WRX is comparable to what??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX is comparable to what?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What car is the Impreza WRX comparable to acceleration and speed wise?? Just curious, and how much faster is the ...

WRX is comparable to what??

What car is the Impreza WRX comparable to acceleration and speed wise??

Just curious, and how much faster is the WRX than the 2.5 RS?

Thanks Alot!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's easier to look up specs and compare cars. The new '06-'07 WRX does 0-60mph in the mid 5 second range and the 1/4 mile in about 14 seconds at 98mph, give or take. The '08...needs more testing.

Compared to the 2.5RS, the WRX is much faster.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Moving to WRX VS. The World.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

WRX is noticeably and measurably quicker than an RS. Drive them back to back and you will tell right away.

As for comparable cars... new vs new, the WRX's main competition is probably cars like the VW GTI, Civic Si, Mazdaspeed 3, upcoming Calibur SRT-4, upcoming Mitsu Lancer turbo (slotted under Evo)... and probably many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fformula88 View Post
    Civic Si
    Yeah right!
    02 WRX
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by SyDiko View Post
    Yeah right!
    i came out of an RSX-S, i had test drove both wrx and RSX in 2002 and I went with the type S because it was more comfortable in many ways.

even when i got my 06...i went to look at the si.

i would consider it a car i would compare the wrx to.

the WRX is in a nitche market. there really aren't many other cars that have all the characteristics that the WRX does at its price point.

In October 2005 I looked at alot of cars with a wide price range from the Audi A4 2.0T, Infiniti G35,BMW 325, Civic Si, Mazdaspeed6, the Altima SE-R and the Civic Si.
    Last edited by abhiwan; 09-27-2007 at 05:41 PM.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just bought mine... I looked at AWD cars that you could get under $30K that had 200+ Hp. That drives the VW R32 and Audi's/BMWs (that compare) out of the running..

The Fusion was a complete dissapointment. I sat in the R32, but the dealer wasn't letting anyone drive it.

I have comfortably out-paced 2 SIs.

There are no "Speed authorized" dealers in Vermont, so I could drive the speed cars. I liked the look of the 6, but the 3 is the one the magazines compare to the WRX. Specs suggest the 3 is a hair quicker on the 1/4 mile.

After much thought, Subi's hold value longer than Mazda, are more fun than Honda, and have been in the AWD business much longer.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    correction - I could NOT drive the speed cars, so I have no personal experience
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

mazda speed 3 is prob. it's closest match, but the wrx is kinda in it's own class. Drive it and you will fall in love.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by SyDiko View Post
    Yeah right!
    Why the laughter?

The si traps in wrx territory, has a nicer interior, pulls higher G's, posts a higher slalom, better braking, etc...
    In fact, the only thing the wrx is supior in is the traction and drag time.

Hell, the MS3 beats out the wrx in just about every feasible catagory. Saying the si is not in the wrx's league, would be quite similar to saying the wrx is not in the MS3's league.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

^ya, but the wrx has all of that turbocharged goodness. The new si is nice but the wrx in my opinion beats it. I have driven both fyi.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Banned
    A stock non-STI doesnt really match up to the new Caliber SRT-4s. The Caliber is gonna be 300HP stock vs. 225HP WRX.

If anything, the old Neon SRT4s were a closer proximation.

but the 300hp isnot whp(neither is the wrx) but i bet the 1/4 mile and 0-60willbe close to the wrxs and not the sti!
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

I'm not saying that the SI is a bad vehicle, nor the -s! In my opinion, I would not consider the SI in the same league as a WRX, in terms of performance.

Why?
    Consider this: The SI is Honda's top Civic model; while the base WRX is Subaru's mid ranged Impreza. In terms of where they stand by company, you would need to compare the WRX STi to a Civic SI. That said, obviously the WRX would come out on top in almost all categories with the exception of MPG.

I've test driven 3 generations of the SI and none were quite as fun to drive or impressive as the WRX. I would not put the SI in the WRX's category at the current time. Not quite yet,

However...

Is the Civic getting closer? Oh you know it! If it came standard with factory tuned forced induction + Extras, the Civic would be a road monster in a league of it's own and I think we all can agree on that!

As for the MS3, well I work for a dealership gallery thats an authorized Mazda retailer and I've driven the MS3 and I'll say, it's nothing special. We have like 4 on the lot and we aren't selling them. Actually I've seen more MX-5s sold than MS3s. Also everyone that test drives and return feedback say they think the WRX is more practical! (Subaru dealership right beside mine!)
    Last edited by SyDiko; 10-01-2007 at 04:57 PM.
    02 WRX
    New England F4

I believe that whether or not the civic si is in the some category as the WRX is all a matter of perception. While the WRX traps higher in 1/4mi. and 0-60 times, it understeers and rolls horribly from the factory. It is almost econocar suspension while the civic si understeers mildly but still maintains relatively good handling and comfort. Most assume that because of AWD that WRXs are superior handling cars but as most on the forum know, its completely untrue. The civic si also has excellent build quality and a sound system that makes the WRX's sound like someone is singing to you through a paper cup and string. Gas mileage is almost double of what what you would get in a WRX and I would not be surprised if insurance was also cheaper. Please don't put the WRX on a pedestal among the lower to mid 20k range because in reality, its not all that great.
    2007 OBP WRX LTD
    Cobb Accessport v2 Stage 2
    McCulloch 5000K HIDs h7
    DDM Slim 3000K HIDs h3
    HKS Carbon-Ti Exhaust
    Whiteline 24mm adj. FSB
    Invidia v2 bellmouth downpipe
    Pioneer Avic-D3 w/ CD-I200 Ipod cable & CD-R55 remote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.