check out this beauty..future honda rice i mean racer - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on check out this beauty..future honda rice i mean racer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my neighbors procharged camaro [10.1 wit slicks ] got a good race from my friends gsr turbo hatch .. he ...

Banned
    my neighbors procharged camaro [10.1 wit slicks ] got a good race from my friends gsr turbo hatch .. he eventully pulled on him but 0-80 it was close

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    my money would be on the hatch. The intake manifold (poor picture) looks like the one found on the B18C1. Also, who knows if the kid is still running a cable trans or hydraulic, LS Trans, GSR Trans, trust me with the right transmission backed behind that c1 could easily hit low 14s with stock tires stock intake/exhaust even, since a lot of cable trans from Japan had good stock LSDs. Running an OBD2 motor (cant really see the IM to be sure) in that car also is taking some sort of EM so I am betting he may have some hondata.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    my money would be on the hatch. The intake manifold (poor picture) looks like the one found on the B18C1. Also, who knows if the kid is still running a cable trans or hydraulic, LS Trans, GSR Trans, trust me with the right transmission backed behind that c1 could easily hit low 14s with stock tires stock intake/exhaust even, since a lot of cable trans from Japan had good stock LSDs. Running an OBD2 motor (cant really see the IM to be sure) in that car also is taking some sort of EM so I am betting he may have some hondata.
    that is a bad picture, and it is hard to determine the manifold, but i think it has more similar traits to a b16.
    i think that the manifold looks more like a b16 like on this picture.
    http://www.frankenminis.com/VTEC%204...e/SA701151.JPG

this is a b18c1 pic and to me the one one the red EF civic looks more like the b16.
    http://got-jdm.com/images/B18C1%20LB.jpg

i don't know though, i hear a lot of people swap the manifolds if they have a b18c1 to the b16 because it has more top end or some crap like that.

like i said before, a lot of these parts are interchangeable and the only person that knows the real truth is the owner, so i can be totally wrong.

i use to hear about those cars running 14's on just the motor too, and it scared me to race them. i've ran bolt on b16 ek hatch, b18c1 EG hatch, b16 CRX, and various others with swapped motors, and they are not the hype they made out to be. im not saying they're slow, but just very over-rated.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I dont know what some of these guys are talking about, but a ef hatch with a b16 swap will be quite the quick littler car, especially with drag radials. I believe the hatch would win, especially if he's a good driver. My buddy has a 91 4door civic with a b16 swap, and i've been with him a few times when he pulled on 4.6 mustangs. I know the mustang isnt the quickest car in the world, but a swapped hatch shouldnt be taken lightly.

i know honda's very well i have built many and my bet is on your car but thats just me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by HxcJohnny View Post
    a swapped hatch shouldnt be taken lightly.
    How heavy should I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    +1 Damn...

!!!!That's hella junk in that trunk....How do you find jeans to fit that???????
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

I used to have a b16 crx with all the bolts on (head, intake, exhaust, etc etc...) and I really love it (used to), I used to think it was fast because it is light, and when the vtec kicks, it's loud (and hardly do anything). But when the day I sold it and test drive my old 2003 bugeye (stock), the only thing in my mind was "OMG"...

since I've been driving the crx for one year (daily) and I do a lot of touge run in that car, so I know how a light honda car with vtec perform, but when the day I test drive the wrx, i was totally amazed... totally... so impressive

trust me, his car is quick, with all those bolts on and the engine swap, his car is quick and fun. But the point is, your car is fast, stock fast.

fast > quick
    Last edited by Liam; 09-23-2007 at 11:48 PM.
    2005 Blogeye - STi @ Cobb Stage 2
    Tanabe Medallion Touring Catback, ERZ downpipe
    Stance GR+ Coilover, Cusco F/R Swaybar, Kartboy F/R Endlink, Cusco Front Strut Bar, STi Rear Strut Bar, RE-01R

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    +1 Damn...

god I hope that is jsut a big girl chopped bigger
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

oh, and don't forget you are 4wd, which should pull hard enough to let him see your rear bumper in drag.
    2005 Blogeye - STi @ Cobb Stage 2
    Tanabe Medallion Touring Catback, ERZ downpipe
    Stance GR+ Coilover, Cusco F/R Swaybar, Kartboy F/R Endlink, Cusco Front Strut Bar, STi Rear Strut Bar, RE-01R

This race should be no problem for ya.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    This thread needs to go by by

here some vids of this sweet car racing on the streets of my town probably from last weekend.....just be glad im not the one being dumb and racing his stupid hatch on the streets

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=18790642

Edit:link deleted due to NWS language...

i wasnt able to watch them yet myself but im betting is slow and painful to watch haha
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 09-26-2007 at 07:19 PM.
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    NWS for language in the second vid.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast