07wrx vs. 06shelby mustang

This is a discussion on 07wrx vs. 06shelby mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; heres how it went down: Driving along, minding my own business, and come up to a light. Sitting next to ...

07wrx vs. 06shelby mustang

heres how it went down: Driving along, minding my own business, and come up to a light. Sitting next to me is a shelby mustang (not cobra), so im looking at it, since it really is a nice looking car. the driver sees me looking at his car, and i nod to him in a friendly way. i guess he didnt like it, and sneers at me with that typical look stang owners seem to get. i hear him gun the motor a bit, so i take that as an indication that he wants to go. so i said 'alright, lets see how this plays out,' while thinking i was going to get spanked. light turns green, and i hear him jump on it, so of course im jumping on it too. im going through 1st, then 2nd, and rounding into 3rd when i look to see where he is.... about 2 car lengths behind. im thinking, 'no way, that didnt happen' and i see his front end drop like a brick. automatically, im looking around for cops, because i cant figure out why he'd give up that quickly. so i get to the next light, and he's hanging back, not wanting to line up again. i didnt want to have another go at it, i just wanted to tell him i liked his car. after doing some research, i think he was running the GT-H, but not totally positive. might have just been a normal mustang with flashy badging.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jma_1000 View Post
    heres how it went down: Driving along, minding my own business, and come up to a light. Sitting next to me is a shelby mustang (not cobra), so im looking at it, since it really is a nice looking car. the driver sees me looking at his car, and i nod to him in a friendly way. i guess he didnt like it, and sneers at me with that typical look stang owners seem to get. i hear him gun the motor a bit, so i take that as an indication that he wants to go. so i said 'alright, lets see how this plays out,' while thinking i was going to get spanked. light turns green, and i hear him jump on it, so of course im jumping on it too. im going through 1st, then 2nd, and rounding into 3rd when i look to see where he is.... about 2 car lengths behind. im thinking, 'no way, that didnt happen' and i see his front end drop like a brick. automatically, im looking around for cops, because i cant figure out why he'd give up that quickly. so i get to the next light, and he's hanging back, not wanting to line up again. i didnt want to have another go at it, i just wanted to tell him i liked his car. after doing some research, i think he was running the GT-H, but not totally positive. might have just been a normal mustang with flashy badging.

nice kill. whats your hp
    <

when i go i want it to be like my grandpa
    peaceful in his sleep, not screeming like his pasengers in his car

im running cobb stage 2, so probably around 280s. its the 340lb torque that did it, i think.
    I ♥ rice

yeah, the more i research, the more im thinking he got a few shelby badges and threw them on his mustang. either that, or he was toying with me, but that would usually result in my loss, right? puzzling...
    I ♥ rice

Quote Originally Posted by jma_1000 View Post
    yeah, the more i research, the more im thinking he got a few shelby badges and threw them on his mustang. either that, or he was toying with me, but that would usually result in my loss, right? puzzling...

well, if it was the shelby gt-h, they run 13.9 1/4mile so i think you did good
    <

when i go i want it to be like my grandpa
    peaceful in his sleep, not screeming like his pasengers in his car

nice kill
    New England F4

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    He wouldn't even pull up to take his lumps,ghey.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

good kill
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Smile

Hi guys i just joined this site. I do not own a wrx but i do respect any car that can run 13s stock no matter how many cylenders or how much boost it has. I was reading the this thred and this was a nice kill but the shelby GT-H only runs a mid 14 on a good day it has an auto trans and permanant traction control. and for a rwd car that kill your hp. so it is realy no match for the awd wrx/sti. his biggest mistake wa probably underestimating you because you only have a 4cyl. big mistake on his part I never under estimate any one in a wrx or evo. I have raced alot of them. lost a few but it dosent happen to often. I have an 05 mustang gt with some mods that will run a 12.9-13.3 prity regularly and i can kill the shelby GT-H any day of the week. so dont think just because it says shelby it is fast. when people see my car they are confused. I have emblems from a 1967 shelby GT350 they have not made that car since 1971. but like i said nice kill... i didn not come on here to say you could not beat a mustang because i have been killed by a sti before. I just like all fast cars. oh by the way my last dyno pull i had 330 rwhp 350 rwtq. I plan on instaling a turbonetics single turbo in a few months do you guys no much about them as turbos are farly new to the V8 comunity but are producing huge # over the s/c on stock internal around 550rwhp and 580rwtq?
    Last edited by thacker8394; 09-23-2007 at 12:49 AM.

It was probably a Mustang Shelby GT. They make one with like 325 HP, and it is actually much more rare than the GT500, but also much slower. They come with the same 4.6 as the regular Mustang GT but a few mods from the factory like intake and different exhaust to make it 325 HP(I think it is rated at 325) instead of the GT's 300, big whoop right, and it costs $40,000 because it has the Shelby name on it. These are also being marked up incredibly high because of the Shelby name on the car. They also only come in 2 colors I believe, black or white, with racing stripes, which I think are grey. They definately are nothing to brag about powerwise, but they are kind of rare.

Nice kill dude.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I saw a mustang like that (Current gen, white with gray stripes and all the cladding, GT 350) on the freeway. Had only a single tail pipe. I thought it was a 6 cylinder.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    I saw a mustang like that (Current gen, white with gray stripes and all the cladding, GT 350) on the freeway. Had only a single tail pipe. I thought it was a 6 cylinder.
    Those are the colors of the Shelby GT, I didn't think they said GT350 on them though, maybe the guy just tacked that on, or maybe it was just a clone. Friggin wheaters!
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I'm going to assume your #s are at the crank?

good kill
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I agree, sounds like you ran up against a Shelby GT with 325 horses. (Basically the Shelby GT-H made for hertz, but this one for direct public consumption). They probably have a little more power than your WRX, but also a couple hundred more pounds of bulk (I think they come in somewhere near 3400 lbs).