Subaru WRX Forum banner

Anyone race the new Acura TL type s yet?

5K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  ElBartoRex 
#1 ·
anyone?

#2 ·
yea, from a stop light, it was a easy kill. 2+ car on him by end of 3rd gear

not sure if it was the new one though but it was a tl- s

#4 ·
They are decently quick and run with if not beat a stock wrx with your average driver.

stage2 or higher wrx's shouldn't have any trouble though.

I think they are mid-low 14sec @ 100mph or so cars.

#8 ·
F-ing paper racing. :mad::mad:

I raced a Audi last night in the rain. It was pretty crazy. We were on the freeway. He would pull on me but never made a car length and then I would keep even with him. I don't know if it was an S4 or a A4 but it was quick:p

#11 ·
My buddy has a 2005 TL with a Comptech S/C. It's pretty quick.

#13 ·
the new ones look nice
no one in thoes things ever want to race tho

#14 ·
I can't imagine them doing much to a WRX until higher speeds. I went to AOL Autos (lol, i know) and they have an article on the updated TL/TL-S and it says the TL-S weighs in at 3560 pounds. Couple that with all the weight over the front wheels and I don't see much of a problem when it comes to stock vs stock. A stage 2 WRX would eat this thing alive.

#23 ·
I've lost from the new TL-S from a dig, though we weren't able to go much past 60 because of traffic. They are quick cars, I would not underestimate them.

#24 ·
In your WRX? If anything, at the absolute worst, you should have taken him to 60 with the AWD launch being in your favor. I assume that it would have only gotten worse from then on if he took you to 60.

Did you not launch?

#28 ·
Just because something is rated at 290hp doesn't make it fast, I have seen the stock WRX have a faster quarter mile time than cars that are rated a much higher hp. The acura is also almost 3700lbs. IMO if the WRX has a good driver it would win but we wont know until somebody actually does it.

#32 ·
just because cobb rates a stage 2 wrx at 280 hp doesn't make it fast either, i have seen plenty of modded WRXs run in the mid 15's :confused:

on the street i say Type S would ruin a modded to stage 2 wrx but on the strip i think the AWD would be easier to work with but still a drivers race

#37 ·
I agree with ^^^^^

everyone is a little too fanboy on here sometimes. The stock WRX is quick, but the only real advantage it has over other cars is the AWD lauch, and the top end with the td04 is bad especially in the 2.5-- as opposed to a car that has more factory HP and a much better top end. Yes it weighs more, but not that much more.

if you went from a roll in a stock WRX I beleive you would lose, from a dig it would probably be close. Even a stage 2 from a roll it would be a drivers race.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.