check out this beauty..future honda rice i mean racer - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on check out this beauty..future honda rice i mean racer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; power to weight...I had a 90 accord with jdm h22 swap. it was ok. pretty quick..plowed pretty bad through turns... ...

power to weight...I had a 90 accord with jdm h22 swap. it was ok. pretty quick..plowed pretty bad through turns... nothing compared to my subie as far as accelaration and handling.

Now before I got tuned in my subie I got beat by a del sol with an h22a. same motor as was in my accord in a 600lb+ lighter car....that thing was quick..

now can you imagine how boggy your car feels with lets say 4 people maybe 5 if you squeeze and a full trunk of luggage...yea... weight is huge!

Now take your car and gut it...make it 600 lbs lighter....holy sh*t...I bet a bone stock 06 wrx minus 600lbs would be running mid to high 12's easy

Hondas are so easy to tune and make power cheaper...its not even funny. well its not...most hondas don't go over the 300whp mark mainly due to the fact that traction becomes a huge issue.

With slicks and EM you will probably get owned by him... sorry to say.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry about the language...people need to clean their potty mouths out with soap......its so tacky
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxdude View Post

Hondas are so easy to tune and make power cheaper...its not even funny. well its not...most hondas don't go over the 300whp mark mainly due to the fact that traction becomes a huge issue.
    I never considered swapping engines cheap, or easy.

Swapping bolt ons > Swapping drivetrains

Factory turbo cars will always be easier to make power with. To take that Del Sol into the twelves, you need a drivetrain swap and/or a FI kit. To take a WRX into the twelves, you need bolt ons.

Lets just go with what we all know Subaru's are better no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by eliteautosport View Post
    +1 end of story
    "Whatever it takes"

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    The jdm ctr's had a B16B5 rated at about 185 at the crank. That motor in the lighter chassis of the ef should be pretty quick. Though it is probably a b16a2 or a b18c1. The 16a2 is rated at 167 and the 18c1 at 175-180 (at the crank for both). Drag racing is all about hp/weight 170hp in a 2400lb car vs. 220 in a 3100lb car actually should be a decent race. civic equals hp/lbs of .0708 the impreza has a ratio of .0709. These are estimates results vary by level of tune.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteautosport View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by independent 68 View Post
    +1 end of story
    Most Fanboi comment of the day?

I prefer to be a car enthusiast as apposed to "my car" enthusiast not judging just saying keep an open mind and don't hate when a swapped honda blows by you
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

im not hateing i used to have a honda that i did a lot of work to and was quick before i got my wrx but never once was i able to beat a wrx

Quote Originally Posted by independent 68 View Post
    +1 end of story
    +1
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTFH3030 View Post
    from the the pic, it looks like a b16, which make no power at all imo with bolt-ons, internals or forced induction, different story. the b18c1(black valve cover) which is found in the integra gs-r has a different intake manifold as well as the b18c5(red valve cover) found in the integra type-r from the one showed in the pic. the following number after the "b" normally indicates displacement. b16 would be a 1.6L, b18 1.8L and so on. the engine code is located on the block right next to the transmission, so if you can identify those numbers, you should be able to dtermine what motor he has. if it just says b16, i belive it is a jdm version which only rocks 10 more hp, nothing to brag about. now, all of these statements should be accurate, however, these honda fanatics start getting creative sometimes and start interchanging heads, blocks, manifolds, valve covers, and make some pretty nasty "frankenstein motors."

most of the time b16's are really slow, kids think they can just throw a motor in a car and run 10's. i wouldn't worry about it too much and would just race him for fun. i highly doubt you will lose, but if you do, just remember who has a/c, ps, and all that other good stuff.
    Ok, I didnt read through the other two pages in this thread, as I've read enough uneducated 'he said-she saids'... Let's do some math..

The 88-92 Civic hatchback base model weight approx. 2000-2100 lbs, at most. Show me a street-trimmed WRX under 3100lbs.
    If the B16A JDM trans or USDM Type-R trans is used, then it's a close ratio, factory LSD trans, and will rip 13s all freakin day long, with a CAI and header. My buddy's car was a '91 with a JDM B16A, stock airbox, stock 1.5L exhaust, and bone stock motor/trans/ecu mapping, and busted 14.2s CONSISTANTLY. Take into account that the stock 1.5L exhaust is about 1-1/4" or so. Looks like a broom handle.

The B18C1 (USDM GSR) is 170hp stock.
    The B18C5 (USDM Type-R) is 190hp stock.
    The B18C (JDM Type R) is 210hp.
    The B16A1 through A3 is 160hp.
    The B16A4 (JDM) is 170hp.
    The B16B (Civic Type R) is 185hp.

The stock WRX EJ20 is 227hp.
    I dont know what the WRX 2.5 is rated at.Keep in mind, these are bone stock figures. And I personally know that the Honda reacts far greater to bolt-ons than the Subaru.

given the above facts, the 3100 pound Subaru with 227hp has a power/weight ratio of 13.7lb/hp. An STI (300hp, 3300lb est.) is 11lb/hp.
    A 2100 pound civic hatch with a 160hp (smallest DOHC listed) engine has a power/weight ratio of 13.1lb/hp. Same car, swap to a stock B18C1 (170hp) and the p/w drops to 12.3/hp. I've worked on B16A2s (2000 Si) and put header, cai, and exhaust, and a cookie cutter chip in the ecu, and made 160Whp (~190chp). so thats a 30hp gain with a few bolt-ons. Now you're at 11.0 lb/hp.

My old '96 Civic CX hatch weighed right at 2110 with me in it (225). I had a BONE STOCK internalled B18C1 (170hp), with an fmic, turbo, and 450cc injectors. @ 10psi, made 310Whp, so thats around, what, 365chp? 2110/365 = 5.7lb/hp. 11.90s on 16" 215-45 Falken ZX512 street tires all day long, it ran. A 1500$ turbo kit was it, and some used DSM injectors.

Anyway, from a 'visual' point, it may be a B16A?, but I cant really see the intake manifold. Aside from that, the B16/18C look the same.

Oh, and the white 2 door isn't an Accord, as someone said. It's a DA-series Integra, and has a B17 or B18B (non-vtec) engine, Valve cover tells you that, by the design.

I know this has become long-winded, but for goodness sakes, people, you crack on the Honda group like it's a child with Autism on the playground, and you act the same way. Learn before you speak. Makes you look smarter.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Roganslap View Post
    I know this has become long-winded, but for goodness sakes, people, you crack on the Honda group like it's a child with Autism on the playground, and you act the same way. Learn before you speak. Makes you look smarter.
    Naw man, Subaru is da best...end of story.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybanned X View Post
    fo show

TESTIFY!!!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

I Support ClubWRX
    lolerz
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

+1

Subaru > *
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast