Anyone race the new Acura TL type s yet? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Anyone race the new Acura TL type s yet? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRX13oy i beat them...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy View Post
    i beat them
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fkarkvan View Post
    Just because something is rated at 290hp doesn't make it fast, I have seen the stock WRX have a faster quarter mile time than cars that are rated a much higher hp. The acura is also almost 3700lbs. IMO if the WRX has a good driver it would win but we wont know until somebody actually does it.
    just because cobb rates a stage 2 wrx at 280 hp doesn't make it fast either, i have seen plenty of modded WRXs run in the mid 15's

on the street i say Type S would ruin a modded to stage 2 wrx but on the strip i think the AWD would be easier to work with but still a drivers race
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    just because cobb rates a stage 2 wrx at 280 hp doesn't make it fast either, i have seen plenty of modded WRXs run in the mid 15's

on the street i say Type S would ruin a modded to stage 2 wrx but on the strip i think the AWD would be easier to work with but still a drivers race

That would be more of a driver issue. On the street a stg 2 is at its best. AWD is more forgiving on the street then any other. If you were talking from a roll then its more believable but from a dig the stg 2 driver would have to be a total gump to lose.
    TDC stg. 04 WrX Wagone

Quote Originally Posted by IECaliwrx View Post
    That would be more of a driver issue. On the street a stg 2 is at its best. AWD is more forgiving on the street then any other. If you were talking from a roll then its more believable but from a dig the stg 2 driver would have to be a total gump to lose.
    +1 i toasted a type s by 2 lengths by 3rd gear. i have a stock 06, and he was most definetly trying.
    "Whatever it takes"

Quote Originally Posted by CaRboNaDo View Post
    What do you mean did I not launch?

I've lost to TL's when they get a jump on me. The rex just has too much turbo lag, especially in the summer. Car feels about as fast as a honda accord in the heat.
    It's simple really, did you launch or not? If you launched your car at 5000 RPM or whatever the max RPM is for launching, you should have outlaunched him and beat him to 60 mph. If you just went from a dig without a proper launch and just left the line without raising the revs, you took away your AWD advantage.
    Last edited by Juice33; 10-01-2007 at 10:04 AM.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    It's simple really, did you launch or not? If you launched your car at 5000 RPM or whatever the max RPM is for launching, you should have outlaunched him and beat him to 60 mph. If you just went from a dig without a proper launch and just left the line without raising the revs, you took away your AWD advantage.

Agreed completely. If you aren't on your ball, then anybody with a decently fast car can take you out. All I'm saying is the 2007+ TL-S is a fast car, whether it weighs 3700 lbs or not, and I believe it will outrun a stock WRX. This is coming from first hand driving experience with both cars. I am not guessing based off of what it says on paper, I have driven the darn thing...a lot.

But in the end, anybody can believe what they want. Next time our TL-S comes home I'll go play.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

I agree with ^^^^^

everyone is a little too fanboy on here sometimes. The stock WRX is quick, but the only real advantage it has over other cars is the AWD lauch, and the top end with the td04 is bad especially in the 2.5-- as opposed to a car that has more factory HP and a much better top end. Yes it weighs more, but not that much more.

if you went from a roll in a stock WRX I beleive you would lose, from a dig it would probably be close. Even a stage 2 from a roll it would be a drivers race.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.