a 60 I took him all the way up to 110 where he let off. Ran 3 times I pulled 2 cars each time. It wasn't E46 it was a E36. A lady at my job has the same one. I have raced a old one from a dig and that wasn't pretty. It is my favorite car though If I could afford one I would have it.
    To me they all look the same. How do you tell a E46 from a E36?? exhaust? cooler??? bodykit??
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast