I got owned..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I got owned..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by PJO42387 Im probly just gonna go vf39. The tranny stuff is just too much money. Im not ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    Im probly just gonna go vf39. The tranny stuff is just too much money. Im not even out of college yet. Im bummed out. I wish i could win the lottery.
    best advice i can give you is save money and buy everything cash, or as much as you can. Careful w/ those credit cards.

But anyway. You have the 2.5 engine, and those things are really torquey. Just w/ exhaust upgrades they pump out a ton of torque. throw in an sti turbo and you gotta be careful man. You know that already though.

But definitely open up another savings account and call it "For when I blow my tranny account" (wow that sounds terrible)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    best advice i can give you is save money and buy everything cash, or as much as you can. Careful w/ those credit cards.

But anyway. You have the 2.5 engine, and those things are really torquey. Just w/ exhaust upgrades they pump out a ton of torque. throw in an sti turbo and you gotta be careful man. You know that already though.

But definitely open up another savings account and call it "For when I blow my tranny account" (wow that sounds terrible)
    +1

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    I'd say go with the VF39. I'm probably going that route next year. I have an 04 & I'm afraid of blowing the tranny too. Damn WRX trannies!

I have beat a few 350z before but tonight I had alot of weight in the car. (Big passenger).
    Next time, drop off the GF before you race. JK
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Next time, drop off the GF before you race. JK
    Lmao

Ya it looks like its gonna be the vf39.
    CGM

Your tranny hates you.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlude View Post
    Your tranny hates you.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlude View Post
    Your tranny hates you.
    Ya i know. When it blows up im gonna get an srt4. I should have got it right the first time.
    CGM

Banned
    Ya i know. When it blows up im gonna get an srt4. I should have got it right the first time.
    srt4istehf@sts3xy0

Im probly just gonna go vf39. The tranny stuff is just too much money. Im not even out of college yet. Im bummed out. I wish i could win the lottery.

i got an 06 too and i've heard that the VF-39 OTS map is easier on the tranny b/c of the torque curve. I've seen a lot of threads about a stage 2 06 losing 2nd or 3rd but i don't think i've heard of a VF-39 powered 06/07 blowing the tranny. anyone heard this? any 06/07 VF-39 powered wrx's chime in please.

Ibtl
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    Ibtl
    Why would this get locked? Probly because i said im gonna get teh SRT4. The jesus powered dodge.
    CGM

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

i miss the raw power of the stage 2 wrx but the nice smooth 6speed in my GLI makes me

SRT-4 would be awesome too
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

i was gonna post up a thread of my own but i'll ***** this one up casue it's about me getting owned also... (although it was well expected) anyway... i pulled up along side one of these in my little town yesterday...

he revved it a little (i creamed a little) and the light turned green... he musta been newer at driving a fun car than me cause he procceeded to spin his tires while i got an early and shortlived lead... needless to say, he crept past me like a turtle with a space shuttle in it's ass and at the next stoplight gave the thumbs up and we drove off... i'm running a stock 07 wrx by the way... it was a fun run... although i knew the outcome before we started.
    yup

no tranny worries till 500+whp in the srt4. the 05s have a touchy 3rd gear synchro tho that fails even in stock form. so pick up a 04. or the new caliber srt if it proves to be as stout.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast