I just got challeged >.> /sigh - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I just got challeged >.> /sigh within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Zapix So I'm sitting there at work, and this guy I know with a stock VW Jetta ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapix View Post
    So I'm sitting there at work, and this guy I know with a stock VW Jetta says to me "You and me need to race. $100" and walks away smiling as he always his.
    It sounds like you're in a bad work environment, if not a dead end job. Generally, people moving forward aren't all that concerned about that stuff.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Yeah, sounds like it's not worth it.
    Bah, Like I said you better race him

just race him for fun and tell us how it went.
    Cobb stage 2 WRB 2006 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It sounds like you're in a bad work environment, if not a dead end job. Generally, people moving forward aren't all that concerned about that stuff.
    Not necessarily - I have worked in IT for a few places that were great work enviornments and plenty of stuff like that happens. I've seen gambling pools, people shooting dice on desks, lunch trips to strip clubs/massage parlors, etc. Heck, at my current job for special events(new software releases, company milestones, etc), we have wine and beer along with 8-10 hor devors, and the rumored main courses which I always seem to miss. Productivity kinda slides a bit on the days when booze is present.

We've got quite a few sports cars in the lot, one guy has an M3 and M5 and regularly participates in SCCA events. Another guy used to do suspension work for bimmerworld and has two M3's. Free food/ coffee/ tea/ soda/ etc - I love my job.

And that's really the whole thing that matters, if you enjoy your job - life is good.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Let Vin Diesel race him in your car FTW
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

If I throw the TurboXS Stage2 Unichip back on, I'll have a double ECU mod which absolutely requires 93 or higher octane or the engine won't start. but with the dual ECU mod, I've beaten an STI.
    So tell me this is sarcasm, right?

Quote Originally Posted by STiDriven View Post
    So tell me this is sarcasm, right?
    nope, quite real. Need I explain in deeper detail?

btw, his Jetta is 1.8T, or so he claims.
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

nope, quite real. Need I explain in deeper detail?

btw, his Jetta is 1.8T, or so he claims.
    Turbo'd VR6 would give you a crazy run for your money, more than likely smoke you. I got murdered by a turbo'd R32 (I know its a bit different cause they have AWD too). You would get a good launch, but they'd catch right up to you.

However...Jetta's are no slouch when it comes to handling. Mine handled very well when I had one, with a stock suspension.

1.8t's are quick...my buddy is DP'd, chipped, and lowered on Neuspeed springs and ran a 14.1 @ 99mph in a quarter, and it handles quite well. Thats about equal with a stock WRX in the quarter...so you might have an upper hand if he's a 1.8T.

Only way to settle this is by doing it...paper racing won't tell us anything other than speculation.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    1.8t's with any sort of power, are axle breakers like mad. And the million of ancillary boost lines on those things are a nightmare and are forever leaking. I still think you would get him, especially if hes on the stock turbo.

Guy here in our local forcefed group running 25 psi of the same vintage 1.8t Jetta and has nothing but problems with it. Every time he takes it out it comes back broken.

Race the best 5 out of 7 and you'll probably win by default.

Double ECU mod??
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Double ECU mod??

Yeah, please explain this double ECU mod...one per turbo?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Turbo'd VR6 would give you a crazy run for your money, more than likely smoke you. I got murdered by a turbo'd R32 (I know its a bit different cause they have AWD too). You would get a good launch, but they'd catch right up to you.

However...Jetta's are no slouch when it comes to handling. Mine handled very well when I had one, with a stock suspension.

1.8t's are quick...my buddy is DP'd, chipped, and lowered on Neuspeed springs and ran a 14.1 @ 99mph in a quarter, and it handles quite well. Thats about equal with a stock WRX in the quarter...so you might have an upper hand if he's a 1.8T.

Only way to settle this is by doing it...paper racing won't tell us anything other than speculation.
    You didn't get killed in you STi now did you?!

Quote Originally Posted by rx8rider View Post
    You didn't get killed in you STi now did you?!
    Yeah I did actually...

I was stage 1 and ran a 13.0 flat @ 105mph...

We took off at the track, I had a pretty good 1.75 60ft, and he just started walking me! 2.5-3 car lengths and he shut down before the race finished cause I think he blew something So I ended up getting the "official" win. But he woulda ran a 12.5 or something of the sort at least...

But think about it...3.2L engine making 240hp and 236lb/ft tq stock, AWD, coupled with an aftermarket turbo...thats gotta put at least 350 of each to the wheels...And VW engines with a chip/tune are known to put out crazy TQ...so its a better numbered AWD car than my STI...

It was an impressive, but at least I was able to drive home after that

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post

Double ECU mod??
    Dude, look at his join date. Things were different back then. Ibetyougetowned.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    It is an impressive mod list...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Werd.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast