WRX is comparable to what?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX is comparable to what?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 Any idea what aftermarket units worked so well? you will see a minimal sound quality difference ...

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    Any idea what aftermarket units worked so well?
    you will see a minimal sound quality difference with just a speaker replacement. the problem aren't the speakers, its the signal going to them. for $300, you can replace the headunit of the subaru and have a wonderful sounding stereo.

Edit: An Alpine headunit will make a world of a difference in sound quality. With a harnass its not all that complicated of a DIY.
    Last edited by abhiwan; 10-02-2007 at 01:42 PM.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by s0n1c View Post
    How about this to throw in the mix:

When the WRX released in 2002, what could it have been compared to? Was there any USDM car to really compare to the WRX in 2002? Obviously now, yes...but you can't tell me a 2002 civic (which didn't have an si model that year) was really comparable to the 2002 Impreza WRX. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    i came out of an RSX-S, i had test drove both wrx and RSX in 2002 and I went with the type S because it was more comfortable in many ways.

even when i got my 06...i went to look at the si.

i would consider it a car i would compare the wrx to.

the WRX is in a nitche market. there really aren't many other cars that have all the characteristics that the WRX does at its price point.

In October 2005 I looked at alot of cars with a wide price range from the Audi A4 2.0T, Infiniti G35,BMW 325, Civic Si, Mazdaspeed6, the Altima SE-R and the Civic Si.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    +1 there was def a Civic Si in 2002, i insure one...
    You're right...i forgot about the 3 door hatch...but for some reason I thought that didn't exist until 2003 or 2004....

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    you will see a minimal sound quality difference with just a speaker replacement. the problem aren't the speakers, its the signal going to them. for $300, you can replace the headunit of the subaru and have a wonderful sounding stereo.

Edit: An Alpine headunit will make a world of a difference in sound quality. With a harnass its not all that complicated of a DIY.
    The DIY radio install is SUPER easy...I did mine the 2nd day I had the car, I put in a clarion MAX675VD, and instantly everything sounded 5 times better...I also had a kenwood radio that was really nice and had great sound quality. But the rear speakers are a little disappointing...they should be on the deck in the window which would allow space for them to be bigger, but instead they're in the rear doors...

EDIT: They're in the rear doors in my 05...I can't speak for the other MYs since I haven't looked....
    Last edited by s0n1c; 10-03-2007 at 03:57 AM. Reason: added info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123