anyone ever run against GTO ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on anyone ever run against GTO ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an 07 350Z, and i ran the another day against a GTO stock. i ran 13.6 with 102mph, ...

anyone ever run against GTO ?

I have an 07 350Z, and i ran the another day against a GTO stock. i ran 13.6 with 102mph, (i've had the car for 3 months so still new) however, the GTO ran 12.8 with 109 mph, i spoke to the guy and he told me that he ran with an STI 06 with stg 2, and killed him bad, well , i read about the sti and it gets similar time to my Z,(little bit better), i researched what an STI with a stg 2 does and the results fluctuate from high 11's to mid -high 12's, so i think it depends on the driver's skill level, so my question is what is an sti stg 2 going to run with a fairly good driver ? will it be able to take a GTO (assuming the GTO is stock) ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stage2 STI should be able to take a stock GTO, but there are so many variables at hand.

Typically a stage2 STI will run mid-high 12's @ 105-108mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

wow i had no idea those gto's were so quick
    "Whatever it takes"

Is your 350 stock? I havent seen one run less than 15.4 at my track. You must be a great driver already.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    Is your 350 stock? I havent seen one run less than 15.4 at my track. You must be a great driver already.

15.4 is and insanely slow time for a 350Z. 13.6 is a good solid time for an 07.

Gto's are pretty damn quick. Of course of friend of mine was somehow able to run a high 15 with a lightly modded GTo. Given a bad enough driver anything is possible.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 09-24-2007 at 05:49 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

13.6? Bull, own me with some pictures or else I call BS. As for the GTO, 05/06 models are 400 horse at the crank. C&D got a 13.3 second 1/4 mile. It's a damn quick car.

Actually, I take back my statement on the 350Z, self pwned.
    Last edited by ismegamanthere; 09-24-2007 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    15.4 is and insanely slow time for a 350Z. 13.6 is a good solid time for an 07.
    You're right. I swear its the case, several different ones, all different dates at the same track. Maybe the 350 club around here are just sandbagging for some upcoming event.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    You're right. I swear its the case, several different ones, all different dates at the same track. Maybe the 350 club around here are just sandbagging for some upcoming event.
    Yeah who knows. Theres been a good number of people able to pull high 13's in a stock Z (non base model) and a few 07's have hit < 13.5.

I've never drag raced personally so I'd probably be one of those people in the 15's.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

i have run a few... 5.7's and 6.0's on the street.. a stage 2 wrx or sti should pull hard from a dig up until the Gto hits 4th gear, then they start pulling... on the track its a drivers race..if the Gto hooks high 12's is easy...alot of variables..stock for stock though the Gto has the edge...my stage 2 vs bolt on Gto's has given a good run until highway speeds were the chevy's ls's really shine on high end...all in all though its pretty even until you hit up some twisties and then that fat pig( GTO) is left far behind..

Well, the Z has hotchkis sways and 19 inch rims +285/35 toyo tires, which i dont consider to improve my track time at all, however, the toyos grip well until they get excessively heated up and then they get greasy. And yeah the VQ35HR which is the new motor, which runs consistent mid 13's. I had two launches and the first time i ran 13.9 with 101 mph. and there have been people getting 13.4 and 13.3 here is a link from my350z.com and it is not falsified, in order for your time to be listed there you need to provide the slip from the racetrack. also dont get me wrong i am not here to argue about Z or STI being faster or slower, i do respect the two cars
    http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233840

i see em at the track all the time...they are kinda heavy stage 2 sti should walk em all day
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Edge to the Stage 2 STi in the quarter.

Edge to the goat in a "frumaroll" once speed reach triple digits.

Edge to the STi on a road course...by quite a ways.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Edge to the Stage 2 STi in the quarter.

Edge to the goat in a "frumaroll" once speed reach triple digits.

Edge to the STi on a road course...by quite a ways.
    Edge in life pricless

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Edge in life pricless
    Agreed

Also forgot...I almost bought a new Goat, but man, that gas mileage is scary. 20-21 on the highway....and those are using the old rating system. I could hear it slurping while I was just standing there looking at it.

Edge to the STi in economy (don't see that too often do you)
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Agreed

Also forgot...I almost bought a new Goat, but man, that gas mileage is scary. 20-21 on the highway....and those are using the old rating system. I could hear it slurping while I was just standing there looking at it.

Edge to the STi in economy (don't see that too often do you)
    Really?

Most GTO owners report pretty decent mileage. With the 6spd and LS2 motor people are seeing highway mileage in the mid 20's pretty regularly from my understanding.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast