Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

STI vs cobalt ss/sc

12K views 91 replies 34 participants last post by  302@12psi 
#1 ·
Which is faster completely stock Sti or the ss/sc in a drag

#5 ·
noo wayy the stock sti has 293 horsepower and does a <5.0sec 0-62 with a top speed of 155mph the cobalt ss s/c has 205 horsepower and does a 6.4sec 0-60 with a top speed of 143.. tell ur friends lol

#6 ·
13.0 vs 14.5s who do you think has which number?

#48 ·
Maybe if he is blind and launching in 5th gear moving down in gears:bs:

If an STI driver can't get a 13.6 or 13.7 even without a launch, they shouldn't even be driving a Subaru period:baaa:

#9 ·
ya and if the STi only has three wheels and the cobalt has a jet pack it could be a close race. if you wanna know which car is actually faster, especially stock, you can't take into acount bad driving / wacky what ifs. but in the real world, yes i suppose a cobalt being driven by none other than vin diesel could stand a chance against a blind man with no limbs driving an STi in reverse.

#22 ·
this thread is a joke

mabye if the sti driver started in 5th gear the cobalt might win

i dont see cobalts at the track... there might be a reason for this

i would say a rsx type-s would woop a cobalt

#29 ·
The problem with Cobalts is the lonjevity of the platform once you start modding. And to play with an STi, mod they must. I've said it before and I'll say it again they are garbage cars as far as quality goes. If you're into short bursts of illegal street racing where you don't go from a stop the Cobalt is for you. If you like to keep your racing on a track and go more than once a year, an STi is for you.(Or maybe an SRT-8 or GTO, or sigh, Mustang)

#42 ·
something that has always bothered me was this "from a roll" BS, like thats one of the reasons STI and EVO are well liked is for the AWD and thats why they take ss/cs and all those others.. like if someone pulled up and said, "hey wanna race from a rolling start" its giving them an advantage that I wouldn't need because my car would be ready to go. I don't know if anything I just said made sense but I tried to get my point across.

#51 ·
Don't forget your BOV and MBC!!!

Oh yeah, you want a CAI too, one that gets really low so the water and snow can make the air colder by going into the intake!!!:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.